PDA

View Full Version : GW Models You Don't Like

Drunkencorgimaster
08-05-2009, 06:37 AM
We all love the hobby or we would not be here. We also love the models. Most of them look great and a lot oif them are downright awesome. On the other hand...in a line this big there are bound to be models or components that just don't work for you. Maybe it is a particular Ork figure, perhaps a Tau weapon, or even a certain peice of Space Marine equipment. What GW model just does not quite look right on to you?

Drunkencorgimaster
08-05-2009, 06:49 AM
I'll get the ball rolling.

1) I like the Leman Russ, but the Battle Canon strikes me as silly. It is sophomorically big. How could a loader even lift a shell designed for that thing? I cut 'em off and scratch-build more reasonably-sized barrels.

2) Space Marine Powerfists look ok on terminators, but on regular marines they look too big and leave the model unbalanced. Battle brothers with Powerfists look like Hermit Crabs with one giant hand. The IG Powerfist is more reasonable, it looks about the same size as Hellboy's similar weapon. I love the Powerfist in combat, but hate the look so much that I don't use them.

That is my two cents.

Aldramelech
08-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Cant be doing with the GW HK missiles, they look like rockets from a Tom and Jerry cartoon! lol

I like the Space Marine vehicle launchers, so use them instead.

The new Lord Commisar model is good, but I hate most of the others, they are way too much.

Rookie1
08-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Space Marines on bikes: Looks like they sitting on toilets with wheels.

Eldar jetbikes: Not as bad as marine bikes, but still very undynamic pose.

For all german guys: Die Eldar Biker sehen aus, als hätten die einen Besenstiel verschluckt. Wer das übersetzen kann, bitte :D

RealGenius
08-05-2009, 07:14 AM
All of the Eldar Phoenix Lord models.

Guardian 1: "The Great Phoenix Lord Fuegan is here to lead us to victory!"
Guardian 2: "Wait, why's he so short?"
Guardian 1: "I dunno, he's old."

I actually don't mind the jetbike myself; if they had a new rider model it would be a ton better-- get that broomstick out.

Powerslave
08-05-2009, 07:20 AM
I really don't like the Obliterators that GW makes. First of all, they are tricky to assemble, secondly, they are very expensive $$$ wise, and third, they do not look as menacing as an Obliterator should. They really need to redesign the Obliterators and rerelease them in Plastic - now that would be awesome.

Another model that is an absolute pain in the rear end is CSM Raptor. It looks pretty good - I will give it that, but the balance that the miniature has is just plain ridiculous - one touch of the table, and your raptors are on their butts right away :) and if you are slightly not careful, then they will be in pieces. The center of gravity of the miniature is horrible. So they also need it in plastic.

And another Chaos unit that is quite ugly and not very assembly / paint friendly - Chaos Dreadnought. Why can't GW just take a Forge World Dreadnought and copy it - I can guarantee that their Chaos Dread sales would go up. And of course, the rules for Chaos Dreads are quite strange - since with the Dreadnought instability it's a given that nobody will want to take them as their elite choice. I mean who wants to have their own army suffer casualties at the hands of a crazed Dread.

Those Chaos units would be my primary concern, but of course, that's because I am a Chaos player mainly.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Cant be doing with the GW HK missiles, they look like rockets from a Tom and Jerry cartoon! lol

Wow. I never really thought of that but you are so right. Somebody ought to paint one red with "ACME" in white on the side.

Gavvin
08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I have never been a fan of the Ion Cannon for the Tau Hammerhead. It doesn't look like it is an intragal part of the tank design. It looks like it was added as an afterthought.

I also don't like the fact that Hormogaunts are so overbalanced that you have to add weights to the bases just to play with them. They look OK, to me though.

Aldramelech
08-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Wow. I never really thought of that but you are so right. Somebody ought to paint one red with "ACME" in white on the side.

Cant you see the Coyote riding on top now? Meep Meep! lol;)

kanisX
08-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I really hate the old Ork models especially the old Wartrakk drivers and gunners. It looks like old D&D pewter models with no face detail. They need to release that skorcha multi wartrakk kit soon.

