PDA

View Full Version : 2500 'Ard Boyz Inquisition

vutall
03-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Hello all, just wanted to get your opinion on this list. If you have seen it before, it's been posted on both Bolter and Chainsword and Warseer, but I like to get as many different thoughts as possible. Thanks for the time reading and commenting!

HQ: (Witch Hunters) 125
Canoness
Blessed Weapon
Mantle of Ophelia
Rosarius
Book of St. Lucius
Melta Bombs

HQ: (Daemonhunters) 210
Grey Knight Grand Master
Incinerator
Icon of the Just
Psychic Hood

HQ: (Witch Hunters, doesn't count as 2 HQ limit) 40
Priest

Elite (Witch Hunters) 20
Inquisitor

Elite (Witch Hunters) 120
Callidus Assassin

Elite (Daemonhunters) 510
Brother Captain
Incinerator
9 Grey Knight Terminators
Incinerator

Troop 1 (Witch Hunters) 129
10 Battle Sisters
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius

Troop 2 (Witch Hunters) 129
10 Battle Sisters
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius

Troop 3 (Witch Hunters) 129
10 Battle Sisters
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius

Troop 4 (Witch Hunters) 170
10 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

Troop 5 (Witch Hunters) 170
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

Troop 6 (Witch Hunters) 170
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

Troop 7 (Witch Hunters) 50

Heavy 1 (Witch Hunters) 135
Excorcist

Heavy 2 (Witch Hunters) 135
Excorcist

Heavy 3 (Witch Hunters) 240
3 Penitent Engines

The Priest and Inquisitor go into the 5 man Storm Trooper squad and just sit somewhere to hold an objective. Canoness will go with terminators if they are foot slogging, or with a battle sister squad if I deep strike the terminators. Grand Master goes with terminators. Sisters hold objectives and be static, where storm troopers rush to melt things and also grab objectives. Excorcists nuke big bugs, and Penitent Engines are just for the fun of it. Any improvements and thoughts are most helpful.

Kahoolin
03-28-2010, 11:05 PM
It could be you made a typo, but I'm pretty sure the Canoness can't use a psychic hood - she isn't a psyker.

vutall
03-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Aye, Indeed. realized that, meant it to be on the Grand Master.

Tynskel
03-29-2010, 03:00 PM
First:
you have 7 troops. You can only use on force org chart at 'Ard Boyz. Drop one squad and use those points to give Rhinos to the sisters. (170 points= 3 Rhinos for your sisters= 20 points left over)

Second:
Ditch the Brother Captain- change the Terminators to a Retinue for the Grand Master (81 points)

Ditch that last Storm Trooper Squad (50 points) (not very useful, anyhow)

Drop three storm troopers from one strom trooper squads. (30 Points) This is where the Canoness, Priest, and Inquisitor will go. Exchange all Hellguns for Shotguns. Give the Sgt. Veteran Status (10 points). Buy him a Brazier of Fire (10 points), and a Power Weapon (10 points)

Third:
Buy an Eviscerator for the Priest (25 points), Power Armor (10) hey- he has two wounds... make him last longer.
Buy something for the Inquisitor- I'd say a Power Stake and a Inferno Pistol (35 Points), and Liber Heresius (20) to pretty much make you go first (last year, all of the missions for who went first depended on who deployed first). Power Armor (10), make him last.
Buy an Inferno Pistol for the Canoness (15 points)

Forth:
Exchange one 'Witch Hunter Storm Trooper Squad' for a 'Daemon Hunter Storm Trooper Squad'
Now you have access to Daemon Hunter Wargear.
Buy a Teleport Homer (I believe this is 10 points + 10 points for the veteran status)-- Might as well give your Terminators the option of a safe Teleport. Buy a combi-melta (15 ? points) giving you an extra melta shot.

I hope this helps.

The Inquisitor, Canoness, and Priest in one squad may be a bit much. If that is the case, I would shift where you drop the three storm troopers, and move the characters around. It is just nice to have the Canoness re-roll to hit on the charge, as well as the Inquisitor. Also- 2 Inferno Pistols, plus 2 Meltagun shots are nice. The Priest should have an Eviscerator. You bought him! He's soooo good. Cannot be targeted, has two wounds, and 3 attacks that re-roll to hit on the charge.

Ya really need the Armor for your ladies. They will not last long in an 'Ard Boyz tournament without a steel coffin around them, not to mention, it allows them to be flexible.

10 Grey Knight Terminators maybe a bit much too. That's a lot of points in one squad.
Dropping a couple and maybe a Sister's squad, and buying a full Grey Knight squad with Psycannons (2 in squad one on Sgt) might be better (still keeping 5 Scoring Units).

Another thing, you don't have any squad weapons in the Sister Squads. I would get them something. Flamer or melta. Probably flamers, since you have meltas in the Storm trooper squads. Especially since Sisters can carry 2 specials. or one special and a Hv Flamer!!!

1 squad with Flamer, and Hv Flamer (18 points), and one squad with 2 Meltaguns (20 points). That's worth giving up one terminator (and some of the redonkulous wargear I threw out to your characters).

