PDA

View Full Version : [750] Tyranids - Newbie; Balanced List

aNDo
03-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi guys,

I'm just starting out with nids and have no idea if I want to focus on MCs or horde. This list is more horde-oriented and I'll go into the tactics after the list itself.

Some advice for the Tyrant's psychic powers would be appreciated!

HQ:
Hive Tyrant w/ Bonesword, Lash Whip, Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs - 180

Elites:
Hive Guard Brood (2x Hive Guard) - 100

Troops:
Warrior Brood (2x Scything/Rending, 1x Scything/Venom Cannon) - 105
Hormagaunt Brood (12x Toxin Sacs) - 96
Termagant Brood (12x Fleshborer) - 60

Fast Attack:
Ravener Brood (3x Rending Claws) - 105
Ravener Brood (3x Rending Claws) - 105

My justification is that every single unit deserves attention. If the opponent focuses on the tyrant, my Hive Guard, Warriors and Raveners can threaten their army. And if they choose to ignore the little gribblies their lines may be overrun :)

The two parts of the army that I'm considering changing are the HQ choice and the Termagants. The Tyrant is really expensive for 750 points but I like the fear-factor he brings to the table. The Termagants offer little more than an objective holder - but really that could work to my advantage if the opponent ignores them.

I considered a Tervigon but opted out for two reasons; 1) there is no model available and 2) I have moved to a new city and would like to make friends (lol).

Some questions:
Should the Raveners be combined into a single brood?
Which psychic powers would suit my tyrant?
Should I drop a ravener, combine into a 5x squad and grab Regeneration on my Tyrant?

Thanks!

Tynskel
03-25-2010, 12:58 AM
hhmmmm

I think this list is interesting.

The first thing I would change are the Warriors. I would make 'em Death Spitters instead of Rending Claws. They can add a nice bit of firepower to the army. You have tons of rending with the Raveners.

I say, stick with the Hive Tyrant- It is a nice scary center piece.
However, if you decide to switch: Take a Prime with Lash, Bonesword, Deathspitter, Adrenal and Toxin Sacs (ya don't really need the last two items). He'll buff the shooting of the other warriors (assuming ya change the warriors).

HQ 100
100 Tyranid Prime
Prime, Deathspitter, Lash n' Bonesword

TROOPS 291
145 Warriors
4 Warriors, Death Spitters, Barbed Strangler
96 Hormagaunts
12 Gaunts, Toxin Sacs
50 Termagants
10 Termagants

ELITES 100
100 Hive Guard