PDA

View Full Version : Chapter house studios site is down

cthulhuchewtoy
07-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Anybody else notice that Chapterhouse studios' site is down? couldn't access in today at all. Its been mentioned on their Facebook page, but no one from the company has been on there since april.

Mr Mystery
08-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Seems the server is unreachable.

Was up earlier in the week - I was laughing at their Jetlambretta.

Erik Setzer
08-01-2015, 09:35 AM
My bet is they're trying to save money on their hosting service and it's biting them in the butt. They should get a better one.

Unless the host is under attack, which is possible. Because, you know, hackers get bored.

Mr Mystery
08-01-2015, 10:50 AM
When was their last release?

Wolfshade
08-04-2015, 08:22 AM
My bet is they're trying to save money on their hosting service and it's biting them in the butt. They should get a better one.

Unless the host is under attack, which is possible. Because, you know, hackers get bored.

Anonymous' latest victim found... ;)

Caitsidhe
08-04-2015, 09:41 AM
My view is they are probably closing down. Chapterhouse's health is directly tied to Games Workshop. He is a Pilot Fish, a creature who cleans larger predators. The value of his after market goods (for use with GW games) is only high when Games Workshop itself is doing well. You could say, I suppose, that Games Workshop has defeated Chapterhouse finally. It would be true, but not because of anything they managed by force of will or effort. Their own declining sales dealt the blow. :D

Mr Mystery
08-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Or.....people finally figured out their sculpts are gash?

Erik Setzer
08-04-2015, 10:31 AM
And yet, they're still around. So the over-the-top "Ha, Games Workshop is dying so hard they're taking down other companies!" and the similar "anyone non-GW SUCKS" are both unnecessary comments.

It was a nameserver issue. That's what throws that kind of error. It's likely not a coincidence that their WHOIS record was updated right after this was posted. (If I still had a DomainTools account, or chose to pay for one again, I could actually check the domain's history.) So it's either a problem with the nameserver, or they forgot to renew in time (not sure on that one, as it likely would have been snatched up by someone). Simple to check. Easy as pie.

FFS, it's like people have a hard-on for being vicious, nasty buggers quick to insult whatever they dislike as being The Literal Worst Thing EVER.

Path Walker
08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
FFS, it's like people have a hard-on for being vicious, nasty buggers quick to insult whatever they dislike as being The Literal Worst Thing EVER.

Irony, thy name is Erik.

Mr Mystery
08-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Dude....take a look at their tat.

It's pretty terrible.

Path Walker
08-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Dude....take a look at their tat.

It's pretty terrible.

I don't know what you could possibly mean...

Mr Mystery
08-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Might as well stick a shopping basket on the front.