PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Chaos Daemons

MetalStorm4786
03-05-2010, 08:38 AM
I decided to come up with a competitive 2500 Point Daemon Force, but I also wanted it to be fun for me and my opponent to use...hense the HQ choices. If I wanted a more competitive build, I would save 93 points and have two Bloodthirster with Unholy Might. Skarbrand is a blast to have on the board for both players, and Fateweaver just throws people for a loop.

HQ
Skarbrand
Fateweaver

Elites
5 Fiends of Slaanesh with Unholy Might
4 Bloodcrushers of Khorne with Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne and Instrument of Chaos

Troops
15 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
15 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
10 Bloodletters of Khorne with Chaos Icon
10 Bloodletters of Khorne
5 Horros of Tzeentch with Bolt of Tzeentch
5 Horros of Tzeentch with Bolt of Tzeentch

Heavy Support
Soul Grinder with Tongue
Soul Grinder with Tongue
Daemon Prince with Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Tzeentch and Bolt of Tzeentch

My own thoughts:

- Bloodcrushers are tough enough to hold the Icon and not die. Fury stops them from being bogged down by walkers. The Instrument is there for wound allocation.

- The second Icon is meant to a backup incase Wave 1 does not come in.

- Maybe drop Iron Hide from the Prince since he already has a 4+ Invul? Replace with Breath of Chaos?

- 5 ranged AA weapons plus MC's and Elites should be enough for Vehicle popping.

Daemons have the benefit of not having to walk across the table and endure rounds of shooting before getting those AA weapons and nasty CC beasts up close.

Let me know what you all think!

Chumbalaya
03-05-2010, 01:27 PM
It's terribad, sorry.

At 2500 you will see lots of armor, lots of bodies and lots of dakka. This list can't take it.

If you want Skarbrand, you'll need high I units to make the most of his abilities. You'll also need to hurt armor. Fiends and Flesh Hounds, 3 maxed units of each (plus Karanak) are necessary. They are fast, reasonably resilient and very nasty on the charge.

Daemon Troops that aren't PBs pretty much suck, just take a bunch of min-sized units and call it a day. Bletters are a possibility since they're so killy and draw lots of fire, but that's it.

Grinders are melta fodder, use DPs so you get re-rolls. Winged Nurgle Princes of doom are order of the day.

Norbu the Destroyer
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
If you really want Fateweaver and Skarbrand as your two HQ's then I would design half your army aropund each of them and split them up.
Send the Crushers w/ F. Weaver, Fiends w/ Skarby. High I (over 4) should go with Skarbucks, and tough models should go with Fate W. Just my opinion, I have had a little success with these sorts of lists. Dont know how it would do in a 2500 pt. fight, but give it a shot.

gardeth
03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
REALLY need to decide what your trying to do with this list, the nature of the FOC is that even at 2500 points you really can't afford to do both. Either gear it towards Fateweaver or Skarbrand (my vote would be on Kairos).

Cryl
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Grinders are melta fodder, use DPs so you get re-rolls. Winged Nurgle Princes of doom are order of the day.

Yup totally true. I play a lot against daemons and putting three Nurgle princes on the board is just bad bad news for your opponent, I'd give them iron hide though as even with the increased Toughness the 5++ isn't all that great and for some reason they don't get FnP with the MoN.

If you really want cheap ranged anti tank then Tzeentch Heralds on chariots are really rather tough to kill, very mobile and with the S8 AP1 shooting attack come in at under 100 points each.

Other than that others have pretty much covered the main points, balance around fateweaver rather than skarbrand and focus on your elite choices.