PDA

View Full Version : Idea for three transgames suggestion and discussion

Broodingman87
10-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone, So this is a little different topic than what I see in this subforum but I had an idea for a game (or three) and thought I would share the idea and maybe raise a discussion, or maybe someone at an existing company would see it and decide to attempt it. but here it is. Since we're on a wargaming site, my examples will be set in the 40k universe.

There is three MMOs that are linked together in much the same way that Dust514 and Eve are. A MMORTS similar to the tabletop game, a mmo hack and slash/shooter similar to the Space Marine videogame, and a mmo space ship combat similar to Battlefleet Gothic (maybe the player controlling only a single ship like a flight simulator).

First the MMORTS, like the tabletop this will involves the player controlling a ground army and once units are purchased at the start of the game and the player cant make more units (apart from units like Tyranid Tervigon, Chaos Daemon summoning portal, etc.). Progression in the game will unlock new unit and upgrades that will still have to be purchased with points. The battle a faction wins will effect control of each planet or system. And possible the RTS player could shoot down the space ship play, or provide npc troops to the hack and slash player.

While the hack and slash player is playing, maybe the level and the units the player is encountering is changing based off of what is happening in the RTS, and what the hack an slash player is doing effects things in the RTS. Again, progression unlocks wargear options but not an increase in power. The hack and slash player could show as a pc hero unit in the RTS and maybe help repel boarding actions in the space ship game.

The space ship player could be called in the provide air strikes to the hack and slash, and RTS games.

Hope you guys find this interesting, please comment below.