PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points for tourney!

mjayc50
03-22-2010, 04:47 AM
HQ: Rune Priest -
Chooser of the Slain
Wolf Tail Talisman
Saga of the Beast slayer
Powers - Jaws of the World Wolf; Living Lightning

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack
7 Grey Hunters
1 x Mark of the Wulfen
1 x Wolf Standard
1x Meltagun
1x Power Weapon
Rhino

8 Grey Hunters
1 x Mark of the Wulfen
1 x Wolf Standard
1x Meltagun
1x Power Weapon -
Rhino

5 Grey Hunters
1 x Mark of the Wulfen
1 x Meltagun
Razorback with twin linked lascannon

Elite: Wolf Guard Pack
3 Wolf Guards splitting into each GH squad
3 x Power fist -
3 x combi melta
Heavy Support: Long Fangs Pack)
5 long fangs and squad leader
3 x missile launchers
2 x lascannons

Heavy Support: Long Fangs Pack)
5 long fangs and squad leader
3 x missile launchers
2 x lascannons –

Fast Attack: Thunderwolf Cavalry
5 Thunderwolf cavalry
1 x storm shield and melta bombs
1 x storm shield
1 x melta bombs
1 x Thunderhammer
1 x normal

Total Roster Cost: 1499

Low on troops but the list has worked well so far. TWC are alot of points but they can weather an awful lot of shots and still get there to eat what they charge. they are very fast and deadly and take alot of tank fire to stop them.

Long fangs are awesome. split fire for transports/big tanks or 5 las for oblits. 6 frag rockets for the right circumstances

GH all tooled up - they tip the balance vs other marines with the amount of attacks that ignore armour. each has meltgun for top hatch

Rune priest for living lightening for transports, jotww for nice long lines or low I models (big nids and tau) hunter saga to get a more likely wounding for the force weapon or vs n0b bikes and plague marines)

razorback squad are to babysit the long fangs and hold home objectives

The list has shone so far but this is the first tourney it is going to. i will lwt you know how it goes!

joescalise
03-22-2010, 06:46 AM
I like this list, it looks like it would hit hard and fast. The only thing I would change would be to get rid of the Lascannons and just use missle launchers. that would give you another 60 points. 60 points is alot for 1 strength. plus you have the two types of missles for either tanks or troops.

I love Grey Hunters with the Mark of the Wulfen.

mjayc50
03-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Yea I love kitting them all out to the max - that many power weapon like attacks can work well :D

I know what your saying with the missiles and i would love another 60 points to spend! unfortunately the las is in there to kill big tanks like raiders or vindi's (who can instakill my poor twc) but mainly because i need ranged S8 ap2 guns for oblits. Im thinking this list will be up high so i should face at least 1 csm do it yourself net list (after all oblits are great). i cant reliably do this any other way so i had to pay for the lassies - i used to run 3 razorbacks but i thought that i wasnt using the GH to full effect. these guys are awesome. if i did drop points then i would probably get a rune priest to lead both rhino squads

mjayc50
03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Anybody else? c'mon bols boys!