PDA

View Full Version : 1500 crazy IG

rhaaga
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
hi guys, i'm an italian player...
imperial guard and armoured company are my love, so mixing it with my love for flying, this is my new tournament list:

Command squad+4 melta - 90
Platoon command - 30
A Squad+flamer - 55
B Squad+flamer - 55
Veterans+3 melta - 100
2 Vendetta - 260
2 Vendetta - 260
2 Valkyrie - 200
2 Hydra - 150
2 Hydra - 150
2 Hydra - 150

11 kill point...command squad and veterans into the valkyrie...1 platoon squad in every vendettas squad...

do you like it?
:mad:

Lord Azaghul
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
do you like it?
:mad:

Not to sound rude, but no.

The list wouldn't stand much of chance, to well, much of anything.

You only really have 6 units, and all are 12 armour, and squadroned.

Javin
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
First play what you love. Fun is the first rule!

Do you have an overall strategy for this list? Pound at range and hope your opponent does not get close? What units grab objectives?

You have great speed with all the air but they can not hide from every weapon on the board.

I have found squadroned vehicles tend to die rather fast due to immobilized results killing them. AV 12 tends to die fast to the large number of weapons that can bust it, from the mighty lascannon to the rotary madness of the assault cannon.

You only have 4 troops choices. All Imperial Guard troops choices die very very easily. You have some long range weapons which is excellent. You should be able to do damage to mech. What happens if you meet horde orks, nids, or IG? If you deploy everything you only provide 6 targets. If you out flank you only have 3 units on the board.

An example (mine at 1500)

Vendetta 130
Vendetta 130
Colossus 140
Demolisher with HB 165
Vet squad x 3 melta in a chimera w heavy flamer & multilaser
Vet squad x 3 melta in a chimera w heavy flamer & multilaser
Infantry platoon
Platoon command sq x 4 flamers in a chimera w heavy flamer & multilaser
Squad A with Autocannon
Squad B with Autocannon
Heavy Weapon Squad x3 Autocannons
Special weapons team x 3 melta
Special weapons team x plasma
Command team x 3 plasma in a chimera w heavy flamer & multilaser

This list gives you 2 air, 4 chims, a demolisher and colossus. You also have 8 troop units. You pound them at range with the lascannons, autocannons, multilasers and colossus. As they get closer you open up with plasma and the demolisher. The Melta, flamers, and heavy flamers on the chims are for close in work. The two special weapons teams travel in the Vendettas.
You have mobility and firepower. You can still outflank and threaten your opponent with what you have on the board.

karandras
03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I think the list lacks theme due to the Hydras. If you are going for air cav, then do air cav. Drop the Hydras and bring more flyers with more troops. I would probably run all veterans with this list as orders likely will not come into play.