PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Knight

Mr Mystery
06-25-2015, 03:52 PM
First off.....yes the PC version has significant issues. No, it's not good enough for release day. Yes it is embarrassing.

But testicles to that, because I have it on PS4.....and it is glorious.

Bat mobile isn't just great fun to drive, but integral to the game. I understand some reviews have knocked it's extensive use, and it is often quicker to glide from place to place....but hey, if it was less integral, I'm sure they'd complain about that. What matters for me is that with the press of a button, it's right next to me ready for action. Fan. Tas. Tic.

Apparently I'm around 13.3% through the main story. It's a little slow at first, but boy has it picked up!

Roll on the weekend when I intend to rinse it.

And yes. I do already want to knock Riddler's smarmy little block off.

Kirsten
06-25-2015, 03:54 PM
I really enjoyed the first two, so looking forward to this one. wont be getting it for a fair while though, got too many other things to play first

eldargal
06-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Its more than significant issues, bunch of retailers stopped selling it and are offering unconditional refunds. Some people already calling it the worst AAA PC game launch ever. Mine hadn't shipped so I cancelled it.

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 04:53 AM
It's a sad state of affairs, because the game itself is really really good fun.

As said above, the plot is a little plodding to start with, but when it hits its stride - hold on to your hollyhocks, we're off for a ride!

At the risk of spoilers, I've so far encountered.....Scarecrow (ostensibly the central baddie) Arkham Knight (created for the game I believe, identity is a mystery), ManBat (just about pooped myself) and Firefly (no, you can't outrun the Batmobile, fool!)

Missions are now set via an interface, rather than manually setting checkpoints on the city map. Bit odd to get used to if you've played the previous three games (Origins is defo part of it....) but once you have it's a nifty innovation to the series.

Voice acting is a little wonky, but you get used to it.

eldargal
06-26-2015, 05:17 AM
I'm quite disappointed. I enjoyed the first two games immensely, and Origins was decent. On the bright side its one less exception to my 'only female protagonists' rule I have to worry about.

Mr Mystery
06-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Completely rinsed it this weekend!

Got two checkpoints to clear out and an absolute pooload of Riddler stuff to do.

Really hope they sort out the PC port soon.

eldargal
07-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Warner Bros. knew Arkham Knight PC version was completely terrible but decided to ship it anyway according to QA testers. (http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219)

Hoping the yget it fixed so I can get it on Steam 75% off in 6 months or so.

knockout51
07-13-2015, 08:50 PM
big regret buying that game for the pc