PDA

View Full Version : The Fyootcha?

Mr Mystery
07-28-2015, 12:15 PM
How do?

Thought I'd start a new thread, to avoid losing the discussion and clogging up the GW Annual Results thread.

In short, I want to talk about the future, and the future of GW in particular.

To kick off with, some factual food for thought to frame the discussion.

1. Kevin Rountree, CEO of GW has now spoken of 'a review of our product range', and later explains this doesn't mean price drops, but he is looking for a better range of price points.

2. Age of Sigmar, whatever you think of the game itself, is quite a bold new direction for GW. Free core rules, free unit rules, and a serious push to launch it, including Trade Shows etc.

Now, both of these are still very early days. The product review isn't really explained in any depth, and it's entirely possible that nothing will change, depending on their findings and what they choose to do.

In short? Let the speculation begin.

And I would ask a favour on this one.....please clearly state if you have additional, factual sources, and name them accordingly.

Oh, and FFS be civil to one another!

Alaric
07-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Oh, and FFS be civil to one another!

lol you know better than that.

1. This one confused me a bit as I already thought they had most points covered. Cant see them producing a "lesser grade" of mehreen just to make ends meet. My guess would be a few battle boxes ala the newest nid release that snuck under the radar. I doubt it will mean cheaper anything sadly, which Idont care aboot personally but I know others do..rather vocally :P

2. No way 40k is getting down to a 4 pager. Can't see it....but yknow..its gdub...As for AoS it looks fun and mebbe one day Ill try it.

Mr Mystery
07-28-2015, 01:17 PM
AoS is at least partially grand experiment to my eyes. GW have been the corner store of Nerdwars for so long, the market has branched out, and this is their take on things.

Not convinced 40k would go the same way, as it's seemingly still a strong seller, indeed the best selling of its type, and by a decent margin.

I also should add that plastic HH is coming, in one form or another, which is something long anticipated and hoped for finally happening. Ditto Mechanicum as an army really.

Alaric
07-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Agree on all fronts, im sure if I disagreed it would be more entertaining ;)

Id add that it seems like GW comes up with a "plan" every couple of years and I feel like I see where the "plan" is going...shortly before it derails onto somethin else. Hopefully this year is the year where it all comes together.

Mr Mystery
07-28-2015, 03:01 PM
This time around, it all feels very different!

Wolfshade
07-28-2015, 03:08 PM
If they are a models company than free rules would certainly help.

A better range of price points would be good I think after all at the moment some models seem a little pricey compared with what else you could get for the same price.

Don't forget back-in-the-day they used to launch free rules for new models in White Dwarf.

It is interesting and certainly might help people get over the initial, "it costs how much?!!"