Tyranid prime /w lashwhip and bonesword. 95

2x zoanthrope in mycetic spore 160
2x zoanthrope in mycetic spore 160
3x hive guard 150

10x termagants 50
10x termagants 50
Tervigon /w adrenal and tonix sacs 195
Tervigon /w adrenal and tonix sacs 195
5x Tyranid warriors, lashwhips and boneswords, adrenal glands, toxin sacs in mycetic spore 340

4x Tyranid Shrikes /w lashwhips and boneswords/ adrenal and toxin sacs 240

Trygon Prime /w adrenal glands 250
Tyrannofex /w rupture cannon
Brood of 2x Carnifexes /w adrenal glands and frag spines 350

So the prime with the warriors in the spore, they go rock it somewhere as far away from rockets as they can (har har) seriously though gonna have to watch out for the str 8 fire :(.

Mission will determine setup, but im seize ground most likely single gants on back objectives, second gant unit screening the 2 tervigons from assault at least while advancing up the field crapping out more gants to (and definitely if set right things like firedragons etc that will absolutely rock my defenseless lil tervigons wont get a shot.)

2 groups of zoanthropes and a tfex for any pesky armor 14, hive guard sit behind a rock and start chewing up rhino after rhino. probably leave one crapped out gant unit to bubblewrap them against any dropping assault shenanigans as the tervis advance past them.

Carnifexes would just run at something valuable and start breaking stuff.

The shrikes are in the listmostly because the forgeworld wing kit for warriors looks amazing and i think they could be pretty nasty if used right.

Also a lot of people crap on tyrannofexes, as they have the whole -1 if not opentopped and yea that sucks, but they also cant be shaken stunned or weapon destroyed 6 t6 2+ save wounds should be enough for him to get to happily shoot away the whole game without the enemy dedicating a massive amount of firepower to down him, in which case my tervigons both probably make it to the enemys lines with their then massive brood of pretty nasty gants.

Tynskel
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
The Rupture Cannon doesn't care if you are open-topped or not. You are thinking of the Venom Cannon and Hv Venom Cannon.

There is something that bothers me about your list... I haven't quite figured out what it is.

Maybe no Doom?

Probably not it. Maybe it is the the lack of a Hive Tyrant?

Personally, I know that there are not to many troops in there. The Tervigons are nice, but a fat blob of guants are really effective too. Your biggest problem is if the Tervigon produces small sized squads- your opponent can kill those relatively quickly- Especially if the Tervigon is killed while in range of the Termagants. A squad of Genestealers maybe worth exchanging a Tervigon, then you can take those two 10 termagant squads and make them one 20 termagant squad.

Overall, the things I have learned of the bugs over the 15 years of playing them is that Monsterous Creatures are 10 times more effective if there is a blob of some type of gaunts with them on the charge.

The other guy
03-23-2010, 04:09 AM
I'm not a fan of this list, but i think it is because it is very similar to my first list, which then evolved into a completely different direction.

Shrikes are fragile, with a 5+ save, basic shooting will take them down.
the tyranofex will be low-priority for your opponent. A M.C. sitting at the back missing half of its 2 shots each turn. It will be a nightmare to try and shift off an objective (which it cannot claim), but it wont be a real danger.

Tervigons are unpredictable. One of my golden rules is to always apply muphy's law to gaming. Your dice will roll badly. you're battle plans will fail. your opponent will not take the bait on any traps you set up.
With Murphy in mind, your gaunt factories will stop producing by turn 2.

I see nothing wrong with the trygon prime, and your fexes will be a big distraction for your opponent.

Overall, i think you have lots of t6 (and 3+inv) and some counter attack units. I would predict your counter attack units will die to early game shooting, leaving your T6 beasties to slowly get into combat. It will be a slow game from this point. Your Trygon will do you well, unless your opponent is smart enough to take it down quickly. Your fexes will be too slow and get shot at by lascannons and meltas. Your tervigons not produce enough gaunts, and will be still on your side of the table on turn 5. Your opponent will save the tyranofex for last, or send in some outflankers to take it by surprise.

Tynskel
03-23-2010, 09:45 AM
The Tyrannofex is a low priority target, unless you make your opponent engage it. I would have it move up with your army to force your opponent to shoot it. Put 'em in front to grant cover saves!

gcsmith
03-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Tyranofexs are rarely worth their points, trygons are better in my opinion, and if you want shooting mobs instead of the 20 shot thing you could take, how about vors, obvs ur after anti tank but still tyranno fexs are for those who want other things than what you have in elites

Sinistermind
04-08-2010, 03:19 AM
i like T-fexes so far, i dont sit them in the back either, they have two other template weapons to use on infantry, in most cases he isnt needed to shoot at mech all game, but he still has the cannon should your opponent present the need later on:)

ragnarcissist
04-08-2010, 03:46 AM
oh man, i wish someone would take this list against my wolves... guarantee tabled by turn 4...gotta love JOTWW

Tynskel
04-08-2010, 12:10 PM
This is one of the reasons that I don't think Bugs won't make it very far in 'Ard Boyz.

You would have to get lucky and not fight Guard or Space Wolves.

On a side note: I am confused how you calculated the points for your Warriors- Lashwhips, Bonesword, Adrenal and Toxin glands comes out to 55 a pop. x5= 275 + a spore =315 where did the 25 points go? Maybe on Deathspitters?