PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point semi-competitive Chaos army

foostoofoo
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
This army is pretty damn cheesy as you will soon see, it's meant to be hard, but not GT winning :)

So lets take a look at the list:

HQ
Sorcerer, MoS, lash of submission - 125

Sorcerer, MoS, lash of submission - 125

Troops
7 plague marines, 2 melta guns, champion, powerfist, personal icon - 226

Rhino, extra armour - 50

7 plague marines, 2 melta guns, champion, powerfist - 221

Rhino, extra armour - 50

8 plague marines, 2 melta guns, champion, powerfist, personal icon - 249

Land raider, Daemonic possession - 240

8 plague marines, 2 melta guns, champion, powerfist, personal icon - 249

Land raider, Daemonic possession - 240

Heavy Support
3 Obliterators - 225

So there you go 2000 points on the head and cheesy I know :)

The sorceres will join the 8 man squads and hop in the raiders :)

So any comments/criticism/tips would all be appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
hmm I dnt see the big problem. if you see my nid list, i reckon if i add 500 points I could beat u. But still compared to tau i used to play, Insanely cheesy.

foostoofoo
03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Can't say that was too helpful but thank you anyway lol

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey you know us travel around england types, if uve lived in more than 3 towns in 16 years you lose your mind. Also ive never played chaos. But if you want some constructive from my experience with any marines. Play a:

[Raider] [Rhino] [Rhino] [Raider] Formation. While the rhinos are weaker and thus assumed running across the middle is strange. Your Landraiders will be main target. As such They either kill your raiders and split their army, or take out the rhinos and your lash is uber deadly. Just remember to Take out as many enemy tanks asap

foostoofoo
03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Thats better :P

Lol jokes

Ye I've seen that been used before but had forgotten about it, sounds like a good plan though :)

Guna start testing it this week :)

Thanks

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
just remember, take any and all of my advice with salt. Im by no means good. and having never actually got a proper 1500 point army b4, due to 16 and little money, but im on the up with nids :p

foostoofoo
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Lol ye I know what ya mean man, I'm 16 too and it really is a struggle for money.

I started my nids as well due to money from xmas, but been working on them for so much now I kinda need a side project to take me away from them for a few weeks. I already had a death guard army so this is just a small expansion really :)

gcsmith
03-03-2010, 05:27 AM
You could swap a Plague squad with noise with sonic blaster etc, and swap a LR for that weird walker thing (cant rember the one with 4 legs right now) and put a sorcerer in a rhino so he can cast out. Also provides some anti termy stuff