PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt SM/GK list

Son of Guilliman
03-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Well, i recently have gotten into some DH, don't ask me why, and played my first games with them today. The biggest flaw i found with them was their lack of range and high strength weapons. So i decided to take a SM list and ally my GK's to it and give the GK's what they desperately need - firepower. This is mainly my little way of trying to make GK's competitive, because they are fun to play with and i love the models. Let me know what you think

2000 Pts
1 Kor'sarro Khan @ 160 pts
4 Grey Knight Terminators @ 302 pts (Nemesis Force Weapon x3; Storm Bolter x2; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1; Incinerator x1)
. . 1 Brother-Captain (Auspex; Terminator Armour; Unguents of Warding; Nemesis Force Weapon; Psycannon)
1 Land Raider Redeemer @ 265 pts (Extra Armor; Multi-Melta)

1 Venerable Dreadnought @ 205 pts (Twin Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher)

4 Scout Squad @ 90 pts (Camo Cloaks; Bolt Pistol x4; Combat Blade x4)
. . 1 Sergeant (Camo Cloaks; Bolt Pistol; Combat Blade)
. . 1 Sergeant (Camo Cloaks; Bolt Pistol; Combat Blade)

5 Grey Knights @ 204 pts (Nemesis Force Weapon x3; Storm Bolter x3; Incinerator x2)
. . 1 Grey Knight Justicar (Auspex; Targeter; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter)

5 Grey Knights @ 204 pts (Nemesis Force Weapon x3; Storm Bolter x3; Incinerator x2t)
. . 1 Grey Knight Justicar (Auspex; Targeter; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter)

1 Land Speeder Storm @ 50 pts

1 Land Speeder Storm @ 50 pts

4 Devastator Squad @ 230 pts (Lascannon x4)
. . 1 Sergeant

4 Devastator Squad @ 150 pts (Missile Launcher x4)
. . 1 Sergeant

Basically Khan and the GK Termies hang out in the LRR and wreak havoc while the PAGK's advance and flame. I may deep strike the Storms just so they stay alive longer and are rip roarin ready to zip onto an obj on turn 5/6.

Chumbalaya
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
GK really don't benefit SM that much, since TH/SS Termies walk all over GKT.

You've sunk too many points in GK (too pricey, you have better alternatives), pointless upgrades (Venerable, TLLC/ML when dual TLAC is better) and just don't have enough bodies or firepower.

Khan's outflanking Land Raider is a gimmick and not all that difficult to counter, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd suggest a total redo.

Son of Guilliman
03-08-2010, 02:01 AM
the main advantage to the GKT's over their THSS SM brethren is that they are striking at a high strength but at initiative as well. Don't get me wrong, i love THSS termies as much as the next guy, but sometimes you just wanna swing first. Basically my whole purpose with this list is to be able to play GK's but give them the range they desperately need. Ok try # 2

1 Chaplain Cassius @ 125 pts
0 Grey Knight Hero [OM] @ 256 pts (Brother Captain)
. . 1 Brother-Captain [OM] (Auspex; Hammerhand)
. . . . 4 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue [OM] (Nemesis Force Weapon x3; Storm Bolter x2; T. Hammer & S. Shield x1; Incinerator x1)
1 Land Raider Redeemer @ 265 pts (Multi-Melta)

7 Grey Knights @ 247 pts (Incinerator x2)
. . 1 Grey Knight Justicar (Targeter; Frag Grenades)
7 Grey Knights @ 247 pts (Incinerator x2;)
. . 1 Grey Knight Justicar (Targeter; Frag Grenades)

. . 1 Sergeant (Camo Cloak; Bolt Pistol; Combat Blade)
4 Scout Squad @ 90 pts (Camo Cloaks;Sniper Rifle x4)
. . 1 Sergeant (Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifle)
1 Land Speeder Storm @ 50 pts (Cerberus Launcher; Jamming Beacon; Heavy Bolter)

1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 90 pts (Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1)
1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 90 pts (Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1)

4 Devastator Squad @ 185 pts (Missile Launcher x4)
. . 1 Sergeant
. . 1 Rhino
4 Devastator Squad @ 265 pts ( Lascannon x4)
. . 1 Sergeant
. . 1 Rhino

Total Roster Cost: 1999

the PAGK's hop in the rhinos, run with the redeemer, the Typhoons add fire support, may deep strike 'em, will have to see.

Tynskel
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
GK really don't benefit SM that much, since TH/SS Termies walk all over GKT.

You've sunk too many points in GK (too pricey, you have better alternatives), pointless upgrades (Venerable, TLLC/ML when dual TLAC is better) and just don't have enough bodies or firepower.

Khan's outflanking Land Raider is a gimmick and not all that difficult to counter, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd suggest a total redo.

In that case, my suggestion is to avoid the stupid TH/SS terminators!

I like the list- reminds me of Scythes of the Emperor. They have so few marines left, they have had to change their tactics. GK make a good proxy for Scythe power weapons (relic blades) Oh yeah, Furious Charge Grey Knight Terminators = AWESOME!

Son of Guilliman
03-11-2010, 02:05 AM
ok, this has got a few more models and has kinda beefed up some of the squads.

2000 Pts - Space Marines Roster

1 Kor'sarro Khan @ 160 pts
4 Grey Knight Terminators @ 290 pts (Nemesis Force Weapon x3; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1; Incinerator x1)
. . 1 Brother-Captain (Nemesis Force Weapon; Psycannon)
1 Land Raider Redeemer @ 265 pts (Frag Assault Launchers; Power of the Machine Spirit; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Multi-Melta; Flamestorm Cannons x2; Twin Linked Assault Cannon)

9 Grey Knights @ 295 pts (Incinerator x2)
. . 1 Grey Knight Justicar

9 Grey Knights @ 295 pts (Incinerator x2)
. . 1 Grey Knight Justicar

4 Scout Squad @ 85 pts (Sniper Rifle x3; Heavy Bolter w/Hellfire Shells)
. . 1 Sergeant (Sniper Rifle)

9 Scout Squad @ 140 pts (Bolt Pistol x9; Combat Blade x9)
. . 1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Combat Blade)

1 Land Speeder Storm @ 50 pts (Heavy Bolter)

1 Land Speeder Storm @ 50 pts (Heavy Bolter)

4 Devastator Squad @ 185 pts (Multi-Melta x4)
. . 1 Sergeant
. . 1 Rhino

4 Devastator Squad @ 185 pts (Missile Launcher x4)
. . 1 Sergeant
. . 1 Rhino

i run the LR and rhinos full of GK's together, save the storms in reserve for obj grabbin, and let the rest shoot. what we think?

Cryl
03-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Not so much list advice but theme thoughts... have you considered painting all of this up as if all models were Grey Knights? you can effectively simulate a real complete Grey Knights army by using models from both codexes under accepted rules... just use regular power armour marine models for those that come from C:SM and GK models from C:DH.

Just a thought but it might look quite cool to see a grey knight coloured / themed chapter fielded

Son of Guilliman
03-11-2010, 02:19 AM
yeah, the same thought has crossed my mind as well. May end up doin it, but as soon as i put all the time and effort into it they will get a new dex and then all will be for naught. may stilll try it though