View Full Version : Incoming: Spearhead

Thor
03-15-2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=9500028a

This is getting old fast...
But hey, new plastics! :D

MC Tic Tac
03-15-2010, 07:33 AM
At last a chance to feild my 20+ IG tanks outside of Apoc MUWAHAHAHAHAA!

Lord Azaghul
03-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Wow, they really want you to buy more tanks dont they!
At 50$+ USD a shot...I'm good thanks!

MC Tic Tac
03-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Fortuantly most of my Russes are from 3rd edtion or from the Apoc company box

Now its what £30 a pop now? or 10 for £150 when they did the Apoc box.

rbryce
03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
yay another expansion! wonder if the inquisition/grey knights/sisters of battle will be in this one? cant see it though as we dont really have heavy armour. not to worry though, i take the silence to mean good things, despite JJ's last standard bearer

Rapture
03-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Hmm. Sounds mildly exciting. Can't see anything to complain about, it will be (kind of) free. I am all for the game expanding as much as possible and allowing people to use all of the shiny models.

I only have 3 Tau tanks and 3 Marine tanks though. If this expansion looks like it is worth anything I could see myself picking up some more hammerheads.

Melissia
03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
So basically it's an excuse to cannibalize whirlwind kits, forgeworld kits, and etc in order to make 15 exorcists (seeing as I have no other army that's tank/mech based-- my IG and Ork armies are infantry-based at the moment).

I hope beyond hopes they at least give me something else to play with.

Lord Azaghul
03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh sure I'll try it. But most of my mech seems geared toward anti infantry! However if I can load the board with HW lascannon, Autocannon, and Missle Launcher teams, I'll check it out.

Melissia
03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Having only a single true tank in your army makes spearhead kinda pointless unless they release something new for my army, which is a rather unamusingly slim proposition.

The West Coast Knight
03-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I think it will be cool as hell
Me and the boys already play tank battle games when we just want to play a fast a fun game but now to have official rules and new models awesome.
Now lets think about what the new kits might be

Medusa?
Hydra?
Looted Wagon?
Plastic Thunder hawk?

Jervis said anything we could imagine

pgarfunkle
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Seeing as it's mostly free I'm all for it. Any excuse to feed my plastic habit lol. Now if only I had the time to paint everything :(

Aldramelech
03-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Goodbye

Melissia
03-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Its comming thick and fast this year....
I bet you love it when it comes thick and fast.

And now I feel dirty, but it was so obvious it had to be said.

Aldramelech
03-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Goodbye

The other guy
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Thats what she said

Back on topic -

What about us Nid players? Maybe we get rules for nidzilla?

Melissia
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
That's what comes to mind as a spearhead type army for Tyranids, so I imagine so!

Havik110
03-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Anyone else notice...

As if a whole new Expansion wasn't exciting enough, it's going to be accompanied by a range of new miniatures including some stunning new plastic kits

also if you got the email, there is a mini thunderhawk looking deal flying around....

http://gwutil.com/newpictures/products/INC_Spearhead_550x350.jpg

hmmm...I'm buying 6 :) too bad they wont be ready for 'ard boyz

Bigred
03-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Captain Ventris (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4484561&postcount=25) says to look for:

- recut leman russ with remaining russ options
- recut predator with updated sponsons
- ork warbuggy/wartrack/skorcha kit (makes one model)
- eldar fire prism (plastic kit)

~We haven't seen one of these White Dwarf supplements in a long time, since the days of the fancy 40k and Fantasy global campaigns. This one seems like an armored-vehicle focussed variant of the Planetstrike style gameplay additions. Based on how the Blood Angels White Dwarf codex was recieved, it seems an interesting decision as opposed to just releasing this as a standalone book. There will be a plastic 40k miniatures release slot to go along with this in June, so we'll see what comes of this.

Also, that mysterious flying vehicle in the Land Raider pic has been there since at least 2003, so don't get to excited about it.

Melissia
03-15-2010, 10:14 AM
If that's all, that makes it hard to play a Sisters army in this supplement unless I just make up rules about how they use leman russ tanks / predators / land raiders.

MC Tic Tac
03-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Anyone else notice...

As if a whole new Expansion wasn't exciting enough, it's going to be accompanied by a range of new miniatures including some stunning new plastic kits

also if you got the email, there is a mini thunderhawk looking deal flying around....

http://gwutil.com/newpictures/products/INC_Spearhead_550x350.jpg

hmmm...I'm buying 6 :) too bad they wont be ready for 'ard boyz

Before you go OMG Thnderhawk/BA Flyer that picture is the Art for the Orginal box set of this current version of the Land Raiderbefore they decided to have the minis of the box cover.

