PDA

View Full Version : Sororitas background

Madness
03-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I was reading one of those "complete sources for -" on bolter & chainsword, and there's a mention of otherwise unpublished fluff about Sororitas in WD 293, which is one of the few issues I don't have, can someone fill me in on what was that about and if it was eventually reprised on other material?

Commissar Lewis
03-04-2010, 10:26 PM
I'd ask Melissia, she's the patron saint of the Soroitas around here. I mean that respectfully, she really knows the Sororitas stuff.

Melissia
03-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I've never had a subscription to White Dwarf, so I'd like that as much as Madness would.

Commissar Lewis
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Ah, then I was way off the mark. Well I've made mistakes before, like " hey I can handle this shot of tequila after everything else I had".

Woke up on my living room floor.

Madness
03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Been (kinda) there, "hey, I spent 12€ for the entrance, I should get a (free) drink that's at least worth it", one large glass of Cointreau later I was happy, like, really happy.
Turns out the bartender had no idea what was the right amount to pour.
But hey, I introduced a friend to a girl, and now they're together, so it's all good, huh?

Back on topic, so, no White Dwarf subscriber from 2004 around?

rbryce
03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
ill, check, i made a habit of getting old dwarfs with the sisters, i think that one was part of a 2 parter, report in later ok, fond 292, not 293. 292 is the WH release from the then new dex. pg 18- baptism of fire(chat wi' designers, painting masters sisters, and thats it. it IS a 2 parter, though i seem to be missing 293, ill see if the man at the market has one tomoz

Madness
03-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Cheers man(?), I appreciate it.

Kahoolin
03-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I've got it. As a sometime WH player it's my most dog-eared and well-read White Dwarf.

It has:

Chapter Approved: Zealots. Official rules for using mobs of eviscerator and exterminator armed zealots in your army.

An article showcasing Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors and retinues by various hobbyists.

Codicium Imperialis: A six page article of sororitas background info, including sections on the Adepta Sororitas in general, the Orders Militant, the Lesser Orders Militant, the non-militant orders, the Orders Hospitaller, the Orders Sabine, the Orders Pronatus, mini-bios of Sts. Dominica, Katherine, Silvana, Lucia, Mina and Arabella (the founders/patrons of the six major orders), some artwork, a little bit about the Abbess (the chief sister of the Imperium - there currently isn't one) and the battle prayer of the Adepta Sororitas which goes a little something like this:

A spirito dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lightning and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.
From plague, deceit, temptation and war,
Our Emperor, deliver us.
From the scourge of the Kraken,
Our Emperor, deliver us.
From the blasphemy of the Fallen,
Our Emperor, deliver us.
From the begetting of Daemons,
Our Emperor, deliver us.
From the curse of the mutant,
Our Emperor, deliver us.
A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.
That thou wouldst bring them only death,
That thou wouldst spare none,
That thou shouldst pardon none,
We beseech thee, destroy them.

Best issue ever :)

rbryce
03-05-2010, 01:36 AM
cheers kahoolin, that s a good issue then. chapter approved in 2 consecutive issues is good an all, thosewere the days.

Madness
03-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Damn, looks like I'm missing a big chunk.

Melissia
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
A pity we don't get issues like that anymore.

rbryce
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
yeah, the one i got (292) has random monster rules(enslavers, crotalids catachan devils etc) and some rules for xenos mounts, which would be nice, im certain i got 2 figs of spite somewhere...

gcsmith
03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
If that shows how to convert fantatical men with flamer pistols i have it somewhere, black cover right?

rbryce
03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
it has the C:WH cover. funny thing, i just found the dwarf for the original 2nd ed release of sisters of battle, and its exactly 80 dwarfs between them.