PDA

View Full Version : 500 point Patrol Force (IG)

TSINI
03-22-2010, 05:28 PM
With a day of 500 point Patrol Force games coming up, I figured I would revise the list I last used for a 500 point patrol force doubles.

The last list I ran was

Platoon Command - missile launcher, 2x grenade launchers, power weapon - 65 points
Infantry Squad 1 - Autocannon, Grenade Launcher - 65 points
Infantry Squad 2 - Autocannon, Grenade Launcher - 65 points
20 Conscripts - 80points
Heavy Weapon Squad 1 - 3x Heavy Bolters - 75points
Heavy Weapon Squad 2 - 3x Autocannon - 75points
Armoured Sentinel - Plasma Cannon - 75 points

total = 500 points

But this list was used in a doubles tournament.

so I figured I would try and beef it up, remove a couple of units, and replace them with some heavy armour (as heavy as patrol force allows) without losing too much hitting power.

after a bit of thought, I think I've found a way.

Platoon Command - Heavy Bolter, 2x grenade launchers, power weapon - 60 points
Infantry Squad 1 - Autocannon, Grenade Launcher - 65 points
Infantry Squad 2 - Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, (Transport below) - 65 points
Chimera - Autocannon, Hull Heavy Bolter - 60
20 Conscripts - 80 points
Heavy Weapon Squad - 3x Autocannon - 75 points
Scout Sentinal - Autocannon - 40 points
Salamander Scout - 55 points

total = 500 points

so by losing 6 men, I've gained 2 vehicles, I've gained 3 more autocannons with only a loss of the plasma cannon

by removing the plasma cannon I've got rid of my anti MEQ gun, AP3 is hard to come by when ordnance is a no no, but i think by upping the number of autocannons will actually push my force closer to killing hordes, and hard hitting power for tougher enemies.

and obviously, a second chimera would actually be the vehicle of choice instead of the salamander, I just plain don't have a second one - its just not my style :)

for those that don't know, patrol force rules are as follows.

- Any Codex/army list (inc Forgeworld lists) permitted.
- 500pts limit
- You must have at least one Troops choice.
- You may include a single HQ choice, but no more than one.
- You may spend remaining points on anything else in the codex.
- No model can have more than 2 Wounds.
- No special or Unique characters.
- No model can have a save better than a 3+ or 4+ Invulnerable.
- Vehicles cannot have a total Armour Value greater than 33. Calculate this by adding the Front, Side and Rear armour values (only count the side once).
- No Ordnance weapons.

oh and we always allow forgeworld gear - because we're cool :D

any suggestions/feedback welcome

Cheers, TSINI

Lord Azaghul
03-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Hey those games sound kind of lite and fun! I like the sound of it, I'm going to see if I can talk my group into trying one or two.

TSINI
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
yeah mate, they sure are

heres a pdf with a bit more info, originally from gw, which I found searching "combat patrol 40k" in google

http://ribwar.our-info.org/clientFiles/ribwar_hs_our-info/downloads/76.pdf

they work well as doubles tourneys too, which was my first encounter with them.

because of the miniscule army size, you either really have to think hard about what upgrades/units you're going to take, or just wing it with what you can fit into 500points.

the lack of wound 3+ characters means nids have a tough time putting any synaps cheaply on the board, so they're not really recommended armies, but you can just go mental on the gaunts and see what happens :D

conversly, the lack of 2+ saves, means theres no "toughies" out there beyond your basic marine, and no ordnance means blast is your only enemy.