Madjob
08-05-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm with KanisX on the old Buggy/Wartrakk models. They're only good as spare parts. As for other Ork models, I can't stand the Tankhammer model for the Tankbustas, and something about the SAG Mek is a bit offputting, maybe it's just the head which bothers me, which can easily be replaced.

I don't have much love for the Venerable Dreadnought, although the FW ones look great, and I don't like the new Ironclad either. Wraithguard need some newer, more dynamic models. I love the guys but they're so static! Warp Spiders also have some pretty boring models. I can't stand just about anything from Witch Hunters, particularly the SoB sculpts which tend to suffer from the same problems I just mentioned. Necrons are also generally pretty poor, and not due to a lack of interest on my part - the artwork in the codex is downright chilling, and I wish even the basic Warrior model could live up to that. Wraiths, Flayed Ones, and Immortals are all good sculpts, but they're also all metal. I won't bother with Dark Eldar - just about the only mildly acceptable models in their army are Incubi and Raiders/Ravagers.

Orlock
08-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I really don't like the cut of the new ork models - too gorilla like. I have a stash of old orks and I am wondering what to do with them. I really like the Ork race and some of the vehicles, I always wanted to do a Speedfreak Army.

I really hate Chaos Terminators with massive great horns and tusks as well. That's my rant over..for now.

oni
08-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Everything Dark Eldar! :mad:

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I find alot of them boring and overly-conventional *cough*tyranids*cough* , but I wouldnt say theres any I actually outright "hate".

Except..

for one...

The frackin' Lord of Change. I hate that model so much it makes me want to claw my eyes out, its like you got these awesome abstract Lovecraft nasties in the form of Screamers, horrors and my favourite, the flamers........then you got a big giant chicken, how you can combine the best daemons with the most generic, unoriginal and cliche pile of winged chicken poop like that is beyond me. They really should of made a giant horror with lots of ever-changing faces all over it instead, would of looked way cooler...

p.s. dont take my rants too seriously, I dont take myself seriously.

blueshift
08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
lets see...

DE Wyches
Harlequins
old ork models (agree on all counts with KanisX)
basic IG cadian troops (i think the big hands and feet look pretty corny)
old necron models lol
DE warriors
old ogryns

I have to disagree with Drunkencorgimaster, no matter how cool he is for starting this thread. I have always liked the massive, bulky look of the powerfist. I respect the camp that thinks it makes marines look unbalanced, however they are wearing power armor... these guys are pretty darn strong. Its also a very fitting weapon for the space marine mentality.

Asymmetrical Xeno: lol you are so right!

Drunkencorgimaster
08-05-2009, 11:43 AM
lets see...

I have to disagree with Drunkencorgimaster, no matter how cool he is for starting this thread.

Anyone who says I am cool can disagree with me all they want. I respect your opinion on the Powerfist, a lot of people dig them.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I find alot of them boring and overly-conventional *cough*tyranids*cough* , but I wouldnt say theres any I actually outright "hate".

Except..

for one...

The frackin' Lord of Change. I hate that model so much it makes me want to claw my eyes out, its like you got these awesome abstract Lovecraft nasties in the form of Screamers, horrors and my favourite, the flamers........then you got a big giant chicken, how you can combine the best daemons with the most generic, unoriginal and cliche pile of winged chicken poop like that is beyond me. They really should of made a giant horror with lots of ever-changing faces all over it instead, would of looked way cooler...

Ha! I laughed out loud when I read this. It would almost be worth converting a little Colonel Sanders Inquistitor to take one on with.

Rookie1
08-05-2009, 11:52 AM

You just mentioned it. The greater demons are half-fantasy/half-40k mischmasch, which just don't fit.

