PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Friendly BA Demo List

Herald of Nurgle
03-20-2010, 04:55 PM
I had a look at the Blood Angel book this afternoon and now i'm really tempted to do a list. With the knowledge that Astorath the Grim - that vampire angel with the big axe - allows you to do six squads (that's ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY maximum) of Death Company, I really really wanted to do a full Death Company list.

This list uses 3 HQs, but it's only because it's a first thought. It's essentially a Flesh Tearer list gone crazy.

Gabriel Seth - 160
Death Company Tycho - 175
Astorath the Grim - 220

Chaplain - 100
Chaplain - 100
Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack - 75
Sanguinary Priest - 50
Sanguinary Priest - 50

8 Death Company in Rhino. 1 with Power Weapon - 225
8 Death Company in Rhino. 1 with Power Weapon - 225
5 Death Company with Jump Packs - 210

All the guys with Jump Packs are in one squad, while the Rhinos are filled with the Footsloggers. It's a fun combat list at heart with Seth's Strength 8 Rending hits and all, but it's just so that I have a chance to get as many Death Company as possible! I'll actually be using Sanguinary Guard as my death company as although Dante allows them to be taken En Masse, they cost 200pts for just five FREAKING guys and you can't have any more than 5 per squad! Even with 6 troops it's just suicidal to take them as actual guard.

My actual Death Company parts will be used essentially as a Flesh Tearer Upgrade Sprue a la Space Wolves :)

Thoughts?

Mobious
03-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Well . . . isn't this list super illegal? 3 HQ slots and 5 Elite slots? Not to mention that none of your troops can actually score so you literally cannot win games.

Other than that (which is vital) you have no ranged anti-tank. Meaning you have to rely on killing transports in the assault phase. Meaning whatever pops out get to move, shoot, and assault you . . . meaning mech lists get to play with their food. Plus the fact that you have no way of slowing down/killing a fast army.

Herald of Nurgle
03-21-2010, 04:52 AM
- Chaplains are obviously elites. Likewise Sanguinary Priests are 1-3 per choice.
- The 3 HQs are simply because i'm intending on using this as a part of a big *** Armageddon list eventually.
- None of them have to score. Contesting things ftw!

It's a fun list if anything. It's meant to be silly.

pgarfunkle
03-21-2010, 06:18 AM
It looks crazy lol. Let us know how it plays if and when you get the chance. I would suggest adding some plasma or melta-guns or pistols to let you blow up any transports your enemy's troops will be hiding in. Who cares about contesting lol from the looks of this list I'd say you're aiming to wipe the enemy out to a man/sister/xenos

gcsmith
03-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Can u give the sang priests diff wargear. Dnt they go around as one squad.

Herald of Nurgle
03-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Can u give the sang priests diff wargear. Dnt they go around as one squad.
No, they're not one squad. Yes you can give different gear.

Sanguinary Priests are Independent Characters who go around and give any squad with a model within 6" the Feel No Pain special rule.