Grubbslinger
03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I am hoping that they re-release or update a Emperors Fist Tank Company. So much easier to buy all your tanks in one kit rather then one at a time. But something tells me that they won't be doing that...but I can hope!

Duke Rich
03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Hopefully can get myself a few more Monolith's, that's sure to annoy pretty much everyone now.

Havik110
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Before you go OMG Thnderhawk/BA Flyer that picture is the Art for the Orginal box set of this current version of the Land Raiderbefore they decided to have the minis of the box cover.
way to piss on my parade :(

it says new plastic kits and as they currently have a few kits with no models (wolves on bigger wolves, 2 bugs, raven, and new furisio and DC dreads) I can hope they would release models for units that need them before they update more guard tanks...

MC Tic Tac
03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
way to piss on my parade :(

it says new plastic kits and as they currently have a few kits with no models (wolves on bigger wolves, 2 bugs, raven, and new furisio and DC dreads) I can hope they would release models for units that need them before they update more guard tanks...

Sorry dude but you know how rampant speculation can run around places like here.

MarneusCalgar
03-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Excuse me...

When they say there will be a Space Marines´ Predator upgrade sprue... What is it referring to?

I thought the Predator had not any expansion like the Land Raider Terminus Ultra one...

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Unless you count 7 Immolators as tanks or my 3 Excorsists which they are not, i dont see me using this in anyway for my armies.
I think this supplement is a leftover from something else, just a crazy idea that didnt bother get expanding.
Maybe because not every army would be able to field tanks in such numbers.

And im guessing that there new kits will just be SM, IG, Ork, Elder and maybe Nidz somehow.

hiddenyeti
03-20-2010, 06:42 AM
This is my first post on bols so bare with me but i just got told by my local games workshop that the new kits for spearhead are:

leman russ with the other three turret options
ordnance tank kit ( maybe a medusa/griffon ):D
eldar fire prism/night spinner
new eldar jet bikes
plastic warp spiders
ork truck bits

the new eldar jet bikes are the 3ups that have been floating around the net for some time.

Subject Keyword
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
The only way I could be happy about this would be if I got a Monolith that costs 16 points, didn't take up a slot, had a ten-inch Particle Whip, and lascannons instead of flux-projectors that could take a free shot anytime someone in the room said "Bolter Fire."

It would also have to be packaged with oatmeal cream pies, cocaine, and a vibrator.

And a pony...

L192837465
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
The only way I could be happy about this would be if I got a Monolith that costs 16 points, didn't take up a slot, had a ten-inch Particle Whip, and lascannons instead of flux-projectors that could take a free shot anytime someone in the room said "Bolter Fire."

It would also have to be packaged with oatmeal cream pies, cocaine, and a vibrator.

And a pony...

How YOU doin?

darklament
03-25-2010, 09:35 AM
More Orky goodness is what I am hoping for.

-Jefferson

Lord Azaghul
03-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Well this the offical announcement of the DS/manticore, release I once again find myself back to annoyed with GW prices. If they want 50$+ for every IG tank they can forget it. :mad: That's just too much money!

I was hoping that they would release an upgrade kit fo 15$ requiring you to still buy a chimera.
Blah, I kind of wanted one...now I don't.

Duke
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM
This is my first post on bols so bare with me but i just got told by my local games workshop that the new kits for spearhead are:

leman russ with the other three turret options
ordnance tank kit ( maybe a medusa/griffon ):D
eldar fire prism/night spinner
new eldar jet bikes
plastic warp spiders
ork truck bits

the new eldar jet bikes are the 3ups that have been floating around the net for some time.

Plastic warp spiders AND the new jetbikes? ! Wow my eldar might have to come out of the closet

Subject Keyword
03-25-2010, 10:53 AM
How YOU doin?

How am I doing what?

MarshalAdamar
03-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I wonder what kinds of new Ork truck buts they could put out?? Maybe some kind of Rokit Launcha for it?

startalker
03-29-2010, 12:07 AM
IG players would sure be as happy as hell...

joescalise
03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
sounds like fun!!

one of the armies I play is Orks and I love there tanks.

Bloodboy
03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Any idea if new army sets will be coming out?

Asymmetrical Xeno
03-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I dont play Eldar but it would be sure nice to see them get attention, they certainly need new jetbikes, and I must admit id probably buy plastic warp spiders just to paint - as they are one of the few eldar units that appeal to me.

eldargal
03-30-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm really hoping they include some female torsos in the warp spider sprues, as there is some fluff and possibly a picture of one, from memory.