The juggernaut of Khorne is one of these things, too. Just weird, when a demon rides a steam-driven "horse" (or whatever a juggernaut may be), while tanks and jetbikes drive around them. :rolleyes:

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-05-2009, 12:06 PM
old necron models lol

hehe interesting there, I like thed the oldschool immortals, warriors and the Lord still looks cool today IMO, I thought they were pretty cool, but the scarabs and especially the destroyer were awful, I can however toally see where your coming from even if I like a few of those models :D. Allthough its probably down to a case of nostalgia on my part as they were some of the first models I ever bought hehe

You just mentioned it. The greater demons are half-fantasy/half-40k mischmasch, which just don't fit.

The juggernaut of Khorne is one of these things, too. Just weird, when a demon rides a steam-driven "horse" (or whatever a juggernaut may be), while tanks and jetbikes drive around them. :rolleyes:

I dunno, its not really the fantasy/40k thing, more just a combo of imagery that doesnt work (at least for me).

The daemonettes make me laugh though, they dress the same way as Goth chicks I know :p

person person
08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Ironclad Dread, the fists and chainsaw it comes with is way to big, Tom and Jerry hk missiles oversized feet etc.

Vulkan He'stan too many weird bitz on him e.g. firey salamander head. flamer hand loooks bad etc.

AdamHarry
08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I dislike the Khorne Bezerker Models. 1/2 look like they are spazzing out, the other 1/2 look like they are dancing a jig or something. Also, i know the bunny ears are suppose to make it look like they are Khornate...but they just look like bunny ears.

Orlock
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
lets see...

old ogryns

I have an original ogryn bonehead with ripper gun from the late 80's/early 90's. It's almost if he's stepped out of the film 'Commando'....hmmm. Still one of the coolest early 40k miniatures GW produced.

Duke
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
The moment I saw this thread I knew I had to reply, cause I hate this model:

LEMARTES!!!

He should have his name changed from "...Guardian of the lost," to "Guardian of models who should be lost,"

-That is all-

-DUKE of Cornwall; Son ofArchduke Henry III, of Somerest; Son of Edward, Prince of Wales

Old_Paladin
08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
I have to agree with the Battlecannon barrel being too huge. The technical stats for it, is that its 120mm; the scale is so off its not funny.
Had no one seen a modern MBT, those are 120mm. Heck, look up some WWII tanks, like the Sherman or Panzer IV with up-gunned 105mm and 150mm howitzers, those still look small compaired to the Battlecannon.

I love Orks, but there's one Slugga Boys, with a notch in the back of the blade; I don't know why, but I just loath it. I cut them off put a rokkit in his hand and make hin into a tank-busta, just so I don't have to look at it.

Lord Anubis
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Marneus Calgar in terminator armor just looks like a solid block. Not in a good way.

And Chaplain Cassius bothers me. Not sure why. Just don't like the model.

Kahoolin
08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Heh, I really like that model. I think it looks way cooler than the other Deamons, it's just so freaky looking. I can see your point though. Lovecraftian would be cool.

The Bloodthirster, now THAT's a model I hate. He's just kind of standing there with his whip and his goat legs like some wierd Balrog clone, plus his face looks like an everyday domestic dog with a He-Man kind of helmet thing on. I just expect him to start wobbling around like one of those claymation monsters from a Sinbad movie.

I really like the sororitas armour and everything, but they all look like Freddie Mercury. They should leave their helmets on...

ChaosLord127
08-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Mmmk...

Chaos Dreadnaught- Cartoony looking, especially in comparison to the rest of the army
Raptors- crappy balance, need to be plastic
Biovores- look like a lizard/gorilla with a giant nutsack
Wartrak- Cartoony (should redo it like the ones from DoW)
The dark eldar range- needs a redo... the whole thing... even if they don't redo the codex, redesign the models at least, they are way out of proportion and mostly metal. They should definately make them look more like that dark eldar from pg174 in the core rulebook.
Shadowsun's non-helmet head- oh my god she is friggin ugly
Repentia- HAHAHAHA... *sniff* Half-naked ladies with giant chainsaws?

the_puritan
08-05-2009, 05:38 PM
there is an older model Librarian in regular power armour who looks like they may have added an extra chromosome to his geneseed, if you know what i mean...
...serously, the face on that guy makes him look like an intoxicated monkey who just fell face-first down 3 flights of stairs.

