View Full Version : [Pure Death guard][1,500] Competitive, yet fluffy

Bleakz87
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I have two lists both are fairly similar

Death Guard *1500*

HQ
Daemon Prince: Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warp Time = 175

Troops
7 Plague Marines: One upgraded to champion with power fist, 2 Meltas, Rhino transport = 256
7 Plague Marines: One upgraded to champion with power fist, 2 Meltas, Rhino transport = 256
7 Plague Marines: One upgraded to champion with power fist, 2 Flamers, Rhino transport = 246
7 Plague Marines: 2 Plasma = 191

Heavy Support
Chaos Defiler = 150
2 Obliterators = 150
1 Obliterator = 75

1499 Points

Stats
4 Scoring units
31 characters
4 vehicles
1 monstrous creature

The second list is

Death Guard *1500*

HQ
Daemon Prince: Wings = 130

Troops
7 Plague Marines: One upgraded to champion with power fist, 1 Melta, 1 Flamer, Rhino Transport = 251
7 Plague Marines: One upgraded to champion with power fist, 1 Melta, 1 Flamer, Rhino Transport = 251
7 Plague Marines: 2 Plasma = 191

Heavy Support
Chaos Vindicator = 125
2 Obliterators = 150
2 Obliterators = 150

*1499*

stats
4 Scoring units
32 characters
4 vehicles
1 monstrous creature

The strategy of the two lists are fairly the same. The strategy is to have the 7 man plasma squad guard the closest objective to my table side with the Obliterator squads. Then the rhinos will screen daemon prince which will hopefully allow the daemon prince with wings to make it into combat unscathed. The defiler or vindicator adds another vehicle to hopefully draw some fire away from the rhinos and lay down some pie plates.

I like the first list because I prefer the defiler over the vindicator it has more weapons in case one gets destroyed. and has a better range with the battle cannon I've had games where I put the vindicator down and since its heavy and gets deployed first people just deploy away from it. Also the first list the daemon prince remains fluffy with the mark of Nurgle and has warp time which makes him more of a beast. I also prefer keeping my weapons grouped together.

I like the second list because the vindicator is usually a higher priority target then the defiler and has that extra armor so it's better for target saturation to get my rhinos and daemon prince to where they need to be. Also the extra obliterator helps a lot and makes that unit better for annihilation so it's not an easy kill point.

Thanks to everyone in advance I appreciate the time it takes to look at someone else's list and work on it. :)

karandras
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I like list one, but I would prefer if the 3 Obliterators formed a single unit... I understand the reasoning in splitting them up, but just from a player and opponent standpoint, I don't like it... not really sure why, it just looks off having one all alone... I always run two squads of 2 myself

Bleakz87
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
See I want to run two squads of two really badly which is why I made the second list ( I personally like the first one better as well) But I can't find the points without splitting weapons up losing the defiler and tooling down my prince the only thing I'm 100 percent sure I want in my army is 4 squads of 7 plague marines. so it leaves me little room to customize

But if anyone has any ideas on how to make the first list better or fit in 4 oblits please by all means tell me I Just want to keep it fluffy so I would like to have the squads at 7 and the prince with a mark if possible

Thanks again in advance i could use the help.

joescalise
03-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Good list

I like the first one better. I hate facing plague marines (they don't die)

seems like it would be a fun army to use and to play against.