PDA

View Full Version : lizardmen 2250 double engine vs triple engine

Heimagiblin
03-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Hello, I'm making a tournement lizardmen army and can't descide between there 2 lists.

Slann,bsb, 2 diciplins, cupped hands of the old ones=395
16 temple guard, champion, banner bearer, war banner
skink priest, plauge of tepok, dispel scroll=430
skink priest, lv 2, dispel scroll, eotg=415
skink priest, lv 2, eotg=390
10 blowpipe skinks#
10 blowpipe skinks
10 blowpipe skinks
4 terradons=90

or

Slann,bsb, 2 diciplins, cupped hands of the old ones=395
16 temple guard, champion, banner bearer, war banner
skink priest, plauge of tepok, dispel scroll=430
skink priest, lv 2, dispel scroll, eotg=415
10 blowpipe skinks#
10 blowpipe skinks
10 blowpipe skinks
10 blowpipe skinks
3 terradons
salamander, extra crew=80
salamander, extra crew=80
4 terradons=120
3 terradons=90

So I guess my question is which would you find harder to play against.

Jwolf
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
2 units of terradons is harder than 1. 3 EotG would be really great for elf killing, but not so hard against tougher enemies.

I think that #2 is overall a harder list to play against, though Razordons are tougher than Salamanders, generally speaking.

Lord Azaghul
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Not going to a compt tourniment are we?

2nd one looks like the better player.

Remember EotG isn't an 'I win' button.

Heimagiblin
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Yea I know.

The plan is to use the skinks infront of the eotg so when an enemy gets close I run one skink up the outside of the unit and there rest between them and the eotg. Now if the enemy unit charges them they will have to charge the closest model first meaning a full 90 degree pivvot and a juicy flank charge from the eotg next turn.

Thanks for the responses

jamesTFL
04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
i strongly disagree with Jwolf about razordons. becuase of the necessity of rolling to hit and that fact that any misfires on a stand and shoot mean no shots are taken.

between the two, the second one is better lets you protect those big points sinks better. Both lists will get yoru comp crushed and happen to be very vulnerable to alot of other lists

Joker's Wild
04-02-2010, 11:22 AM
i strongly disagree with Jwolf about razordons. becuase of the necessity of rolling to hit and that fact that any misfires on a stand and shoot mean no shots are taken.

between the two, the second one is better lets you protect those big points sinks better. Both lists will get yoru comp crushed and happen to be very vulnerable to alot of other lists

I second that.

Salamanders = Scary
Razordons = Fluffy

pinkskink
04-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I loves my Lizzies and as a fellow Slann, I would shun your list for comp. Why? A slann and two EotGs. Two EotGs is one thing but when you add a Slann to the mix its heavily magic OP. Even using more than one Terradon unit is Hardcore, and 4 Skirmishers ouch!

Lets try to make this list as good without the negative comp.

The Slann and the TG are a good size without too much problems. Also give the Slann the War Drums. They help alot

Lets take one EotG. They are too good not to take.

For another priest I love to take the Kamikaze priest-Cloak of Featers and Rod of the Storm

For another Stegadon, lets go Chief w/Warspear

For Core-
Lets limit to two skirmishers

and a block of Saurus with FC

To finish the list we'll take a single unit of Terradons and two units of Salamanders/Razordons-
The Razordons or Sallys are a matter of personal taste. I personally prefer Sallys. -3 Armor with no Regen. and no roll to hit and cause panic on a single wound? Sign me up!

So the final list looks like this:

Slann (Gen, BSB)-425
Two Disciplines
Cupped Hands
War Drums

16 Temple Guard-302
musician, Standard Bearer
WarBanner

Skink Priest-430
Lvl. 2, EotG
Plaque of Tepok
Dispel Scroll