DuskRaider
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd have to second the Chaos Dreadnought. That model SUCKS... I actually wasted the money on one of these when I first started, that was 8 years ago. I still regret that purchase.

But the absolute worst I've seen is the metal Possessed models. Holy crap... Those things are just pure fail. Seriously, whoever designed those should be brought out back behind the GW Design Studios and put out of our misery.

Nemesis338
08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm Going to throw my two cents down as the Tyranid Gargoyle Wings. Not only are they horrible to put together, but they do not look right when you compare them to the rest of the Tyranid line. Rather than looking like a Socket like every other limb, it just appears out of a blob that doesn't even fit the rest of the body. Though i will admit it is a drastic improvement over the previous Gargoyle. It still doesnt look right with the rest of the line.

And i agree the Biovore looks a bit odd, but i will take that odd face over the stupid Gargoyle.

MoeDakka
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Eldar Troops...What is up with those hats/helmets whatever they are. The look like someone took a smurf hat and stretched it out.

Madjob
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Adding to this thread again, not so much a dislike as lamenting a replacement.

I still love the old Space Hulk and onward Genestealers. Their rending claws really looked downright deadly with their extra length, huge talons, and thick chitin armor, I liked their torso design more than what we've got now as well, and the rear arms were still dynamic with posed fingers, whereas the new ones tend towards glued together fingers. Sure they were all in the same two poses, but anyone with a lick of talent with GS could reposition arms and legs however they wanted to mix it up.

I regret selling mine with my old Tyranid army years ago (I was a dumb kid in need of cash), as I'm considering a new Tyranid army and it just wouldn't be the same without those models.

Trinity
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
For me its the entire Dark Eldar line barring Lilith and the Drahzur the Incubi Master <sp.

T.

MasterM
08-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Absolutley hate the Ork models with the top knot/squig hair (or whatever it is)- always cut them off.
Also agree with a few posts about the Blood Thirster, GW can't seem to sculpt wings in metal very well. I converted the Balrog over for my Daemon army.

Actually like a few of the LOTR models for conversion, but sometimes the exaggerated scale of the fantasy/40K line makes it difficult.

Although this is on the fantasy side, I don't like any of the Dragon models (although the new ork on a Wyvern looks good)

Grarg
08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
The Killa Kan model. The molds are horrible and the 2 body pieces don't fit without a whole lot of dremelling, the legs are horrible, and at least to me they cost too much for the work required to put them together....

Might as well put the Deff Dread in there as well....

crazyredpraetorian
08-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, the Killa Kans and Ork Dread are horrible. Some of the metal BFG ships are just as bad.

I hate the Vanquisher, not because it is a bad model, because it is an overpriced point sink.

Inquisitor McSagington
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Chaos Possesed marines.
They have always looked like suck and why? How difficult is it to get the idea of a man and daemon melding power armour down?
Also on chaos-I do like the Lord of Change and Bloodthirster (Last edition was my favourite) and even the Great Unclean one-but the Keeper of Secrets is the Unsexiest thing made by human hands.
Anyone 'intoxicated by desire' looking at the bull headed thingy (or whatever the hell the new ones meant to be) needs to go to spec savers.
FW have it right.

person person
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Chaos Possesed marines.
They have always looked like suck and why? How difficult is it to get the idea of a man and daemon melding power armour down?
Also on chaos-I do like the Lord of Change and Bloodthirster (Last edition was my favourite) and even the Great Unclean one-but the Keeper of Secrets is the Unsexiest thing made by human hands.
Anyone 'intoxicated by desire' looking at the bull headed thingy (or whatever the hell the new ones meant to be) needs to go to spec savers.
FW have it right.

Same here, although I don't like the bloodthirster.

Chaos
08-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I agree with the idea for plastic raptors 100% and also I think that the obliterators really need to get some more pose options and easier assembly as well as the chaos dreadnought...

And for the eldar "my first army" how about making it so that you cant see the gaurdians *** crack...

