PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels 1850pts Mixed Wing Army

Grubbslinger
03-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey, I put together this list for a DA army I plan on building and I wanted to see what you guys thoughts were. And before any one says anything, yes I know that its hard to win with DA and such. I like a challenge. :D

HQ-155pt
Belial- Standard

Troops- 1150
Deathwing Squad-Assault Cannon

x2 Deathwing Squad-Cyclone Missile

Deathwing Squad- Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields- Chainfist

Deathwing Squad-Lighting Claws

Fast Attack-295pt
Ravenwing Attack Squad- 6 Bikes- Power Weapon-Meltagun
Attack Bike

Heavy Support-250pt
Land Raider Crusader

The idea is to have the bikes on the table with the Crusader filled with an assault term squad and Belial (probably the thunderhammer squad). Then Deathwing Assault the rest of the terms on the board and start shootin! The Crusader goes after big units or anything really bad while the attack bikes take out armor and assault units.

Thoughts?

eagleboy7259
03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
One Land Raider probably isn't enough to have it stick around long at 1850pts. I would recommend trying to find the space to fit another one in there or just drop it completely. If you are trying to Deathwing Assault then I would recommend adding a LR so you can start more units on the table rather than trying to reserve it all and basically end up playing a demons list where you get a wave 1 and the the rest is a trickle of reserves rolls, Deathwing just doesn't have the numbers, range, or speed to do that sucessfully.

Alternatively you might try running this list as Ravenwing then Deathwing and then reserve it all. Multiple outflanking biker squads and attack bikes can pop tanks and you can then teleport homer onto those bikes. Sammy would be nice to make those bikes troops then, and as an AV 14 Fast Skimmer he is obnoxious.

Tynskel
03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
I love terminators, but eagleboy, I think, is right. i think it would be better to have sammy and bike troops. Me, I like to mix in a little bit of everything...
HQ
Sammy

Troops
2 Tactical Squad in a razorback
Bike Squad

Elites
Deathwing
2 Dreads droppin'

Hv Support
Vindicator
Pred
Pred