PDA

View Full Version : Pre-painted Historical 15mm Wargaming Terrain

Ragnaras
10-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Hello all.

I want to present you my and my brothers project, dedicated to Historical 15mm wargaming (but keeping mainly FoW in mind :) ):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frontarc/pre-painted-historical-15mm-wargaming-terrain

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/projects/2066345/photo-original.jpg?v=1443467780&w=1024&h=768&fit=crop&auto=format&q=92&

We've been working on this terrain for the last 10-11 months and finally we launched a Kickstarter campaign.

We have also managed to cooperate with Deep-Cut Studio and they made a 4'x6' wonderful Playmat specially for our Kickstarter.
Let me know here what do you think about this project. We are open for your ideas. For example - we could make some stretchgoals according to your suggestions.

Cleon
10-14-2015, 01:45 PM
That's some pretty impressive terrain and as a Brit, your international shipping seems very reasonable even if the buildings themselves are on the upper end price wise of what's already out there.

Before backing though I'd be interested in some information about the painting technique used - is this pre cut stencilling or some other approach (I've seen that leave burn marks on the finished product before).

Ragnaras
10-16-2015, 12:47 AM
Yeah, we did our best to get the best shipping prices possible. We wanted people to spend money on actual stuff. And for Europe we got. For the rest of the world - we got quite good prices, but not so appealing as for Europe.

I can't reveal the whole process, but the paint is applied to the board before cutting and engraving. It soaks into surface layer, so is very durable. And then we cut and engrave it.
Yes there are some burn marks on some edges. But they can be cleaned easily with a wet sponge. And in some places these burn marks even look better than a cleaned version :D

Cleon
10-16-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm currently trying to weigh up justifying more buildings (more terrain good - limited storage space bad). Could you clarify a couple of points?
First - On the transport set, are the garage doors part scored so you can easily cut them to open? (if not would this be possible)
Second - The additional buildings just added, can their weight be added to the postage calculator summary?

Cheers

Ragnaras
10-17-2015, 02:35 AM
Weights of the new Add-Ons added to KS page :)
Can you clarify abut those garage doors - do you want them to be cut-out? Do you want to cut some of them yourself?

Cleon
10-17-2015, 04:59 AM
I was thinking if the texture cuts could be deep enough that you could cut them open to open or close as many doors as you wanted easily then that would be pretty cool. I wasn't sure how deep the detail was burnt in compared to the thickness of the material.

Ragnaras
10-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Engraving goes max 0,5mm out of 3mm board :)

Cleon
10-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Well I've pledged $97 for now (for the transport buildings + shipping +$5 non core surcharge, if I read that right). I'll see if I'm tempted by more when I see how much I have left at payday.

Ragnaras
10-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your support! (Yes, you've done everything right :) )

Ragnaras
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Only 2 weeks left till the end of our campaign. We're still waiting for support :)

Ragnaras
11-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Just a reminder, that our campaign just stepped into the last week on Kickstarter. :) So if you still haven't decided what to grab - it's just about the right time to do it :)