PDA

View Full Version : 40k Homebrew Compendium Idea: Any Interest?

Venomlust
09-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Evening, fellow BoLSers. I have an idea I've been kicking around and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

One of my favorite aspects of the hobby and, I feel, most underappreciated or underutilized is homebrewing.

I plan to create a simple website that serves as a compendium for homebrew units/rules for 40k. The idea is to accept submissions from players and host them on my site. From there, visitors/members will be able to rate the units and leave comments to facilitate discussions on how to fix or modify the unit.

People will be able to download dataslates of these homebrew units so they can have the rules handy to play with their friends and gaming groups, or just browse through submissions to come up with ideas of their own.

By no means will the compendium be limited to units. Formations, missions, campaigns; there are many potential avenues to explore and this community is incredibly creative and passionate.

I don't anticipate this will be wildly popular, but I want to do what I can to encourage other hobbyists to venture outside of the very limiting and at times frustrating confines of what GW has given us. After all, geedubs themselves encourage us to forge the narrative and take our gaming into our own hands.

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

TheCreator
09-25-2015, 01:05 PM
That is my attempt at the Glory Onto Chaos book. I love the idea of a website to submit to and where people can download stuff. A ratings system would excellent too.
I'm very interested and you've seen samplings of my graphic design work but I know HTML, CSS and a bit of Javascript too.