8 csm, fist, IoCG, melta, rhino-215
7 berzerkers, fist, icon, rhino-227
8 lesser daemons-104
8 lesser daemons-104

Heavy
3 oblits-225
3 oblits-225
3 oblits-225

Not a nice list by any means. 9 oblits is as cheesy as it gets, but it is ard boys and I don't want to pull any punches. From a competitve list stand point, what do yall think. Blank champs on plague marines are expensive, but they are not meant to be in combat and thats why the csm have power fists instead. Let me know, thanks.

w7west
03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I think the fists would be better placed on the plague champs since sacrificing a champ for greater daemon should come from the csm squad not the plague squad.

Tynskel
03-28-2010, 06:37 PM
What do you do with Abbaddon? Do you Deep Strike him by himself?

That's the only thing I don't like with the list- I would just exchange him with Huron Blackheart, or Lucius, or Fabius. Fabius would work- the extra points would upgrade the Chaos Marines to fearless- which they become really nasty with Mark of Slannesh or Khorne. (if you want a special character), or just get another chaos sorcerer with 'Lash' in there. That's really important power for the 'Ard Boyz.

Also agree with w7west, fists should be on the plague marines.

Odog
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I will need to play test which squad gets the power fists, I don't like plague marines in cc though, they are fairly resistent to shooting, but there are too many things that ignore their FNP for me to feel comfortable in cc with them. The csm squad is a bit bigger and is better in cc so that is why they are on them. Even though it is hard to swollow sacrificing a plague marine.

Abbaddon does what he wants lol. He has basically 3 options. Deepstriking by himself. Walking/running behind rhinos, or what I have found to work really well is to deepstrike him with a squad of oblits. The unit is fearless and he can take a few lascannon/melta shots the first turn they come down and it almost ensures that my opponenet won't assault them to kill them. But it mostly depends on my mission/opponent.

Tynskel
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
cool