PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Adepticon championships

Norbu the Destroyer
03-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Here is my 1850 list for the 1850 Championships. If somehow I manage to win my 120 person bracket I will be staying to hopefully play the other 120 person bracket winner.

Here is the list dubbed "Adepticrons"

HQ
Deciever
Lord (warscythe, res. orb, destroyer body, phase shifter)

Elite
4 Pariah

Troops
10 warrioirs
11 warriors

Fast
3 Wraith
3 Wraith
4 Destroyers

Heavy
1 Monolith
1 H. Destroyer
1 H. Destroyer

Hope lots of you can make it as this is hands down the best convention I have ben to in years. It is really worth checking out.

Lerra
03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd suggest running at least 3-4 troop choices for the 1850 games. There are many scenarios where you will want at least 3 troops (Adepticon often runs very complicated scenarios, and more troops mean more tactical flexibility). I know warriors aren't the most useful unit, but a max of two scoring units (and two held objectives) could be a big obstacle.

Wraiths and Pariahs are too expensive to be viable at 1850, imo. I'd drop them for a third warrior squad, and consider dropping the Lord for more destroyers. The mobile firepower is very handy.

Tynskel
03-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Pretty risky to go with only 21 warriors, isn't it? Makes it hard to compete for objectives

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 03:06 PM
it also doesnt look hard to phase

Norbu the Destroyer
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, grabbing objectives can be difficult with this list and still getting max scores. I have seen the Adepticon primer missions and only one relies on grabbing multiple objectives. That mission, Ill have to ignore 1 objective, use a squad to spread out to grab 2 objectives, or go for wipe out.

Kill points and terrain grab may not be a problem with this list.

Tynskel
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Personally, I don't like Pariahs. Yes, the Warscythe is awesome, but Pariahs are slow, don't have we'll be back, and don't have an invulnerable save.

Just cutting those guys will get you 8 more Warriors.

I like the Wraiths, Destroyers, n' other stuff.

Now, it has been a while since I have fought Necrons (2008 'Ard Boyz!), but wouldn't a tomb spyders be more useful than the Deceiver?

You could get 3 Spyders, 1 Hv Destroyer, 1 Destroyer, and 1 Warrior for the Price of the Deceiver.

If you have a game plan for the Deceiver, that's cool- I just think adding Spyders would make your army more flexible.

Norbu the Destroyer
03-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Yes you do get more army for giving up the Deciever, but I think he is a must for Crons at tournaments these days. I have had success without him, but I prefer having him in the list. My phase out is at 8, and it is hard to wipe this army to 8 or less Necron models.

karandras
03-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Does the Destroyer Lord hang with the Wraith squads? Do the Pariahs advance hiding behind the Deceiver or within a squad of Warriors???

karandras
03-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Do you deep strike the Monolith?

Norbu the Destroyer
03-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I rarely deepstrike the monolith. The lord generally runs with the wraiths but usually splits off to go hunt tanks. The pariah I never have a plan for and I sort of use as a hole filler, they can shoot and melee. They arent the best at either, but in a pinch they can pay off.

karandras
03-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the response and good luck. I went to Adepticon in 2008. It's a long haul from Florida. I'd like to get back there next year. Not happening this year.

Norbu the Destroyer
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Ill be posting my results on here from the championships. I do enjoy giving solid Necron advice(at least for my playstyle).:)