View Full Version : 1.5k Daemons For Review
08-05-2009, 11:36 PM
This is my first post here, I've been collecting and painting Daemons since they came out last year, although only recently have I begun to play with them. This is the list I've been using:
1500 Chaos Daemon Army
290- Lord of Change, We are Legion
105- 3 Flamers of Tzeentch
150- 5 Fiends of Slannesh
192- 12 Bloodletters
214- 12 Pink Horrors, Bolt of Tzeentch
175- 10 Plaguebearers, Chaos Icon
210- 15 Daemonettes
160- Soul Grinder, Phlegm
Pretty Standard list I guess, but it's been working pretty well for me. Any advice or comments? I was thinking about dropping the Soul Grinder for a Prince but I would have find some more points to kit him out.
Thanks for Looking! :D
08-06-2009, 08:16 AM
LoC is stupidly expensive and not all that great for shooting, 4 shots does not a dakka beast make.
Flamers a fragile and require dangerous placement.
Fiends are the best, get as many as possible.
Don't bother with icons, just take 2 units of 5 PBs to hold objectives. Daemonettes and Horrors are very soft.
Single Grinder is asking for it as your only vehicle. Grab Tzeentch DPs to help against armor.
As is, you have only 2 tank busting shots (not even that good) and no real combat troops (Bletters too slow, nettes too soft, Fiends too few).
Get more Fiends, DPs, and you should be better off.
Check this (http://40kdaemonreview.blogspot.com/) out for all your Daemon needs.
08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey usekungfu, do you already have all of these models or are you using proxies?
1. At 1500pts, the Lord of Change is a bit pricey. He's a bit more useful at 2000pts, but I don't consider him a particulary effective HQ.
2. I like fiends a lot and they are really hard for just about any army to deal with. They have a trememdous amount of S5, Rending, I5 attacks. 10 Fiends in a 1500pt list would be very hard.
3. I used to think that Plaguebearers were a decent anchor, but I just don't care for them anymore (outside of Nurgle heavy lists). I'd go with more Bloodletters or Horrors. I use Daemonettes (because I have them), but I have a lot more fun with Bloodletters and Horrors.
4. I love my Soul Grinders, but it really depends on what you plan on doing with them. You say the list has been working for you, so how are you using it?
08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks Chumbalaya and Mker!
1. I do have all these models and more. I could drop the Lord of Change for a Bloodthirster but I honestly like the model.
2. 10 fiends would be a lot for 1500, I think five do just fine though, lately they've worked out very well for me.
3. Plaguebearers aren't that great, I agree with you, but for some odd reason that attract a lot of fire away from the Blood letters and Daemonettes, those being my two big combat troop units. I'm honestly not sure how I would drop them and what I could replace them with.
4. I have to admit I love the models as well, they are just big intemediating engines of destruction. I have two although i normally use one. In larger point games like 2k I use both, but lately they've been getting popped by anti-tank weapon instead of steam-rollering into my opponent. That's Why I am considering using a daemon prince at 1.5k.
As for you other suggestions, I'd like to try a daemon prince. Basically my changes would be to Drop the Lord of change and the soul grinder and add a Bloodthirster and a Daemon Prince.
08-08-2009, 07:48 AM
How about instead of the LOC you take a herald on a chariot with we are leagion, master of sorcery and bolt of tzeentch. Take 2 and they but out much more dakka.
08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
With all the stuff you have in there that's anti-fantry you should run your SG with the Tongue profile instead, because it can pretty capably destroy a vehicle while waiting to get into assault.
Fiends are awesome.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.