PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels! 2000 points

Tynskel
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey Guys,

I ran the new Blood Angels today. 2000 points, vs Tau.

I used:

HQ 155
Master Garibaldi
Captain, Terminator Armor, Pair of Lightning Claws

ELITES 520
Terminator Squad Tenacious
5 Terminators, Chainfist, Hv Flamer
Terminator Assault Squad Zeal
5 Terminators, 5 Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
Sanguinary Priest Shaharrim
Priest, Terminator Armor

Hv SUPPORT 440
Predator Destructor
Lascannon Sponsons
Predator Destructor
Lascannon Sponsons
Vindicator
Siege Shield, Extra Armor

FAST ATTACK 145
Baal
Hv Bolter Sponsons

TROOPS 740
Tactical Squad Omega
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Flamer, Teleport Homer
Dedicated Transport: Razorback
Assault Squad Luna
5 Marines, Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol
Dedicated Transport: Rhino
Death Co.
5 Marines, Powerfist, Power Weapon
Callistar, The Determined
Death Company Dreadnought, Hv Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod, Deathwind Launcher, Locator Beacon

The mission was Dawn of War, I went first.

To give you an idea how fast these guys are... by the end of turn 3, I had wiped out in close combat: Shadowsun, 2 stealth suit squads. I had 'Vindicated' a kroot squad and a Pathfinder squad. And I had 'hosed' with the baal another pathfinder squad (outflanking). Lastly, my two Predators were just ripping apart the hammerheads.

Being able to move Predators and fire all weapons= amazing. They really come into their own.

The Vindicator really holds a smack down- I got to fire it almost every turn.

Fast Transports... I went 36" in two turns, and then got out, having the transport go another 18".

Wow!

But back to the list:

Not too flashy with the 'new' units. However, I have been using a tank blood angels force for ever. I am excited to have 4 battle tanks in one game.

pgarfunkle
04-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Sounds like a pretty impressive list. I've slowly stopped using my Termies and reduced the number of tanks that I field but I think with the new codex I'm going to go back to the drawing board with my army list. I love the fact that the Baal no longer takes up one of the heavy support choices as I tend not to field many if any fast attack units under the previous codex.

Havik110
04-01-2010, 06:02 AM
Im looking at a list like

The Sang
a Libby for hood lance and 1 more power

The Sang Guard with a Banner (so now we have +2 attacks i we play the list right)

3 10 man Jump pack squads with 2 meltas
A preist for each squd

10 man DC with leo and jump packs

Dont know how i want to fill it out yet...Probobly with 2 -3 baals and if i can get a dread with a pod, there we go....

Although i do have enough jump troops to fill out all 6 spots on the force org chart...

This list is a lot like big bugs/scream list was last edition...it needs to work together to win but it will crush some skulls...

Tynskel
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
You are at ~2000 points with just whatchya got right now.

(Assuming some power weapons/powerfists in the Jump squads, Sanguinary Guard, and Death Company.

Soooo, unless you go over 2000, you aren't adding any Baals.

Tynskel
04-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I like the fact that you can have 1200 points in one Troop Choice- and that's not even buying any power weapons/ duddads.

Tynskel
04-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Another interesting thing:

Blood Angels got something that Space Marines don't have:

Tycho has the sterngaurd ammo. Essentially, he's a Sternguard Captain for your Sterguard Squad!

Duke
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I have also played a few 2000 point games and I am really happy with the codex so far.

How did you like the Predators with the Autocannon and Sponson lascannons?

Duke

Tynskel
04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I prefer Predator Annihilators- 3 Lascannons rock!

However, the Destructors performed quite well- especially when fighting Tau!

Hammerheads, in a dense terrain, are pretty good at dodging enemy tank fire. The ability to move 6" and fire all weapons makes a WORLD of a difference.

For example: I had blown off the gun on one hammerhead- he moved that one out of fire (and away), and blocked LOS of another.
I moved one Predator forward, able to re-engage the target (fighting at maximum range-- I had the two preds on opposite sides of the board to be able to have a crossfire). The second Predator moved and was within 12", ignoring the Disruption Pod, and getting to fire all weapons- That Hammerhead went down in a ball of flames!

Fast Tanks and Transports are pretty sweet.

But, you gotta think about what you are sacrificing to get the fast tanks. An Annihilator is ~180 points, a Vindicator with siege shield n' extra armor is ~170 points. That's a lot of points compared to space marines :~530 as opposed to 470 in space marines-- but, you are gaining Fast.

All of the transports points add up little by little. Razorbacks n' Rhinos cost more too.

What is a steal, however, is Assault Squads in Land Raiders. When you drop their jump packs, you get a ~35 point discount on ANY Dedicated Transport. If you take the Land Raider, you are still getting to Deep Strike, and you get a cheaper Land Raider.

Something to think about...