Lucky Moniker
08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
GARGOYLES
they are just horrendous, a ***** to build and the never stay up due to being made off balance, so they break again, and who came up with the brilliant idea to make the wings for the socket for the stand? they never meet properly so the stand either has way too much room and they fall off or its too tight so you can't even get the stand in and when you try you break the damn thing again....

Grimgore
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
hate, and i mean hate the metal Chaos Dread... if any model needed an update that would be my number one pick.

CrimsonFist1149
08-07-2009, 03:53 PM
i hate how rhinos cannot realistically hold 10 marines. they would have to be at least twice their size to fit 10 marines

Madjob
08-07-2009, 03:58 PM
the Keeper of Secrets is the Unsexiest thing made by human hands.
FW have it right.

The goat has long been a symbol of fertility. Besides, I think it's more speaking to the mind-influencing powers of Chaos that something like that could still hypnotize someone. That said the sculpt itself is rather poor, but I'd still prefer it over FW's, which is frankly just an upscaled daemonette and not very interesting at all.

ChaosLord127
08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Chaos Possesed marines.

I like the current possesed marines... not as bad as that set of 5 they released with the fall of medusa V campaign. Daemon mowhawks!

I think DoW rocked them, just like the wartrak.

Valkerie
08-07-2009, 06:33 PM
In one of Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghost novels, he stated that the battle cannon on a Leman Russ is 110 Centimeters, in other words, over three feet wide. I also feel sorry for the tank commander, he's either sitting on the breech, or right behind it. Either way, it's going to be very uncomfortable when it fires.

Aldramelech
08-08-2009, 12:33 AM
In one of Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghost novels, he stated that the battle cannon on a Leman Russ is 110 Centimeters, in other words, over three feet wide. I also feel sorry for the tank commander, he's either sitting on the breech, or right behind it. Either way, it's going to be very uncomfortable when it fires.

I think hes got his cm and mm mixed up there, dont you?;)

imperialsavant
08-08-2009, 04:36 AM
We all love the hobby or we would not be here. We also love the models. Most of them look great and a lot oif them are downright awesome. On the other hand...in a line this big there are bound to be models or components that just don't work for you. Maybe it is a particular Ork figure, perhaps a Tau weapon, or even a certain peice of Space Marine equipment. What GW model just does not quite look right on to you?

:mad:As a sister of Battle player I really hate the Sisters Repentas & especially the Lash Mistress who looks like she should control house of ill repute.
The Repentas are over fed, underclothed & look like they belong in a Slannish Army.
To me a repenta should look like the John Blanch drawing in Citadel Journal No.61 ( I think that was the No.??)

Barry H.

Bung
08-08-2009, 05:31 AM
The Modell of Cortez, Captain of the Crimson Fists.

most face sculpts, they are looking like they had their balls primed with honey, sitting on an ant hill

and most female sculpts, face it, most GW sculpters cant make a real proportional female sculpt.

Morgrim
08-08-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm odd, I'm a DE player who doesn't mind most of the models.

The exceptions are the grotesques (tall people in togas), haemoculli (actually not so bad if you only have one, but horrible if you want multiples that don't look like twins) and talos (just not to taste).

The major exception is the warp beasts. As I've said quite a few times before, they look like giant newts that lost a game of strip poker against a haemoculli.

I'm not too fond of the krootox sculpt either. It's a gorilla with a beak.

mortal888
08-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the beasts of nurgle yet. These things are so terrible it probably took the sculptor only an hour or two to do. They're also horribly expensive and you can't pose them at all so all of those blobs of nonsense are supposed to look exactly the same. Just terrible.

Mustakrakish
08-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Space Marine Scouts - they have monkey faces ^^

Chaos Spawns - just ugly...

ChaosLord127
08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the beasts of nurgle yet. These things are so terrible it probably took the sculptor only an hour or two to do. They're also horribly expensive and you can't pose them at all so all of those blobs of nonsense are supposed to look exactly the same. Just terrible.

Well, they wouldn't be so hard to do with modelling clay. Just build some from scratch :) A friend of mine did, and they look better than the GW version. Just make a slug/snail type thing and add some boils and pox marks.

