PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt mech ig

ashnaile
03-03-2010, 04:45 AM
decided to start an ig army and came up with this, lemme know what you thinka s far as competitiveness, as thats what i tryed to go for, so harsh c&c welcome, as im new to ig, though theyre a semi frequent opponent of mine.

CCS, officer of the fleet, 3x meltaguns, in chimera /w hunter killer missile & pintle heavy stubber. 190
Inquisitor Lord /w Psychic hood, 2x mystics & hierophant in Rhino /w smoke launchers 138

Marbo 65
9x Pysker Battle Squad (8+ overseer), in chimera /w hunter killer missile & pintle heavy stubber. 175

Veterans /w 2x meltaguns, 6x shotguns & 1x flamer Sarge /w power fist. 110
Veterans /w 2x meltaguns, 6x shotguns & 1x flamer Sarge /w power fist. 110
Veterans /w 3x plasmaguns in chimera /w hunter killer missile & pintle heavy stubber. 190
Veterans /w 3x plasmaguns in chimera /w hunter killer missile & pintle heavy stubber. 190

1x Vendetta 130
1x Vendetta 130
2x Vendettas 260

2x Leman Russ Executioners /w plasmacannon sponsors, 2x hunter killer missiles, 1x pintle heavy stubber. 490

1x Leman Russ Battle Tank, hunter killer missile & pintle heavy stubber. 160

1x medusa /w bastion breachers , enclosed crew compartment, hunter killer missile 155

c&c please.

Nabterayl
03-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Can I point out that your inquisitor lord is missing a henchman?

Magos Bellum
03-03-2010, 06:27 PM
The Inquisitor Lord is required to have 3 henchmen and he does, 2 mystics and a hierophant.

The hunter-killer missiles are probably a waste. Everything that has them will almost always have something better to do than firing a single missile (or a single missile and the turret weapon in the case of the Leman Russes), since it doesn't really mesh with the anti-infantry weapons on the chimeras and your medusa will almost always have better luck hiting something with it's main gun.

Shadoq
03-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Not a big fan of Plasma in Chims as they will have a max range of 18" if you're moving your chims which you should be. Plus they overheat and that means little guardsmans go bye bye. Prefer GLs myself but can understand why some don't like them.

Definetly get rid of the HK missiles. I count I believe 8 in that list. Trade those point for a Ratling squad of 8. Much better use of points imo.

I'd dump the flamer from each squad and throw an extra melta gun instead because even with BS 4 my Guard still have a nasty tendency to shoot dirt or air even when they are point blank. Those sqds should be airlifted in to take out your opponent's heavy armor asap and as such don't need flamer.

Personally, I'd also dump the Deusa also and take a Manticore instead. Reason is that guard do templates well, and it is just too much fun dropping 1-3 S10 AP4 ORD templates. Say bye bye ork hordes.

SlavesToDarkness
03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I think this list looks a little fragile. Only ~60 guys in 2500pts?

Why don't you drop all those Chimeras, mount up your Vets and use the spare points for a big platoon?

Also, drop each and every hunter-killer missile. However, I don't agree with everyone here: I think HKs have a place on Sentinels (particularly scout) as firing that plus an autocannon or Lascannon at side or rear armor is fantastic.

Finally, I love the double Executioners. The Executioner is my favorite tank - if it shoots, it's motherf**king lights out. But on the Executioner the HKs are doubly redundant because if you move, you'll always be firing your turret + one plasma cannon.

Chumbalaya
03-05-2010, 01:20 PM
At the core it looks good, but there's a lot of points wasted here. HKs and pintle mounts can go, as can the PFs.

I would give your CCS an Astropath for sure, just in case you need to put stuff in reserve.

Give both melta Vet units 3 meltas and Demolitions. Buy 1 unit a Chimera and have your Inquisitor jack it. Also give him a hood and tarot.

Lose 2 Vendettas, drop an Exec (squadrons bad) and LRBT to pick up another Medusa (Medusa > LRBT), and look into getting either more mounted units (Vets, PCS + infantry on foot) or some useful support (Hellhound, Sentinels, infantry + HWS).

Something like:
CCS-3 melta, Astro, Fleet Officer, Chimera
Inquisitor Lord-hood, tarot, psycannon, 2 mystics, hierophant
PBS in Chimera
10 Vets, 3 meltas, Demo, Chimera (for Inquisitor)
10 Vets, 3 meltas, Demo
2x 10 Vets, 3 plasma, Chimera
PCS-4 meltas, Chimera
Infantry (autocannons or lascannons, Chimeras and HWS optional)
2 solo Vendettas
Plascutioner
2x Medusas (no BB, you like pie plates)

SlavesToDarkness
03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I like Chumbalaya's ideas, it's a good idea to listen to him. However, I would tell you to keep the Vendetta (so that you have three aircraft) and not opt for double Medusas. I usually find Medusas = kaboom. A standard battle tank has way more range and AV14. In a long range duel with devastators, tank beats devastators each time - the Medusa? Kaboom.

This is just my opinion, of course, but I would prefer another Vendetta to fry high strength targets with lascannons and use standard russes to pound your enemies from afar.

Chumbalaya
03-05-2010, 08:08 PM
2 Medusas is for redundancy, in case 1 goes boom. The standard Russ is beefy, but S10 ordnance is very useful when most of the AT in the list is melta. With ACC and cover (hide behind a Chimera, add camo netting, lol) you've got 3+ cover and no open-topped to screw you.