PDA

View Full Version : 200 points of 3 Land Raider Space Wolf Obscenity

Unholy_Martyr
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Earlier, I posted a comment describing an overall silly list for 2000 points with 3 Land Raiders. I figured I would post the list here and see if you all think I am completely outside of my mind.

H.Q

Wolf Priest
Wolf Tooth Necklace, Saga of the Warrior Born -145

Wolf Priest
Wolf Tooth Necklace, Melta Bombs -115

Wolf Priest
Wolf Tooth Necklace -110

Elites

Wolf Guard
3x Power Fists, 3x Combi-Melta, Land Raider Redeemer: Extra Armor, Multi Melta -394

Troops

Grey Hunters 10x
1x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Power Fist -205

Blood Claws 14x
1x Melta, Power Fist -240

Blood Claws 14x
1x Melta, Power Fist -240

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader
Multi Melta, Extra Armor -275

Land Raider Crusader
Multi Melta, Extra Armor -275

Total: 1999

Nothing is really left to the imagination here, everything rolls up and jumps out in force.

Is this list competitive? Definitely not. Could it be fun to play? Probably yes. Would I need to invest in more dice? You decide...

Chexmix282
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I love the list.

Unfortunately Blood Claws need to be at 15 models to take the second Meltagun.

Also, why is the LRR dedicated to the Wolf Guard? Does this not mean that your Grey Hunters cannot start in it?

Unholy_Martyr
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Noticed the issue with the Blood Claws the moment after I posted...oops.

I did a Dedicated Transport for the Wolf Guard as it doesn't take up a Heavy Support slot...not that it really matters, it could go either way.

This is a rather interesting question as from what I can tell, no one has really answered the question as what happens when you have a dedicated transport for a unit that gets broken up (i.e. Wolf Guard).

Anyone have any thoughts as how this plays out? Granted; in this case, a member of the unit is still embarked in said transport.

Chexmix282
03-08-2010, 03:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that after you deploy the WG in the GH squads the WG no longer has anything to do with the original WG squad. To me it seems like you could not deploy inside the WG's dedicated transport with the GH unit.

To be safe i would just take it as a heavy support choice.

Unholy_Martyr
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
After much reading and forum lurking, the response seems to be that it does in fact stay a dedicated transport after the Wolf Guard are dispatched. However, for Deployment purposes, the unit that is replacing the Wolf Guard (i.e. the Blood Claws here) must start outside of the vehicle.

Therefore it is Legal, just will take some Maneuvering to use and will make rolling for Reserves interesting...

Lord Azaghul
03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
What if your opponent moves?

Interesting list. I think the best counter though would be to outflank, and hang out in reserves.

Unholy_Martyr
03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
In all honesty, the probability of this list winning on a regular basis is slim to none. I was going for the epic assault (granted it would maybe get pulled off once a year) where I could get all 3 packs assaulting at once for a total of around 180 attacks with preferred enemy (more than likely against Infantry)...It would bring tears to any Infantry units eyes.

Lord Azaghul
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I think againt less experienced players the list will appear quite mean.
But If you an bring in all three LR at once that would still be effective no matter the opponent.

Unholy_Martyr
03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure there is an Imperial Guard player out there who wishes he played against a list like this soon. 3 Vendettas with Melta Veterans would make short work of this group, especially if they had demo charges...that's not even including all of the other Ordnance that can be brought to bear.

However, you do have a point. 3 Land Raiders is nothing to snicker at.