PDA

View Full Version : Daemonhunters - 1250pts

Shyft
03-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi, First post here, and it's an army list

I run a primarily Grey Knights army, though I have some inquisition troopers and the like. At higher point levels I run 2LRs and an LRC, but that's at high points. Right now, i'm in an escalation league at my LGS, 1250pts this week.

The List!

HQ:

Brother Captain
x2 Grey Knight Terminators

Tactical/Strategic considerations: I'll be deep-striking these guys wherever I can.

Elites:

Inquisitor
Bolter
x2 Gun-Servitors w/ Heavy Bolters

Tactical/Strategic Considerations: These guys will be placed somewhere to establish a good fire lane, and probaby not move much.

Vindicare Assassin

Tactical/Strategic Considerations: Depending on the deployment and other variables, I'll most likely be infiltrating this guy somewhere I can start plinking units. I believe that in 5th edition, I can also use him to outflank.

I am aware that the inquisitor and the vindicare really tear into my budget, but I really like them.

Troops

Grey Knights Squad
Justicar
x6 Grey Knights

Grey Knights Squad
Justicar
x6 Grey Knights

Tactical/Strategic Considerations: These two squads are going to be loaded into my Land Raiders, and depending on the mission, will either charge right for an objective, or right into a unit's flank.

Heavy Support

Grey Knights Land Raider
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armor
Grey Knights Land Raider Crusader
Smoke Launchers

Tactical/Strategic Considerations: I am aware how much of a target these two monsters are, but that's the point. The LRC is most likely going to be used up close and personal, to take advantage of it's shorter ranged but devastating volume of fire. Luck and proper deployment can result in a fusillade of 612 bolter shots, the assault cannon, or the multimelta. The Land Raider is my long-range anti-armor hammer.

I have no idea who i will be fighting next week, or what the terrain looks like. I am open to suggestions both for the army list composition, and how to better use my units.