PDA

View Full Version : hive fleet corvus ard boyz style

Skarekrow07
03-30-2010, 11:34 AM
alright after about 5 games i began changing around the list into this

Hive Tyrant; Hive commander, Heavy Venom Cannon, Bonesword, Lashwhip, Acid blood

Hive Tyrant; Hive commander, Heavy Venom Cannon, Bonesword, Lashwhip, Acid blood

Zoanthrope x 2; Mycetic Spore

Doom of Malant'ai; Mycetic Spore

Termagants x 20; Devourers, Mycetic Spore

Tervigon; Adrenal Glands, Toxic sacs, Catalyst

Tervigon; Adrenal Glands, Toxic sacs, Catalyst

Trygon Prime;

Trygon Prime;

Trygon; Regeneration

I hope you all see that the list is pretty self explanatory with a few surprises mixed in.
I thought about switching out one of the group of gants for another trygon. But i think the idea of the list is pretty self explanatory. It relies heavily on turn two with a 2+ reserve roll the zoanthropes doom and the trygon also possible the tyrants will crack open some of the enemies transports while gants shoot them all to hell with 60 shots each

I think the biggest weak point is the expensive gant troop choices...its 240 for each slot any comments would be wounderful.

I have been playing around with getting rid of one of the squads of gaunts for another trygon which helps.

Tynskel
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
hmmm...

There is something I don't like about this list...

I think your synapse coverage is poor. Those Devourer Gaunts will die very quickly without synapse. They'll break n' run!

You are outflanking the Tervigon, right?

Possibly, getting rid of two gaunt squads (freeing up 480 points) will start. From there, I would get a warrior squad and some rippers. The rippers will screen the warriors, and the warriors will screen your Tyrants.

This will leave you ~200 points. I recommend upgrading the Trygon to a Prime, and take a Mawloc. The Mawloc is good for the amount of Spore Pods you have. You'll be able to surround your opponent, and deep strike into the middle. Your biggest worry at 'Ard Boyz is Castle Guard with a Mystified Inquisitor. By surrounding the units, the tanks will have nowhere to be pushed to, and if a unit cannot move out of the way of the Mawloc, they are removed from the table. This is far better than just the Str 6 AP 2 large blast marker.

If you can, you really should give the Tyrant guard for the Swarmlord Lash Whips- making sure the swarmlord pretty much always strikes first is important.

For 'Ard Boyz, ya need to use all the tricks in the book.

Skarekrow07
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
play testing that list with a few changes in the weak points i came out to be 2-0-1...damn sisters. I learned the weak points in having to many gaunts that were rather...easy to kill...also while playing we discussed the rules of the nids...if hive commander stacks and the whole doom and units within transports thing.

anyways after reading several opinions from here and other sites this is what i came up with:

1 Tyrant guard

1 Tyrant guard

Doom of Malant'ai; Mycetic Spore

Tervigon; Scything Talons

Tervigon; Scything Talons

Trygon Prime; Regeneration

Trygon Prime; Regeneration

the total for this list is 2380...still have 120 points to play with. I have thought about gargoyles, filling up the zoanthrope broods, giving the tyrants another guard each or 20 hormagaunts...I am open to any and all suggestions

Tynskel
04-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Until a FAQ says otherwise, Hive Commander Stacks-- precedent from Codex Eldar.

The way the Rulebook on page 66 is written, Spirit Leech squishes mounted units.

120 points, eh? I would make a screening unit for you Tyrants. Making sure they get cover saves will be important. A good unit to use would be Gargoyles. They are good because they hover off the ground and can easily cover the Tyrant's body.

Part of me thinks you might want to ditch Regeneration on the Trygons. 'Ard Boyz Leafblower lists will make the Trygon(s) go away in one round of shooting, completely negating the benefit of having Regeneration!

Skarekrow07
04-03-2010, 08:17 PM
ya...but does hive commander count if he is off the table?...

also i agree...but it seems whoever doesnt play nids disagrees entirely regardless of any obvious statements or comparisons rule wise and fluff wise. lucky ard boyz has no sportsmanship score...

im leaning towards gargoyles too...i mean i bought a box of them...and for their points they could be pretty effective. I plan on deep striking my trygons however along with outflanking the tervigons

Tynskel
04-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Yes, that too.

The rule specifically states 'while he's alive'. Very similar wording to Codex Eldar. The Tyrant is technically 'in play' while in reserves. It is when he (she?) is removed, is when the rule stops working.