PDA

View Full Version : scout sergeant telion - always dressed as ultramarines?

krispy
08-05-2009, 02:15 AM
okay!
so i figure i may use telion with my scouts - so i scratchbuilt a scout to resemble him - my question comes to what colors to paint him - does he have to be in ultramarines colors ?

Anyone have any examples of how they have encorporated him into their armies?

I'll try and post some pics later if anyone is interested

thanks

/krispy

Captain Castus
08-05-2009, 02:54 AM
I've only seen him painted as an Ultramarine... I think the fluff says he's 'loaned' out to other Chapters to help with their training...

I'd say you could paint him whatever colour you like though... Doesn't matter if he's 'counts as'...

CC

splnes
08-05-2009, 05:12 AM
yeah using the 'counts as' rule you can do what you like with him.

plus he is a sniper scout in sense so you can camo him up how ever you like. the scouts dont even need to match the rest of the army

Kapeesh
08-05-2009, 05:13 AM
One thing you could do is to come up with your own name (good name generator on Bolter and Chainsword) and paint him however you want.

Súil Dubh
08-05-2009, 05:21 AM
I've thought about painting him as a Black Templar to match my army.

He has at least two Ultramarine logos that would have to be filed off though. They look like they'd be pretty tricky to take off cleanly.

Anyone successfully accomplished this?

The Plastic Surgeon
08-05-2009, 05:24 AM
I say paint him as whoever you like and use the Telion rules. As for cutting rid of the Ultramarine logos, I'd suppose a Dremel would be the way to go, I've got one and I don't play UM!

Gotthammer
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
I've taken the logos off of my Telion - he also has one on his gun. The one on his arm I removed, and the one on his shoulder I cut off the sticky-out bits and filled in the ring to make a raised disk.

oni
08-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Paint him your normal chapter colours and use him as "counts as Talion". Simple as that and no one will argue.

RedScorpionsGirl
08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I cleaned off all the ultramarine symbols, put a red scorpions brass etch on his left shoulder, an elysian head and added a bit of length to the barrel of his stalker to make it look like a unique sniper rifle, and he is the sgt of my single scout squad for my red scorpions.

Súil Dubh
08-08-2009, 08:23 AM
I cleaned off all the ultramarine symbols, put a red scorpions brass etch on his left shoulder, an elysian head and added a bit of length to the barrel of his stalker to make it look like a unique sniper rifle, and he is the sgt of my single scout squad for my red scorpions.

Great conversion recipe. Got a picture you can post?