PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels up on Advance Order!!!!

energongoodie
03-08-2010, 08:16 AM
They look amazing!!!!!!! Must Have everything!!!!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1490603&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

This is not on the main Advance page

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod550017a

Madness
03-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Cheers!

Faultie
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Woh...I'm not even a big SM fan, and I think these look spectacular.

Might have to pick up some of those winged jump packs for my Seraphim.

Havik110
03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
so where is the BA chapter upgrade pack Ive been hearing about?

Cryl
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
They're lovely. I really like what they've done with the BA, I can see a repaint of some my existing marines coming on pretty soon if that codex is as good as I hope it will be

harrybuttwhisker
03-08-2010, 08:59 AM
just like the with the spacewolf boxes, both the sanguinary guar and the death company boxes build up complete models with loads of bits left over to customise your other models

Madness
03-08-2010, 09:06 AM
UGH, the Sanguinary Guard is MUCH worse that I expected, the abs plate looks silly, the wrist attached guns look like they are going to fall at any moment, the nipple amount is a tad excessive (must be cold wherever they are), the axes are cool but the swords are kinda freaky (one is out of axis with its handle, the other two have huge handguards that look quite silly), the rest of the details are actually good, but those points make me go "yeeech".

Astorath is pretty cool, even if I would never guess he's a chaplain.

Seth is very dynamic and very enjoyable, I wish they gave him more facial scars (not like Lucius but a little bit more than he has now), it kinda looks Luthor-ish as he is now.

Lemartes is very nice, MUCH better than his last incarnation.

The Death Company is stunning, very captivating.

Sanguinor is better than Dante, I foresee many conversions or counts-as for that reason.

The Vanguard Sergeant is nice, nothing too exceptional, but nice.

All in all, there's some great stuff there, some will require retouching and a bit of Green Stuff, but I think they will see a lot of sales.

Rapture
03-08-2010, 09:21 AM
UGH, the Sanguinary Guard is MUCH worse that I expected, the abs plate looks silly, the wrist attached guns look like they are going to fall at any moment, the nipple amount is a tad excessive (must be cold wherever they are), the axes are cool but the swords are kinda freaky (one is out of axis with its handle, the other two have huge handguards that look quite silly), the rest of the details are actually good, but those points make me go "yeeech".

O my ugly.

Those models hit me like a brick. I was debating between picking up a squad of them or a new dread with some extra cash I am going to make. The decision is significantly easier after seeing the close up pic. The ab plates are kind of floating over the marines belts and the "wrist mounted" bolters look very similar to the "I know it isn't good but I still like it" conversions that anyone could make. The model in the lower right corner of the pic is especially ghastly.

Also, the vanguard sergeant have either jowls or a melting face.

At least Lemartes is looking good.

Duke
03-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I like the Sanguinary Guard, but I wish the wings were a little more "dynamic." I don't even think I can bend/extend them much at all... But seriously I love the new models, can't wait to lock myself in my Man-Cave and come out with them fully painted/converted etc. And a huge beard to go with my 'cheesy army,' lol.

Duke

P.S. @ Madness, you know you like the nips on the armor... Don't deny it buddy, just let it happen. :)

Duke
03-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Web site down atm

Madness
03-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Actually I like the solid wings, it goes to show that they are ceramite constructs and not organic.

Duke
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Yea, If you look at the back of them they obviously fly by using the single engine J. Pack and the wings are more for decoration... Still I would like a little more dynamic feel. I really do like the rest of the sprue though, I will use a lot of it for kit bashing the rest of my army.

Duke

Nixter27
03-08-2010, 09:44 AM
So... anyone else think someone at GW just got fired for putting the BAs on the site?

Grubbslinger
03-08-2010, 09:54 AM
When I looked at the models the first thing that I thought was OMG BITZ! I do not plan of doing a BA army but those wings bits, as well as the weapons, would be useful for making some sweet looking models for another army. Add some sparkles to the vanilla SM.

lobster-overlord
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
There goes my next paycheck.... so much for Rent...

(a one-of-everything mentality would run me $203.50 at my FLGS, but do I really need another Baal? F-Yeah!.)

I was hoping the wings were organic in nature. I use reaper angel wings on my characters to show their mutations are natural and not just jump packs...

John M>

fuzzbuket
03-08-2010, 10:21 AM
cool I think the upgrade kit might be the Dc cause you will have SO many left over bitz that you could fiddle with oter charecters

or i might just use Dc for Everything :P

fuzzbuket
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
cool I think the upgrade kit might be the Dc cause you will have SO many left over bitz that you could fiddle with oter charecters

or i might just use Dc for Everything :P

do we get a dread or do we have to buy FW and the crappy metal one :(

lobster-overlord
03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
No new info on a Dread kit yet. I personally couldn't stand a new kit... I've got 12 as it is ready to go :-)

As to the "upgrade kit" that was just rumor that started about the time the spures started showing up, wasn't it? I've always counted enough parts for the sprues to be full kits.

John M>

Havik110
03-08-2010, 10:54 AM
so the picture we saw earlier with the baal was in fact marines converted with bits from the DC (IMO)

Thats a shame, I figured we'd get an upgrade pack like BT and DA...:mad:

Bigred
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Moving to news and rumors

Tooze
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Its very true, that poor Vanguard Sarge has something wrong with his face...

