PDA

View Full Version : Age of Sigmar Chaos Query

Mr.Gold
07-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Under the Herald of Tzeentch rules, it states that all Chaos Wizards know the spell summon Herald (cast on 5), and a Herald of Tzeentch is also a Chaos Wizard. If you summon a herald in your Hero phase can that new herald also use its spells - as it is still the hero phase and under the summon herald spell it states that the New Herald just can't move in the following move phase? To me it sounds like you can summon a herald which can then summon another herald, and another etc. (so long as you keep rolling a 5+)? can anyone confirm or deny this?

Houghten
07-05-2015, 06:48 AM
At some point, you either run out of heralds to place, or your opponent quits in disgust.

Mr Mystery
07-05-2015, 06:51 AM
And nobody else will want to play you either :)

Mr.Gold
07-05-2015, 08:36 AM
I wasn't planning on doing this, I just was wondering if it was possible for a summoned unit to cast magic in the same hero phase as it was summoned in?

Spider-pope
07-05-2015, 01:48 PM
I wasn't planning on doing this, I just was wondering if it was possible for a summoned unit to cast magic in the same hero phase as it was summoned in?

As it stands, i can't see anything that would say you couldn't beyond the Most Important Rule and of course, wanting to ever play that opponent again. So you'd have a dice roll's chance.

Clewz
07-07-2015, 12:29 AM
logic and fair play says no but if you were tempted do the dice roll thing with your opponent

Path Walker
07-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Nothing in the rules stopping a Summoned unit using Magic, but yeah, why would you be a prick and do that?

Xaric
07-07-2015, 06:01 AM
I class it as fair and not being a prick you forget this is how tzeentch is there are many army's out there that can do this sort of thing like nagash are you going to deny the fact that he can summon a number of different undead units per turn because its "unfair" that's how the game at the current ruling is played out just play along have fun and if your friend is going to be a dick about it just say "its only a game" :D

The Madman
07-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Under the Herald of Tzeentch rules, it states that all Chaos Wizards know the spell summon Herald (cast on 5), and a Herald of Tzeentch is also a Chaos Wizard. If you summon a herald in your Hero phase can that new herald also use its spells - as it is still the hero phase and under the summon herald spell it states that the New Herald just can't move in the following move phase? To me it sounds like you can summon a herald which can then summon another herald, and another etc. (so long as you keep rolling a 5+)? can anyone confirm or deny this?

As long as the unit has both the Chaos and Wizard keywords in it's profile, they can summon those units.

Mr.Gold
07-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Yes this is possible - see the new AoS FAQ - this allows summoned wizards etc to usse their abilities in the same turn that they arrived.
(Note even more powerful - add a Chaos Familiar nearby for that +1 to cast and Dispel so this becomes 4+...)