PDA

View Full Version : Imperial armour 8 RG skimmer

fuzzbuket
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Today i was looking through the FW website and was looking at the events page so flicking through the GD09 album for somthing new

AND I FOUND IT!!!:D

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/gamesday/2009/

32nd pic/4th row 2nd

its the RG skimmer with the caption:

"Darren show pictures of the model he wasnt allowed to make"

so could that be the end of that model or is it now the Ba skimmer.

And the plot thickens!

-Fuzz

therealjohnny5
03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
crapzoor....

ColCorbane
03-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Pic 36 is a little bit more interesting. Looks like the concept sketch for a heavier version of pic 32.

DarkLink
03-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Pictures of that thing have been out for a while. And it's almost certainly not the new BA skimmer. That's some sort of IG lander that will be in the next IA book, as I understand it.

And I certainly hope it's not the BA skimmer. It doesn't exactly look intimidating, more like a cargo transport than a lander designed for hot insertions directly into combat.

Melissia
03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't mind it as a simple dropship designed more for fast delivery of infantry than for sticking around giving fire support.

Something like that, covered in Ecclesiarchal symbols with a storm bolter or two on the nose, that'd be what I had in mind for the Sororitas Dropship from my homebrew.

fuzzbuket
03-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Pictures of that thing have been out for a while. And it's almost certainly not the new BA skimmer. That's some sort of IG lander that will be in the next IA book, as I understand it.

And I certainly hope it's not the BA skimmer. It doesn't exactly look intimidating, more like a cargo transport than a lander designed for hot insertions directly into combat.

ah i may have misphrased myself

That model was stated as a RG dropship for IA8 however the intresting bit is the text which says it isnt being made!

so because we (probably) arnt going to see it done by fw could it be that the design has been taken by GW for redesign or is it jut now non-existent:p

person person
03-11-2010, 02:20 AM
I think its just non-existent now that its been scrapped by FW.

Looks like a space marine vehicle but it seems to have no guns?

fuzzbuket
03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
ahh it could look cool with some LR sponsons:D

Duke
03-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Oes anyone know what the storm raven even looks like? I haven't even heard an official description, just people guessing that it is a "small thunderhawk.". I really hope we get some description socwe can at least convert one up to some sort of standard.

duke

fuzzbuket
03-11-2010, 11:47 AM
appereantly it was on the White scars novel cover which dosnt look like this at all?? bu it dosnt look like it could take a dread which this looks like it could:p

Sanguinary Dan
03-26-2010, 06:15 AM
The WS novel cover is a Thunderhawk drawn with an impressive amount of artistic license. If you look very closely you'll see the wing lascannon and the bow twin HB mount. It's appears to be letting down out of the clouds, which is the reason you can't see the main gun or tail.

Besides, the entire painting is :eek: in it's awfulness. :D