PDA

View Full Version : Pros/Cons Two 1850 Adepticon Lists

PedroKantor
03-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey All... Would love to hear peoples input on what lists you like better. I've played list 1 twice now and its 1 won and 1 loss. Was playing around with other models I have and put list 2 together tonight. I kind of like it but think might be a bit fragile. Anyhow, appreciate peoples thoughts/comments

List 1
Pedro Kantor

7 Assault Termies 3xTHSH Landraider Crusader Multi-melta

10x Tactical Powerfist MeltaGun Missile Launcher Rhino

10x Tactical Powerfist MeltaGun Missile Launcher Rhino

10x Sternguard 5x combi meltas drop pod

1x Landspeeder Storm Multi Melta
5x Scouts 4xCCW Power Fist

1x Landspeeder Storm Multi Melta
5x Scouts 4xCCW Power Fist

List 2

Pedro Kantor

7 Assault Termies 3xTHSH Landraider Crusader Multi-melta

10x Tactical Powerfist MeltaGun Missile Launcher Razorback HeavyBolter

10x Tactical Powerfist MeltaGun Missile Launcher Razorback HeavyBolter

6x Sternguard 1x Combi Melta Powerfist Razorback HeavyBolter

6x Sternguard 1x Combi Melta Powerfist Razorback HeavyBolter

1x Predator Twinlinked Lascannon Heavy Bolter Sponsons

1x Predator Twinlinked Lascannon Heavy Bolter Sponsons

I kinda want to hear peoples thoughts bout how they see these being played before I comment on how I plan on playing them.
Thanks All!

karandras
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I think both lists are okay, but neither presents an optimal build for competitive play. I think the first list is far more competitive due to having the mobility of the scouts and the drop pod in order to reach objectives.

The first thing to change is you definitely need to add another SS/TH to the terminator squad in order to benefit from the 3+ invul save. It makes no sense not to, especially with them walking.

Sternguard really need to be deployed via drop pod in order to benefit from their weapons. No point having them sit in a tank and drive across the board when tac marines can do that for less points. I think that's why I feel the first list is better. Good Luck.

PedroKantor
03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
hey thanks for the reply.

I am leaning more towards the first list for sure. I do need to work on placing my drop pod with better support though as the two games i have played with them, my sternguard have all died because of lack of support. I really like the idea of using predators (and i like the look of em) but they are really so fragile. One shot and they could go down. Was thinking instead of preds, taking a couple 5 man dev squads (each with 2 lascannons) and running them in rhinos. Could keep em hull down and just fire the lascannons out the fire slots. if the rhino is destroyed, you at least have a chance of most of the dev squad surviving for another round or two. plus its only ~50pts more... I don't know...
Thanks for reply!