Farsight
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
I personally can't stand the Nurgle greater demon, the Khorne one don't mind.

Skeletay
08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I bet I'm one of the only people who think this, but ALL PLASTIC MODELS.

Psychosplodge
08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
The new dreadnaughts,
The new imperial guard tanks- all of them just don't look as menacing anymore,
new cadians
new commisars
new stealth suits
new librarians

I could go on...

person person
08-10-2009, 02:44 PM
I bet I'm one of the only people who think this, but ALL PLASTIC MODELS.

Is it because everyone ends up having oversized hands and faces and marines and vehicles are to small?

Kahoolin
08-10-2009, 07:12 PM
The new dreadnaughts,
The new imperial guard tanks- all of them just don't look as menacing anymore,
new cadians
new commisars
new stealth suits
new librarians

I could go on...So... you hate new stuff? ;)

Chaos
08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I think there could be more model options for the chaos spawns also

Psychosplodge
08-20-2009, 01:58 PM
So... you hate new stuff? ;)

It's starting to look that way lol!

the one
08-21-2009, 02:47 AM
I like quite alot of the models but I hate:

Catachan Infantry
massive arms. Nuff said.

Cryl
08-21-2009, 06:02 AM
As a few people have already said the bloodthirster model is just horrible, to be honest they could do with updating all the greater daemon models, even the GUO isn't great and that's the best of a bad bunch.

Someone else already said this too but vehicle scale is nonsense, they're just not proportional to the infantry models with the possible exception of the landraider... but the rhino, any Eldar vehicle and the Tau ones are brutally out.

Oh yeah, and space marine scouts... seriously bad models, the poses are just 'wrong' they're not even trying to look like people, more like mutant monkeys with communicators and knives...

Skragger
08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Killa Kanz.. I love and abuse them to death, but the models are dreadful, haven't been updated since late 2nd ed or early 3rd ed, so they're still solid pewter. And poorly moulded pewter at that so you haven't to spend a lot to time filing it down to make it fit.. somewhat.. and it only comes with one of its 4 weapons choices (a skortcha)... GW needs plastic killa kanz and deff dreadz :(

Rangerrob
08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Kinda surprised I didn't see this one yet.

Eldar Wraithguard.

1) They are not plastic
2) 3 poses are just about identical.
3) Did I mention they are not plastic?

I'd like to see them with a little more range. These are Eldar, not Necrons...they are an artistic race, these walking dead should not all look identical. Give them some range, not all wraithguard chassis need look alike.
Take some of the old Epic Eldar Knights and bump them up to the right size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/rmarden/Project%20Log/100_4597.jpg

I'd put the new ones on a termie base too. They are supposed to be larger, and only fit 5 in a wave serpent.

Skragger
08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, the Killa Kans and Ork Dread are horrible. Some of the metal BFG ships are just as bad.

I hate the Vanquisher, not because it is a bad model, because it is an overpriced point sink.

Agreed on the BFG stuff... and some of the ships, being all pewter dont even stand correctly, I had to custom build a base for a bunch of my ships just so they wouldn't tip over.

What GW should do is rework all their flying bases to be similar to the Valks, that base is way more stable!

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I really hate the chaos daemons beast of nurgle models I just can't even look at them any more they're so terribly done.

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Killa Kanz.. I love and abuse them to death, but the models are dreadful, haven't been updated since late 2nd ed or early 3rd ed, so they're still solid pewter. And poorly moulded pewter at that so you haven't to spend a lot to time filing it down to make it fit.. somewhat.. and it only comes with one of its 4 weapons choices (a skortcha)... GW needs plastic killa kanz and deff dreadz :(

I like the killa kanz and my killa kan came with both a scorcha and a rokkit launcha, but I do agree with you that GW does need to make them plastic but theirs also plenty of models they need to make plastic so I wouldn't expect them to make these plastic any time soon.

