Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon w/ built in Stormbolter
Drop Pod

Brother Miltiades
Seismic Hammer w/ built in Meltagun
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon w/ built in Heavy Flamer
2 Hunter Killer Missiles

Terminator Squad Hermocrates
3 TH/SS 2 LC
Landrader Crusader "Ares" (Dedicated Transport)
Multi-Melta
Heavy Support

Predator Destructor "Perses"
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Vindicator "Iapetus"
Siege Shield

Devastator Squad Tirian
2 Missile Launchers
Lascannon Razorback

Fast Attack

Landspeeder w/ Heavy Bolter
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Landspeeder w/ Heavy Bolter
Typhoon Missile Launcher

2500 points

So I wanted to have a pretty rounded list. It's got quite a few missile launchers so I can have plenty of versatility.
constructive advice is welcome, as well as any glaring weaknesses I might have missed.

Tynskel
03-18-2010, 11:01 PM
At 2500, I highly recommend getting Power Weapon/Powerfist in every squad. I would also give the Ironclad a Drop Pod- its weapons are shorter ranged than the regular dreadnought.

codiddy
03-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I'd consider it but where do you think I should I pull the points from? Also the ironclad is more for support. the regular dread is just a fire magnet

Tynskel
03-19-2010, 12:01 PM
See, the Ironclad will be the Firemagnet-- such a good kill if you kill it before it can even hurt anything. The thing is meant to be in CC and the best way to do that is a drop pod. I'd say swap the drop pod off the dread to the ironclad.

How many scouts do you have? I would shrink that squad for powerfists.

How many Devastators do you have? If you don't have too many, just ditch the squad, get the PF and maybe upgrade the Predator to Lascannon Sponsons.

codiddy
03-19-2010, 12:33 PM
See, the Ironclad will be the Firemagnet-- such a good kill if you kill it before it can even hurt anything. The thing is meant to be in CC and the best way to do that is a drop pod. I'd say swap the drop pod off the dread to the ironclad.

I play against IG a lot and normally drop the MM dread right in front of my opponents russes. Often he takes one out and he always see's damn near the entirety of my opponents shooting coming at him the following turn. By ensuring the regular dread is more of a threat it keeps the ironclad taking too much fire on the first turn. I'm reluctant to drop pod the ironclad instead because he won't be able to assault after dropping. I can always pop smoke on the ironclad to shield him a little also.

How many scouts do you have? I would shrink that squad for powerfists.

the squad is already just 4 + telion. I like them because they can wound higher toughness stuff and telion is invaluable for pulling the powerfist/klaw out of other squads. In my experience most people overlook the 3+ coversave scouts sitting in the back

How many Devastators do you have? If you don't have too many, just ditch the squad, get the PF and maybe upgrade the Predator to Lascannon Sponsons.

I have a full 10 but I'm only using 5 in this list. really its just a way to get a few more bodies and a lascannon razorback out there.

Tynskel
03-19-2010, 01:27 PM
The 5 devastators will probably work. You can still have the Razorback with just 5.

I see the tactic you are using for the Dread.

codiddy
04-13-2010, 05:14 PM
So I finally had a chance to play this list over the weekend and it worked great. It was up against my buddies IG/DH army. (He brought mostly IG, he had a grandmaster and 3 squads of 5 PAGK) We rolled the dice and got an annihilation mission with pitched battle deployment. He deployed and went first (I couldn't seize the initiative, even with the extra roll) but wasn't able to do much damage, other than annihilating my scout squad with one of his 2 banewolfs (i think that's what its called, it was the ap3, wounds on a 2, variant) All the missile launchers really help with taking out chimera chassis vehicles, and he never even had a chance to shoot at the ironclad, since he had my Multi-melta dread in his face with a vindicator right behind.

Tynskel
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
sweet--- is this practice for 'Ard Boyz- or are you just playing big games?

codiddy
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
mostly practice for 'ard boyz. Although my group does like to play larger point games.