Fast Attack

Vendetta

Vendetta

Vendetta

Heavy Support

Executioner w/ Plasma Cannon sponsons, HHF

Manticore

Manticore

I feel pretty good about this list. 4 chimelta teams, 2 chiplasma teams, 3 vendettas, 2 manticores, a plascutioner, mystic anti-deepstrike defense, an astropath, 4 autocannons and 2 infantry squads to serve as bubble wrap or objective holders. If I'm facing a list with lots of light vehicles the veteran melta and plasma squad will hold and fire their autocannons for a turn or 2 while the other 4 chimeras advance. Vendettas alpha strike or outflank as usual. I used 2 CCS because they are cheaper than vet squads, can have 1 more melta, and can be used to reliably alpha strike AV14 if I get first turn.

I feel like the list has the right balance of long range firepower (2 storm eagle rocket platforms, 9 TL las, 5 plasma cannon blasts, 4 autocannons, 6 multilasers) and close range firepower (6 plasmas, 15 meltas, 9 heavy flamers, and a handful of lasguns). I also managed to fit in the astropath for outflanking or reserve denying alpha strike lists, the mystics for an anti-deepstrike bubble, and 2 infantry squads for bubblewrap/home objective holding. What do you guys think?

Chumbalaya
03-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I like it, lots of dakka and armor.

The only things I'd look for are Chimeras to give the Medusas reliable cover (easy enough to workaround with the plasma units), Demolitions for your Vets so they can hop in the Vendettas for a 1st turn alpha strike (bye-bye stationary vehicles) and maybe some bubble wrap for your static tanks, 20 or so stubborn dudes ought to do it.

SlavesToDarkness
03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I like it too. My only gripes are:

1) Blobbed platoons work way better as bubble-wrap. With a CCS to give orders, 30+ guys with heavy weapons will be more accurate than BS4.

2) You've got plenty of melt - the Platoon Command Squad should have flamers. Melta isn't as good on them at BS3.

3) LOVE the Plascutioner with the heavy flamer. That's exactly how mine is equipped and it KILLS EVERYBODY.

Chumbalaya
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Actually, 4 BS3 meltas are statistically identical to 3 BS4 meltas :P It's even better with BiD going off.

jcage
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I do like the idea of a big stubborn blob to use as a tarpit, but what do you guys think I should drop to fit another infantry squad and a commissar in?

jcage
04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Changed the list up a bit:

HQ

CCS
-4 X Melta
-Astropath
-Chimera w/ ML, HHF

CCS
-4 X Melta
-Chimera w/ ML, HHF

Elites

Daemonhunters Inquisitor w/ CCW, Bolter
-2 X Mystic
-3 X Warrior w/ 3 X plasma gun

Troops

Platoon Command Squad
-4X flamer
-Chimera w/ ML, HHF
Infantry Squad
-Autocannon
Infantry Squad
-Autocannon
-Chimera w/ ML, HHF (Inquisitor's ride)

Veteran Squad
-3 X Plasma
-Chimera w/ ML, HHF

Veteran Squad
-3 X Melta
-Chimera w/ ML, HHF

Fast Attack

Vendetta

Vendetta

Vendetta

Heavy Support

Medusa X 2

Manticore

Manticore

Basically just dropped the plascutioner, the vet squad autocannons and swapped the PCS meltas to flamers to fit in 2 medusas. It occured to me that 2 medusas have almost the same amount of firepower as the plascutioner, and they can take on heavy armour as well, so why not make the change? Swapped the PCS meltas to flamers and dropped the vet autocannons because the medusas should be able shoulder some anti-tank responsibility. AV12 open topped is a hell of a lot less surivvable than AV14 though, so which list do you guys prefer?