Melissia
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Might have to pick up some of those winged jump packs for my Seraphim.

Yeah, they look pretty nice. Wonder if Ic an get them without the meh models attached (wtf nipples?).

Aenir
03-08-2010, 11:50 AM
for anyone who is having GW site problems, I went to their Site through google and it worked beautifully

rbryce
03-08-2010, 01:35 PM
hmmm, bits for my sisters methinks. i can see me using the wings, infernus pistols, could maybe replace the cup on the banner with my orders symbol, flamer pistols too, heck, i could use a LOT of this stuff

Melissia
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Agreed. Just need to wait until one of the sites releases bitz.

Madness
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Meh, I still like the current Seraphim jump pack better, this one has a huge exhaust, and ho exaust is just plain silly. Maybe for a Canoness or a Palatine...

Melissia
03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Maybe, but the inferno pistols would be nice. As would the hand flamers.

rbryce
03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
thats the plan! i love the seraphims JPs, would love to model exhaust fumes leaving the vents, just need to wait for suspended animation lol

Madness
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Hand flamers, sure, Inferno pistols are a different pattern than the one usually seen in the SoB artwork, but I guess the people who dislikes the too church-looking tech might have use for it (see for instance those who prefer the FW exorcist to the Citadel one)

About the SoB Hero jump pack, a nice hint at classic illustrations would be to have them with 3 pairs of wings (don't ask me how). A throwback to classic christo/judaic mythology.

MarneusCalgar
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh my GOD!!!!

They´re so AWESOME!!!

Next month it´s going to be truthfully my ruin... hehe

energongoodie
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Moving to news and rumors

Sorry about posting in the wrong place. Excitement got the better of me. Saw they were up and just clicked on the first thing I saw. I really love these new models. My first models I ever bought were a blister pack of 3 marines and I painted them up as Blood Angels cause my first White Dwarf, 138, had a battle report with Blood Angels aginst Eldar.
Love it!

Aldramelech
03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Goodbye

RocketRollRebel
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm so effed. :)

Brosef Stalin
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Good stuff! Some really nice models there, nipples aside.

Also, have you guys noticed that most of the other Space Marine stuff (Tacticals, Terminators, Rhinos) have had their Ultramarines pictures replaced with Blood Angels? Looks nice in red, though personally I would prefer White... Scars... 'cause that's what I play. :rolleyes:

MarneusCalgar
03-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Astorath the Grim armor is straight out of FFC's Dracula.

As is Mephiston hehehe

Snyderson
03-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Mean question to all BA enthusiast: How many of each new item are you guys picking up...?! :D

For me it will be something like this:
1-2x New Baal
4-6x New DC (OMG bitz!!!oneeleven111!!!)
1-2x Sanguin Guard
2x Sanguinor
2x Lemartes
2x Astorath
1x Seth
3x Veteran

I do not even dare to calculate the bill ... :rolleyes:

Gir
03-09-2010, 03:56 AM
To start I'll go with this I think:

2x New Baal (Make a burnabaal and a dakkabaal)
1x Sanguin Guard
1x Sanguinor
1x Lemartes
1x Astorath

I'll also finally get myself a Mephiston.

WarSanguinius
03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
i was thinking

2x sanguinary guard
3x death company
sanguinior
astorath
attack bikes?

that will just be the first order of course :D

Shagrath
03-09-2010, 02:23 PM
gonna be so broke..

Akkon Sek
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm such a sad, sheep-like consumer.

I don't even want to play Blood Angels, but am considering the Baal a must-have.

Maybe I'll start a support group.

Duke
03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
This is what I am thinking at this moment:

3x Baal Predators

4 Death Company. BITZ! yay

4 Sanguinary guard: One for actual unit, the rest for bitz!

All the metal Models except for Vanguard vet

2 x Astorath: 1 for Astorath and 1 for "Mephiston," conversion.

Duke

lobster-overlord
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
1x Baal
1x Death Company *to start
1x Sang Guard
1 each metal

1 each other model coming out that is new.

John M.

Duke
03-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Only one of each? is that so you can get a good idea of what you like?

Duke

lobster-overlord
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
no, its cause i already have a 30,000 point apoc scale BA army that I don't want to add too much more to. Although, if I like the DC parts enough, I'll buy more for conversions.

John M.

pgarfunkle
03-10-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm going 1 of pretty much everything for my 1st order then once I have a pay check or 2 I might order some more lol can't wait for April. Driving gf nuts already cos waiting for thurs to place my order in store lol

Havik110
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I already have 50 assault marines painted as flesh tearers and I need 30 more shoulderpads from chapterhouse as their stuff is better and bigger than GW metal pads for some reason so they match up better with the plastic pad.

I also already have 3 baals and 1 DC dread from FW (just a 2 CC ven dread Dread painted as DC)

I am waiting on the new furisio and dc dread that will come out from FW as they always have a new dread pretty soon after (look at SW) and i am picking up a chaplain dread from them. as well as a few sets of cc arms as they are better than the plastics and GW for some reason decided not to include 2 cc weapons on the plastic ven

I have alread preordered 1 DC box, 1 seth, 1 lemartes, and 1 set of 10 FT shoulderpads just to check them out and see if they got any better

I will order another 3 DC boxes i think and at least 1 nipple armor just for the bits...maybe an asorath or 2...