2500/2500
HQ 625
HQ: (Witch Hunters) 141
Canoness
Blessed Weapon, Mantle of Ophelia, Rosarius, Book of St. Lucius, Inferno Pistol, Melta Bombs, Frag Grenades

HQ: (Daemonhunters) 409
Grey Knight Grand Master
Incinerator, Icon of the Just, Psychic Hood
Grey Knight Terminator Retinue
4 Grey Knights, Incinerator

HQ: (Witch Hunters, doesn't count as 2 HQ limit) 75
Priest, Eviscerator, Power Armor

ELITES 206
(Witch Hunters)
86 Inquisitor
Power Stake, Inferno Pistol, and Liber Heresius, Power Armor, Frag Grenades

(Witch Hunters)
120 Callidus Assassin

TROOPS 1159
(Witch Hunters)
220 Battle Sisters Squad
10 Battle Sisters, Veteran Upgrade, Book of St. Lucius, Brazier of Fire, Power Weapon, Flamer, Hv Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Rhino, Smoke Launchers

(Witch Hunters)
212 Battle Sisters Squad
10 Battle Sisters, Veteran Upgrade, Book of St. Lucius, Power Weapon, 2 Meltaguns

(Daemonhunters)
356 Grey Knights Squad
10 Grey Knights, 3 Psycannons, Sgt has Frag Grenades

(Witch Hunters)
163 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
7 Storm Troopers, Veteran Sgt, Power Weapon, 4 Shotguns, 2 Meltaguns

(Daemonhunters)
208 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
10 Storm Troopers, Veteran Sgt, Combi-Melta, Teleport Homer, 2 Meltaguns

Hv SUPPORT 510
135 Excorcist
135 Excorcist
240 Penitent Engine Squad
3 Penitent Engines

vutall
03-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Well, I did some optimizing. Heres what I came up with.

HQ Total: 695
-------------------------
HQ 1 (Witch Hunters) 295
Canoness
Blessed Weapon
Bolt Pistol
Book of St. Lucius
Frag Grenades
Clok of St. Aspira
Litanies of Faith
5 Celestians
2 Melta Guns
Veteran Upgrade
Eviscerator
Immolator
Extra Armor
Smoke

HQ 2 (Daemonhunters) 400
Inquisitor Lord
Power Armor
Psychic Hood
Psycannon
Emporer's Tarot
Mystic
Mystic
Sage
Land Raider
Extra Armor
Smoke

Elite Total: 300
---------------------------
Elite 1 (Daemonhunters) 280
Brother Captain
Incinerator
4 Grey Knight Terminators
Incinerator
Holocaust

Fast Attack Total: 201
Fast Attack 1 (Witch Hunters) 201
8 Seraphim
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius
Brazier of Holy Fire

Troop Total: 946
Troop 1 (Witch Hunters) 219
10 Battle Sisters
Melta Gun
Heavy Flamer
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius
Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino
Extra Armor
Smoke

Troop 2 (Witch Hunters) 219
10 Battle Sisters
Melta Gun
Heavy Flamer
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius
Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino
Extra Armor
Smoke

Troop 3 (Witch Hunters) 219
10 Battle Sisters
Melta Gun
Heavy Flamer
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius
Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino
Extra Armor
Smoke

Troop 4 (Witch Hunters) 219
10 Battle Sisters
Melta Gun
Heavy Flamer
Veteran Upgrade
Book of St. Lucius
Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino
Extra Armor
Smoke

Troop 5 (Witch Hunters) 80
6 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
2 Melta Guns

Heavy Total: 348
----------------------------
Heavy 1 (Witch Hunters) 135
Excorcist

Heavy 2 (Witch Hunters) 135
Excorcist

Heavy 3 (Witch Hunters) 78
Immolator
Extra Armor
Smoke

And here is the explanation for a couple of the odder choices. The Inquisitor Lord is there for Mystics, Hood, and Land Raider. The Land Raider is for two things: To SOAK fire, and to protect terminators. The terminators are there for two things: To SOAK fire, and if they survive, bash some faces. The 6 man IST squad goes in the Heavy Support Immolator. The reason I am not running 3 Excorcists is because I only own two. Now, any suggestion on this one? Is it a bit better now that I am not half dead tired? Or still need some improvement?

Tynskel
03-30-2010, 02:17 AM
I like this list.

Maybe some minor changes (like having one sister squad with 2 meltas, and the other with two flamers).

One thing to remember: the Grey Knight Terminators CANNOT start in the Land Raider. They'll have to start near it and embark on first turn. It is a minor thing, but, 'Ard Boyz is about cheeeeeesing rules- so, don't be surprised that some Leman Russ Executioner fries your Terminators on turn one, before they board the Land Raider.

To ensure turn 1:
Ditch the Seraphim- To me, they aren't worth it, unless you give them at least the two more twin-hand flamers, or the three Inferno Pistols. I would also ditch the 'Litanies of Faith'- really expensive for what it does. Would be better to just get a Simulacrum Imperialis. Besides- the Litanies of faith ONLY effects the character!

With that, I would get a second inquisitor (elites choice). Give that guy the Liber Heresius- this gives you a second (very reliable) chance at going first. Give him an inferno pistol (might as well have extra Melta shots) and Power Stake (or just a power weapon). He comes out to ~75 Points

I would take an assassin- anyone would work.

Ditch one member in the Storm Trooper Squad, so you can attach the second inquisitor.

Depending on your points- maybe more Simulacrum Imperialis? Or upgrade the Storm Trooper Sgt. to a veteran and give him a combi-melta- pack a ton of meltas in that squad.

ORRRRR

Once again, Ditch the Seraphim and Litanies of Faith (replace with Simulacrum Imperialis, saving 5 points)

Take instead:
202 Dominion Squad
5 Sisters, 4 Meltas, Veteran Superior
Dedicated Transport: Immolator, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers