PDA

View Full Version : My UKGT 1500pt List!

The Mystic
08-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey all!

Well I've been playtesting this list for awhile now and it has proved quite successful but I would like some opinions before I finalize it.

Also, I would much appreciate it if anyone here would tell me of any armies, lists or tactics that they think could prove very affective against it.

Here's the list!

HQ

Vulkan He'stan ( Counts as )- 190

ELITES

5 TH/SS Terminators- 200
Dedicated transport: LRR, MM, EA- 265

TROOPS

10 Tactical SM, MM, Meltagun, PF, Combi-flamer- 210
Dedicated transport: Rhino- 35
10 Tactical SM, MM, Meltagun, PF, Combi-flamer- 210
Dedicated transport: Rhino- 35

FAST ATTACK

Attack bike, MM- 50
Attack bike, MM- 50

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator, Siege shield- 125
Vindicator, Siege shield- 125

TOTAL= 1495
KP's= 11
Scoring units= 2/4

Thanks in advance guys!;)

mkerr
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Also, I would much appreciate it if anyone here would tell me of any armies, lists or tactics that they think could prove very affective against it.

I'm a big fan of Vulkan (I use him in my SM/SoB army from time to time); he's a lot nastier than people think.

In your army, you don't really seem to be getting a lot of use out of him. You've got 3 mobile Multi-meltas and 2 Meltaguns. And you've only got 2 flamers (and they are one-shot combi-weapons).

I've never tried the Reedemer in a 1500pt game; you might get more utility out of a LRC. Even at 2000pts, they are completely hit or miss.

You are going to struggle against Imperial Guard, which are going to be very common.

Have you tried other special characters? You might get more value out of Pedro Kantor (Stubborn and +1 attacks for your Terminators), Lysander or Cato Sicarius. They would help you stick on the table better (especially against those nasy Battle Psyker Squads)

-- MKerr

The Mystic
08-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey MKerr!

Well I tend to focus on the melta more than flamers as the 2 vindicators and the 2 flamestorm cannons will wound almost anything on a 2+ with AP3 or better.

Vulkan for the most part guarantees my meltas will always take something out and the Terminators with there mastercrafted hammers finish off anything it has come into contact with ( especially after a hoseing from the LRR and Vulkans HF :D ).

The combi-flamers are there just as a little pre-assualt insurance although I have been toying around with the idea of switching it to a combi-melta and replacing the meltaguns with flamers in the squad.

What do you think?

Old_Paladin
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
It would probably mean tinkering with the points, but for the fast attack why not change out the bikes for speeders with MM and maybe heavy flamers?
Maybe change out those rhinos for razorbacks for the extra firepower.
Maybe reverse the combi/special layout (squad flamers, and Sgt. combi-meltas).

[thats a lot of maybe's] I really don't see much that needs to be played around with.

I like a pred with auto-cannon + 2 lascannons (but I also have a 1/35th scale Tiger sitting around waiting for me to convert). Similar cost to the vindi, and has the same survivability, but is static. It has better range so might get more/earlier use; however if the vindi does get a shot off it can do more damage against most targets. Maybe one of each?

In the end, what matters is that you enjoy the army you play. I'd rather play my own army and lose, then someone elses army just to win.

mkerr
08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
The Mystic,

Your list seems to work well for you (which makes it an awesome list) so my comments are mostly for the sake of conversation

Well I tend to focus on the melta more than flamers as the 2 vindicators and the 2 flamestorm cannons will wound almost anything on a 2+ with AP3 or better.

Aventine is the local expert on flamestorm cannons, but my observation is that they either work great or don't do anything. That's fine for friendly games, but I'd want something a bit more reliable for tournaments. They do, however, look awesome.

Vulkan for the most part guarantees my meltas will always take something out and the Terminators with there mastercrafted hammers finish off anything it has come into contact with ( especially after a hoseing from the LRR and Vulkans HF :D ).

Personally, I'd rather have Pedro's +1 attack than Mastercrafted. It works on Lightning Claws too (giving your TH/SS Terminators some much needed cover).

I am very glad to see that you are playtesting the list. That's the best way to get something that works for you!

-- MKerr

Chumbalaya
08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I greatly prefer a LRC to a LRR. The Redeemer will only be firing one of its uber templates and if it gets disabled (a good possible considering it is your only one) it's useless. A LRC puts out more firepower at range and ends up being a very versatile support unit once its cargo is left out.

One thing that will give your army trouble is armies with lots of medium armor, particularly Xenos like Eldar and Tau (also Chimera heavy Guard). You would be capable of handling a similar army with fewer, harder vehicles, but lots of light armor will see you overcommitting to destroy a single AV11 or 12 vehicle and being overwhelmed with numbers.

Predator Destructors (or TLAC Dreads) are tailor made to help here. Lots of medium S shots is just what you need. Drop a Vindicator, powerfists and siege shields (Tacs sit back and score, Siege Shields are completely unnecessary) for a pair of Predator Destructors. They should help considering against light armor and threaten enemies at a range your list doesn't really have. If possible, bump up to a LRC.

Otherwise it seems fairly solid. Good luck to you.