PDA

View Full Version : no ven dread for the ba??

fuzzbuket
03-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Hi I know its late but.

while I was reading throught the BM article at Gw It said

Space Marines Venerable Dreadnought
The armies of the Adeptus Astartes are bolstered this month with a multi-part plastic Venerable Dreadnought. Boasting dozens of optional extras and enough highly detailed components to keep any Chapter artisan busy, Venerable Dreadnoughts can be chosen for Codex: Space Marines, Black Templars, Space Wolves and Dark Angels armies.

nothing wrong

read it again

no mention of BA at all!
so:

1) theres a Ba dread kit coming out (Very likley)
2) all BA dreds are ven
3) BA dreads cant be ven?

Fellend
03-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Most likely the BA dread kit will be the offical venerable version for them

Madness
03-07-2010, 07:09 AM
BA dreads have several different options not available to other chapters (furioso, librarian...) so it's likely that they will do a BA-only kit for dreads, either full package or upgrade kit.

Melissia
03-07-2010, 11:15 AM
BA have a flying dreadnaught.

BA don't need no stinkin' venerable dread.

HsojVvad
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
What you need a Venerable Dreadnaught for? You can field something like 12 or more or some riduculous number LOL :P

DarkLink
03-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Ven Dreads are so last week. It's all about Librarian Dreads, man :p

pgarfunkle
03-26-2010, 01:44 AM
I spotted the new rules for the furioso last night in my local store and they are just mean. FA 13 with WS 6 with the ability to swap the fists for "Blood Talons/Claws" ( I forget which it is) for free. Which count as lightning claws which for every unsaved wound gives you an extra attack immediately, each additional wound caused by this provides another attack. All for the price of a dread from the current pdf.

As Melissia said "BA don't need no stinkin' venerable dread."

Quaade
03-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Furioso dreadnought are, according to the new fluff, their venerable dreadnought, only without all the options and rules that venerable dreadnoughts have.

Sanguinary Dan
03-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Sort of. The Furioso has a higher WS and the nose goes to AV13. But the "Hard to kill" rule is not available to any BA dread.

But as some have already mentioned, when you've got an AV13, flying dread with a DCCW and a Force Weapon why do you need anything else? :p

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Are they sticking wings on that flying dreadnought, as they seem to have with two new characters and a squad?
Just trying to imagine a dreadnought with angelic wings now........or is it jump packs, or cherubs or....or...or

Bad enough they deepstrike Landraiders, we get it GW you want a whole bunch of flying vampiric SM's

Sanguinary Dan
03-26-2010, 10:35 AM
It flies using the "Wings of Sanguinius" psy power.

My understanding is that this edition's background basically ignore the whole pseudo-vampire thing. That's why there is so very much angel looking stuff. But the sure did get carried away on naming things "Blood whatcimacallit".