PDA

View Full Version : My Adepticon army lists

PedroKantor
03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
as always, appreciate comments and or suggestions (but with less than a week to go, probably not going to be changing much)

Combat Patrol (400pts)

Troops: Scout Squad #1
4 Scout Squad Bolt Pistol x4; Combat Blade x4
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Power Fist

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Storm #1
1 Land Speeder Storm Multi-Melta

Troops: Scout Squad #2
4 Scout Squad Bolt Pistol x4; Combat Blade x4
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Storm #2
1 Land Speeder Storm Heavy Flamer

Troops: Scout Squad #3
4 Scout Squad Bolt Pistol x4; Sniper Rifle x3; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Sniper Rifle

Thoughts are... Squad 1 are my disposable, in your face first turn hopefully taking out a vehicle or 2 with Powerfist/Melta combo (with scout move). Squad #3, hide in cover, lay down suppressive fire, hustle if necessary to last minute objective grab/contest. Squad #2 is reactionary with flamer and Powersword, staying in the back for last minute objective grab/contest.

Championship 1850 List

HQ: Chapter Master Pedro Kantor Iron Halo; Power Armour; Dorn's Arrow; Power Fist

Elite: Terminator Assault Squad
6 Terminator Assault Squad Lightning Claws (pair) x3; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3;
1 Sergeant Lightning Claws (pair) x1

1 Land Raider Crusader
Multi-Melta; Hurricane Bolter x2; Twin Linked Assault Cannon

Elite: Sternguard Veteran Squad
5 Sternguard Veteran Squad Bolter x5
1 Sergeant Bolter; Power Fist
1 Razorback Twin Linked Heavy Bolter

Elite: Sternguard Veteran Squad
5 Sternguard Veteran Squad Bolter x5
1 Sergeant Combi-Meltagun; Power Fist
1 Razorback Twin Linked Heavy Bolter

Troops: Tactical Squad
9 Tactical Squad Bolter x7; Meltagun; Lascannon
1 Rhino Storm Bolter

Troops: Tactical Squad
9 Tactical Squad Bolt Bolter x7; Meltagun; Lascannon
1 Rhino Storm Bolter

Heavy Support: Predator
1 Predator Twin Linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Heavy Support: Predator
1 Predator Twin Linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Thoughts are... Pedro and Termies are in your face, with Sternguard/Razorback there to provide support. Both tactical squads stay back in rhinos firing lascannon shots and provide cover for predators (which also just sit back and fire preferably hull down). towards the end of the game, tactical squads move towards objectives. If the mission is annihilation, everyone stays together and makes the enemy come to me!

Tynskel
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmmm...

Some suggestions.

You have plenty of Marines that claim: 2 Sternguard, 2 Tactical Combat Squad, 2 Tactical Hv Weapons squads.

You could do away with one tactical squad...

HQ 175
Pedro Kantor

TROOPS 350
250 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Flamer, Combi-Flamer, Plasma Cannon
Dedicated Transport: Razorback
100 Scout Squad
5 Scouts, 4 Snipers, 5 Bolt Pistols, Hv Bolter, Camocloaks

ELITES 985
525 Terminator Assault Squad
6 Terminators, 3 Lightning Claws, 3 SSs and THs
Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Crusader, Multi-Melta, Extra Armor, Storm Bolter
230 Sternguard Squad
6 Sterngaurd, Powerfist, 3 Combi-Meltas (one on Sgt)
230 Sternguard Squad
6 Sternguard, Powerfist, 3 Combi-Meltas (one on Sgt)

Hv SUPPORT 340
120 Predator Destructor
Tank, Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons
120 Predator Destructor
Tank, Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons
100 Thunderfire Cannon
Cannon, Techmarine

This list will give you a better balance of firepower.

The Scout Squad will benefit greatly from the Bolstered Defenses with the Thunderfire Cannon (same with the Thunderfire Cannon!)

The Combat Squad with 2 Flamers will do well at gribbly hunting- backup from everything else.

6 Meltas, plus the 2 Destructors, Plus the Machine-Spirit Multi-Melta should make quick work of armor.

There's a Plasma Cannon in there for the unfortunate event of enemy Terminators!

The Army now covers each other quite nicely.

Pedro has the option of a different Chariot than the Land Raider. You can put him in the Combat Squad Razorback- in some ways will be more effective. The Fire Magnets are the Sternguard and Terminators. By switching the attention away from them to the Tactical Squad, you are forcing your opponent to have to split fire even more!

PedroKantor
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Pedro has the option of a different Chariot than the Land Raider. You can put him in the Combat Squad Razorback- in some ways will be more effective. The Fire Magnets are the Sternguard and Terminators. By switching the attention away from them to the Tactical Squad, you are forcing your opponent to have to split fire even more!

Thanks so much for the suggestions... Unfortunately I don't own a Thunderfire Cannon (yet!!!!). But i do like your idea about perhaps putting Pedro with a tactical squad... then for sure letting my opponent know that... so they will be forced to split fire even more. I am hoping to get one more game in this week, so will try and apply some of your suggestion.
Also do you really think that changing the predator load out (to LC sponsons and autocannon) are really worth it? I know it depends on its roll, which for me will most likely be hunting Vehicles and MC.. so yea your probably right there...
Thanks!

Jwolf
03-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I do not think changing the predators is worth it. I do think several Meltas and/or combi-meltas in the Sternguard is worth combining them into one Squad for.

PedroKantor
03-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I do not think changing the predators is worth it. I do think several Meltas and/or combi-meltas in the Sternguard is worth combining them into one Squad for.

I do have the combi-melta sternguard built already... was trying to work them in. might try a bit harder, maybe losing a terminator...

Tynskel
03-22-2010, 03:23 PM

hmmmm....

Predator Annihilator with Hv Bolter Sponsons= 130
Predator Destructor with Lascannon Sponsons=120
Predator Destructor with Hv Bolter Sponsons=85
Predator Annihilator with Lascannon Sponsons=165

Personally, I don't like split fire tanks. I either make 'em all killy tanks/big bugs, or all Infantry. Also, my favorite is the Lascannon Sponsons Annihilator- but that's really expensive.

If you do not have the Thunderfire Cannon, and will not be able to get one- I suggest getting a Destructor with Hv Bolters. Or upgrading the Razorbacks to Assault Cannon/Twin-Plasma and Lascannon Razorbacks- those are wicked.

Use the extra 15 points on combi-meltas?