PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Ordos Guards List

guineapigfury
03-27-2010, 07:51 AM
I came up with the plan for this army after reminiscing about the old Dune II game. The Ordos were this amoral merchant house obsessed with profit and efficiency. Their units favored speed along with infantries of varying qualities. I built this list around a core of 4 Veteran Squads.

HQ:
Primaris Psyker - 70

Heavy Support:
LR Exterminator w/ Storm Bolter - 160

Fast Attack:
3 x Sentinel w/ Lascannon - 150
Armored Sentinel w/ Plasma Gun - 75

Elites:
Psyker Squad - 60

Troops:
Veterans w/plasma pistol, HF, Shotguns and Demo - 130
Veterans w/ 3 Sniper Rifles, HB - 95
Veterans w/ PF, HF Shotguns and Demo - 135
Veterans w/ Plasma Pistol, 3x Plasma Gun, Shotguns, Demo - 155
Platoon 1:
PCS w/ Mortar - 35
Infantry Squad w/ Commissar, 2x Power Weapon, Flamer - 110
Infantry Squad w/ Power Weapon, Flamer - 45
HWS w/ 3x Missile Launcher - 90
HWS w/ 3x Missile Launcher - 90
Conscripts x 25 - 100
Platoon 2:
PCS w/ Mortar - 35
Infantry Squad w/ Lascannon - 70
Infantry Squad w/ Lascannon - 70
HWS w/ 3x Autocannons - 75

The idea was to make almost every infantry unit a credible AT threat without doing the lame chimeltaspam. I went with the Psyker since he fits the mentat role. I also tried to keep the Veteran Squads in basically the same tank hunter role with minor variations in weaponry to add some fluffiness. Please point out any glaring holes in my list.

Lord Azaghul
03-29-2010, 01:31 PM
First off: I like the idea of the list.

Fluffwise I do like what you're doing here.
But with all those HW teams a CCS or two would do you a world of good.
Just think effecency here!
You could still call the guy a mentat, as he could be 'calculating the odds' as he gives orders.

I would actually drop the pyker battle squad as well to find the points, unless they are sheltered in a chimera they are too squishy to survive. And since you only have min points on them - I'd just drop 'em

Vet: lots of pricey upgrades in there. I would consider replacing 1 sargent with a 'counts as' sargent harker: 55 points, gives the unit stealth, infiltrate, and move through cover. Drop the powerfist, and heavy flamer, too expensive to really be worth it on IG.

PCS: I think a melta, or flamer would be better then a mortar. I love mortar in HW squads, but the PCS should be able to move, support and give orders as needed.

Sentinals: Unless you've built them Lascannon already: go with something else. Multilasers are awesome, and you can't go wrong with auto cannons. One shot on bs 3 its really worth it.

Concripts: I don't really care for these guys. And with all the models on the table they just might get in the way. Give their points to a priest with an evisorator, or add another AC HW squad.