PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Battle for Armageddon

Herald of Nurgle
03-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Today I had my first experience fighting Blood Angels, and it was horrifying... but that isn't really the point of this post. What the point is would happen to be the revelation I experienced WHILE battling them.

That of Armageddon.

I started Space Wolves as a joke army when they were updated in October, and i've not really had a reason to use them. Likewise it is very likely that when Blood Angels come out, a lot of people are going to do what I did/am planning on doing and jump ship to the new definition of Game Breaking. This is why i'm starting this project - a full campaign set for Armageddon, allowing players to use their old and new miniatures to fight any of the three wars.

I plan on having five separate 'minidexes' for the setting, which will slowly be updated and uploaded to Scribd (a PDF hosting site). The minidexes will be available for download, and my intention is that with the help of you lot we could possibly get a 'living rulebook' set up for general use.

The following minidexes are out/will be available:
- Book 1, The First War of Armageddon Mission Book
- Book 2, The Second and Third War of Armageddon Mission Book
- Book 3, Forces of the Space Marines (http://www.scribd.com/doc/28684092)
- Book 4, Forces of the Imperium (IG, Inquisition, etc)
- Book 5, The Adversaries (Chaos, Orks)

In addition to these minidexes, I intend on updating my LatD and Chaos Legions books to make them compatible with the Battle for Armageddon.

So... comments on the work so far, lol?

Faultie
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
If I recall correctly, in the back of the Armageddon book (or maybe it was the 13th Black Crusade book) it lists the order of battle, and I recall there being an Adeptus Arbites force of some 20 Precincts (plus Penal Legions). If it was the Armageddon book, then you definitely need to include them in the "Forces of the Imperium" book.

Herald of Nurgle
03-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Certainly shall, my good sir! Plus it would finally give me a reason to do my mass adaption of the guard codex for my sick, twisted, needs.

Herald of Nurgle
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Updated the 'dex. I've found more fluff sources, so now i'm beginning to think of more chapters and such to include. I must note that some of the themes overlap and could technically be used together - building Mech Wolves combines well with Iron Hands/Salamanders for example.

My current list is:
- Salamanders (Circle of Fire)
- Space Wolves (13th Company and Egil Iron Wolf's Company)
- Blood Angels (Army of Death and a Flesh Tearers list)
- Black Templars (Crusader Fleet, Generic Crusaders, and Grimaldus' Stand)
- Exorcists (Generic Exorcists)
- Iron Hands (De Cult De'Mechani)
- Raven Guard (Shrike's Guard, The Tower Revealed)
- Grey Knights (Allied only. Logan's Gambit, Strike Force)

My aim is to have 4 or so new units per list or per chapter. Any ideas from anyone, lol?