PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts true scale wolf wing

skarn
03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
I've been tossing around the idea of doing a true scale marine army for quite a while and have decided on Space Wolves. Whilst I've always liked the SW fluff, the factors that sold me were the individuality I could impart into each model, as well as the fact I could field terminators as troops. This lets me use terminator bases for my true scale marines and also keeps the $$$ of the army down due to the low numbers.

Before I go and start buying everything I want to decide on a list. This is what I've come up with so far:

HQ 1: Logan Grimnar

HQ 2: Njal Stormcaller

EL 1: Dreadnought
Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Wolf Tooth Necklace and Talisman.

TR 1: 4 Wolf Guard Terminators
1 with Wolf Claws
1 with Power Weapon & Combi-melta
1 with Thunder Hammer & Combi-melta
1 with Power Weapon & Combi-flamer
Drop Pod
Logan goes in here

TR 2: 4 Wolf Guard Terminators
1 with Power Weapon & Stormshield
1 with Thunder Hammer & Combi-melta
1 with Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon & Combi-flamer
Drop Pod
Njal goes in here

TR 3: 5 Wolf Guard Terminators
1 with Power Weapon & Stormbolter
1 with Thunder Hammer & Combi-flamer
1 with Power Weapon & Combi-flamer
1 with Power Weapon & Heavy Flamer
Drop Pod

FA 1: 2 Landspeeders
Both with Heavy Flamers & Multi-meltas

1499 points

I realise its not the strongest list in the world, but is it in any way competative? If not, what should I change? I'd like to stick with the terminator theme, for the base's size as mentioned, as well as the fact terminator rules fit the marine fluff better IMO. Combi weapons let me stick with bolters for the marines which are their iconic weapons. Njal and Logan together is a huge points investment, would a normal RP be better? If so, where should the spare points go?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

joescalise
03-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Njal in his terminator armour is one of the best psykers in the game. +2/+4 saves you can't beat it.
game wise you do not have a lot of figs but if you are going for a fluff army it looks great. I started to play space wolves back in 99 and I love doing armies like this in fun games.