PDA

View Full Version : I'm on a Hill? Need help on hill combat bonus

Liazardman
03-29-2010, 05:33 AM
The Warhammer rules are very clear if you are defending the crest of a hill you get +1 combat res. However we ran into a interesting issue in my last game.

I had a unit of flyers and a single character charged a unit occupying a hill so that all models involved were also on the hill. To make matters more complicated the hill was a single flat tiered piece of terrain so we were both at the same elevation.

Who should have had the hill bonus? At what point do you lose the hill bonus?

1st rnd of combat it was a draw due to the defenders +1 for the hill and the flyers broke but the character was able to hold, 2nd round we now rolled for the hill bonus (did the defenders still get the top of the hill this turn? we 4+ it since we had no clue) and they didn't get the bonus that turn.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks a lot

Lord Azaghul
03-29-2010, 07:01 AM
2nd round of combat you would NOT recieved the +1 bonus. Since both sides are already on the same level.

We also play- a bit of a house rule, that if flyers can land on the same level as the unit they are charging, no +1 bonus is given, since both units are on the same level when the combat begins.