PDA

View Full Version : Iron Warrior - Black Library review.

david5th
03-31-2010, 10:49 AM
One of the first thing people are going to ask about this book is it worth £40 you have to pay for it. ( I know the price is £30 but you have to pay £10 for UPS delivery, you have no choice ). Well im my opinion the short answer is...no.

Long answer.

The story while action packed is no where near as good as Storm Of Iron. It's maybe not as good as Dead Sky Black Sun. It follows straight on form the short story The Skull Harvest and does provide a filler before The Chapter's Due and a small revelation about a prominent character but it could have been better plus it's only 87 pages long at A5 size. Thats one quarter of the Titanicus hardback.

SLIGHT SPOILER - the events in this book plus i believe the events in The Chapter's Due have been touched on in the SM codex.

Yes the book has been signed by Graham McNeill and there is some great artwork in the book, ( the daemon prince probably inspire conversions ) but this is to be expected from GW especially in a limited editionand isn't worth the extra price. The cover could been better - fake leather, embossed etc and not just flimsy paper.

I am hoping that Daenyathos will provide better value for money by telling what has happened to the Soul Drinkers but i am not holding my breath.