PDA

View Full Version : 13th Andromedan Regulars 1k IG

Ivarr
03-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Just bought the models for this from Forge World. Comments, input, criticism welcome

Company HQ 3 meltagun

2 platoon w/
HQ 3 meltagun, vox
3 infantry squads w/meltagun, vox

Vendetta
Vendetta
Vendetta

1k points

Its 78 models w/4 orders per turn. 3 vendetta's should help out at range...definitely plenty of shooting. Can reserve the vendettas if necessary.

Lord Azaghul
03-31-2010, 06:58 AM
Well. Its a very focused list. If you opponent has lots of mech you should do well. However if you facing hordes of boyz, or have ranged antimech, you'll be torn to pieces.
Vendettas are decent, but not very durible. I do think you need some form of anti-horde, or heavy support choice.

I'd say one of your worst enemies will be IG with autocannons, and mortars up the wazoo!

Ivarr
03-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Very good points....not sure how to change it....I have a basilisk and a chimera that I could add... have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Lord Azaghul
03-31-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm not a fan of meching up a platoon.
So I would actually suggest dropping one platoon for a vet squad in a chimera. My personal preference is to kit them with meltax2 flamer. 95 points, w chimera: 150

I really dig basilisk, a good all around gun. But if my math is right droping the platoon and picking up the vet squad doesn't leave you with enough points to pick it up.

You may want to drop 1 veddetta, pick up the baskie - that should leave you with enough points to pick up a HW AC or missle launcher squad. OR for the fun of it, a penal legion, the will generally die but are great at picking up objectives, and drawing an opponent away from your main line.

3 Veddettas will be great in larger games, but in smaller ones they are a bit of a point sink.

Tynskel
03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
a Hv Bolter hv weapons team might be good.

What Forgeworld models did you get? Elysians?

They are AWESOME.

a friend of mine has ~1500 points in Elysians (not including vehicles)

Ivarr
04-08-2010, 06:17 PM
a Hv Bolter hv weapons team might be good.

What Forgeworld models did you get? Elysians?

They are AWESOME.

a friend of mine has ~1500 points in Elysians (not including vehicles)

I actually bought the chaos Renegades and Renegade Enforcers. I love the models.

The Elysians are excellent too. Wish I could afford multiple FW guard armies.