I dont play Eldar but it would be sure nice to see them get attention, they certainly need new jetbikes, and I must admit id probably buy plastic warp spiders just to paint - as they are one of the few eldar units that appeal to me.

Javin
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Where is the announcement of the new vehicle kits? Anywhere on the GW site(s)?

Subject Keyword
03-30-2010, 04:17 PM
A price reduction on most IG tanks would make their sales skyrocket.
Sometimes I think GW prices are based less on making good profit and more on punishing geeks.:rolleyes:

IG are wonderful as mechanized armies. If it were more affordable, I would play one.

Gnoblar with Pointy Stick
03-30-2010, 05:20 PM
New tanks!? Never a bad thing. I like tanks.

And muffins. I like muffins.

eldargal
03-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Eldar Nightspinner confirmed, a shop owner has a preview of a WD cover with 'rules for the Eldar Nightspinner' written on the cover.

lobster-overlord
03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Plastic warp spiders AND the new jetbikes? ! Wow my eldar might have to come out of the closet

Hate to tell you this Duke, but the Eldar came out of the closet years ago.....

Besides, when will you find time to do Eldar with the BA coming out of the wazoo here shortly?

I'm good on tanks, I'm just balking at the idea of a $9.00 WD two months in a row. I hated buying the Blood Angel issue at that price.

John M>

Colonel Pryde
03-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Just another way to milk us of our money.

eldargal
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
'cos a hobby which conssits purely of purchasing, painting and playing with toy soldiers never used to be a money sink.:rolleyes:

Just another way to milk us of our money.

Commissar Lewis
04-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Well there are more expensive hobbies - compulsive gambling, "professional" wine snobbry, gun collecting, meth... Lotta expensive hobbies...

Melissia
04-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Don't even get started on gun collecting... the gun I really want to get is going to be three grand minimum because the manufacturer stopped making the sexy beast of a gun that is the Colt Anaconda for some godforsaken reason. Yeah, I won't be able to get it for quite a few years.

Lord Azaghul
04-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Hate to tell you this Duke, but the Eldar came out of the closet years ago.....

Besides, when will you find time to do Eldar with the BA coming out of the wazoo here shortly?

I'm good on tanks, I'm just balking at the idea of a $9.00 WD two months in a row. I hated buying the Blood Angel issue at that price.

John M>

My flgs puts 'em on clearance after a couple of months: .50$ for old issues.

WD is not worth 9$, but a nice half year stack for 3$ - oh yeah!

Commissar Lewis
04-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Don't even get started on gun collecting... the gun I really want to get is going to be three grand minimum because the manufacturer stopped making the sexy beast of a gun that is the Colt Anaconda for some godforsaken reason. Yeah, I won't be able to get it for quite a few years.

... You have my respect, Melissia. Wish I had some cash for some weaponry. Particularly an S&W 500....

therealjohnny5
04-10-2010, 06:38 AM

found three online for $1200 or less...

DarkLink
04-10-2010, 02:22 PM
... You have my respect, Melissia. Wish I had some cash for some weaponry. Particularly an S&W 500....

XD-M .40, as soon as I turn 21, which isn't long.

Unfortunately, California doesn't believe in the 2nd amendment:(. And us college students are poor.

Melissia
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
found three online for $1200 or less...
As in, three good quality Colt Anacondas that have been well-maintained, with 8" barrels?

I do not want the 4" or 6" barrel varieties. The longer barrel reduces recoil (the extra weight of the barrel really does help with magnums), and just makes it look better. The former is an utter necessity for me using the weapon. The latter is a requirement for me wanting to buy it.

Sparda
04-14-2010, 01:57 AM
I hope hiddenyeti is right, eldar being one of the more played armies need some loving to.

Dvastator
05-01-2010, 07:45 PM

And here I was thinking that you were a Barrett .50BMG Girl. :( I would love a Barrett! I dont need another pistol, but when I do it will be a .454 Casull! We do need more tanks for the Sisters though!

borginator
05-08-2010, 04:33 PM
If you guys haven't seen the post from Scryer over in Warseer, he also hinted at plastic storm troopers too.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88746&d=1273307412

Eyespy
05-08-2010, 05:04 PM
If you guys haven't seen the post from Scryer over in Warseer, he also hinted at plastic storm troopers too.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88746&d=1273307412

This one is certainly not as magnetizable as the Demolisher kit, or not as easily magnatizable, with integrated turret pivots in the barrels.