Alex Knight
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
The Dark Eldar range.
The Avatar of Khaine. For being the living embodiment of a god, he's kinda' small.
The new Stealth Suits. The old ones were better.
The Vespid.
Ragnar Cheesemane. The rumors of his resculpt better be more of a resculpt than the DA ones were... I want more than a metal back-banner.
And while this is 40K, I have to throw this one is as well: Dragon Ogres. They are the ugliest models in the entire GW lineup to date. Probably because they are also the oldest...

oni
08-26-2009, 02:56 PM
I hate everything Dark Eldar and IG Ratlings. I don't think GW will ever be able to do Ratlings right. :(

lauran
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
-The female witchhunter hairstyle
-space marine scout faces
-catachan body builder arms
-I think the cadian models are to plain and simple for the best imperial guard regiment in the entire galaxy
just wih the backpacks from the forgeworld sprue they already look much better

Exitus Acta Probat
08-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Imperium= Arco Flagellent from WH dex....just FUGGGLY

Chaos= spawn. it really wasn't thought out well, and sucks in play too.

Space Wolf Scouts (first metal sculpts)= stupid outta scale

Champlain Lemartes= Wort character model EVER....did you see those purity seals streaming straight out from him! and suffering the same (I think sculptor too) scaling issues as the aforementioned scouts.

just newer models...dipping back into 2nd edition stuff's just too easy, like fish in a barrel!

:)

eldargal
08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Nazdreg, the model should be renamed 'Ghazghkull Junior'.

All DE except Lelith.

Eldar guardians (and wraithguard as someone has already mentioned)

Valkerie
08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I think hes got his cm and mm mixed up there, dont you?;)

Actually, I think he was just looking at the model and extrapolating from there.
FYI, the largest real world artillery piece I know of was the 800 mm railway gun the Germans used in WW II. It took about a week to set up and could only fire about 8 rounds a day. To be sure, when they hit, they were devastating, but hardly useful in mobile warfare.

Gotthammer
08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Champlain Lemartes= Wort character model EVER....did you see those purity seals streaming straight out from him! and suffering the same (I think sculptor too) scaling issues as the aforementioned scouts.

If I'm remembering right ol' starfish head was Mike McVey's first official sculpt, and when GW higher ups wouldn't let him have another go he left and joined Privateer Press as their miniatures director / head sculptor. Works freelance now. Seems the change did him good.

PedroKantor
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
surprised no one said this yet... as far as SM extra bitz go...
nunchucks...
are you kidding me?

person person
08-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Nunchucks?!?!

mono
08-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Ha! I laughed out loud when I read this. It would almost be worth converting a little Colonel Sanders Inquistitor to take one on with.

Oh good lord...DCM, now you've gone and done it...and I've got this handlebar-mustached head that's been sitting around doing nothing for I've-no-idea-how-long...I'ma haveta do this. A daemonhunter inquisitor with a power sword...and the sword's gonna get replaced by a power-cane.

I'll start work this week on it. XD

Mmmk...

Chaos Dreadnaught- Cartoony looking, especially in comparison to the rest of the army
Raptors- crappy balance, need to be plastic
Biovores- look like a lizard/gorilla with a giant nutsack
Wartrak- Cartoony (should redo it like the ones from DoW)
The dark eldar range- needs a redo... the whole thing... even if they don't redo the codex, redesign the models at least, they are way out of proportion and mostly metal. They should definately make them look more like that dark eldar from pg174 in the core rulebook.
Shadowsun's non-helmet head- oh my god she is friggin ugly
Repentia- HAHAHAHA... *sniff* Half-naked ladies with giant chainsaws?

I think you hit most of them, ChaosLord; I don't know what it is, though, but I do like the shadowsun bare head...

Yeah...Repentias...straight out of the terrible sexploitation-slasher B-movies.

And another notch for the Lemartes=bad sculpt crowd...

Drunkencorgimaster
08-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh good lord...DCM, now you've gone and done it...and I've got this handlebar-mustached head that's been sitting around doing nothing for I've-no-idea-how-long...I'ma haveta do this. A daemonhunter inquisitor with a power sword...and the sword's gonna get replaced by a power-cane.

I'll start work this week on it. XD

Yes! Be sure to post a pic!

archimbald
08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I hate everything Dark Eldar and IG Ratlings. I don't think GW will ever be able to do Ratlings right. :(

agree with dark eldar but think that the new ratlings look cool and far better than the old ones.

hate the avatar of kaine simply cos it keeps breaking drill bits, refuses to accept 14 types of glue to hold the flipping sword arm up.

like cadian models bar demolisher, it looks like an anime tank

mono
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
nunchucks...
are you kidding me?

I thought they were nunchucks, then I looked closer...they've got this weird little worried jink running up one side of each stick...I think they're supposed to be rolled scrolls or parchment pieces.

But yeah, they do look like nunchucks...

person person
08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Never thought they were nunchucks.

entendre_entendre
08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
nunchucks...
are you kidding me?

haven't you heard? ever since the space marines started watching Bruce Lee movies, they want to be just like him! then maybe one day they too can take down hordes of enemies all by themselves :p

MaidenManiac
08-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Short and simple: Everything sculpted by Gary Morley:mad:

fade_74
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM
I never really liked the tau battlesuits....

PedroKantor
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
I thought they were nunchucks, then I looked closer...they've got this weird little worried jink running up one side of each stick...I think they're supposed to be rolled scrolls or parchment pieces.

But yeah, they do look like nunchucks...

All this time... that does make much more sense... woops!!!!
Eric

Aldramelech
08-31-2009, 09:42 AM
haven't you heard? ever since the space marines started watching Bruce Lee movies, they want to be just like him! then maybe one day they too can take down hordes of enemies all by themselves :p

Will they be badly dubbed?:rolleyes:

entendre_entendre
08-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Will they be badly dubbed?:rolleyes:

well that depends on whether the chapter speaks imperial gothic... :D

brominated
08-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Im most certainly not a big fan of the football pad Cadians. They really could use a few new poses (easily achieved by adding a few of the dudes from the heavy weapons kit), and generally look less like NFL players. Long live the Steel Legion guardsmen. Even though they're metal and have limited poses... I love greatcoated Guard.

ChrisW
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
the new zoenthropes(sp?) they look odd. a squiggile with a carapace head?

the humanoid one with the big brain heads make more sence to how the beast is written. ( i don't own a 'nid force but bought a couple of the old ones when i saw they were replaced, might get bugs one day.)

the squid head for the Keeper of Secrets

the metal possessed were probably the biggest pooper that was released by far though. (box with the big horn dude)

havent yet seen the new plastic possessed in hand (just made my own), but the pics look far better.

Valkerie
09-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll get the ball rolling.

1) I like the Leman Russ, but the Battle Canon strikes me as silly. It is sophomorically big. How could a loader even lift a shell designed for that thing? I cut 'em off and scratch-build more reasonably-sized barrels.

:)2) Space Marine Powerfists look ok on terminators, but on regular marines they look too big and leave the model unbalanced. Battle brothers with Powerfists look like Hermit Crabs with one giant hand. The IG Powerfist is more reasonable, it looks about the same size as Hellboy's similar weapon. I love the Powerfist in combat, but hate the look so much that I don't use them.

That is my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I've always felt that the reason the powerfist is so large is because it is no longer really a power weapon. Sure, it's still got batteries and blinky lights and all, but in reality it's just a three hundred pound chunk of metal. The pure weight and mass of the powerfist is what causes all the damage, (just try surviving a 300 lb club to the head,) and is also what slows the powerfist down.

Melissia
09-29-2009, 08:20 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat30047&prodId=prod1110153

"Witch Hunter Henchmen Dialogus"

It makes me shudder just looking at it. Ugliest model GW has ever produced, I could probably carve something better than that.

fade_74
09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
It reminds me of harry potter for some reason lol

trjames
09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
The standard stormtroopers look like donkey butts.

I'm still debating on whether to use Kasrkin or the old Beret Stormtroopers in my Deamonhunters army, but I'm not using the current official GW stormtroopers.