3x hive guard 150
3x hive guard 150
2x zoanthropes in spore pod /w cluster spines 170

20x Hormagaunts in spore pod /w cluster spines 250
11x termagants 55
11x termagants 55
Tervigon /w catalyst, cluster spines, adrenal glands, toxin sacs 195
Tervigon /w catalyst, cluster spines, adrenal glands, toxin sacs 195
7x Tyranid warriors, 6x deathspitters, 1x venom cannon, lashwhips and boneswords and adrenal glands, in mycetic spore /w cluster spines 445

3x Tyranid Shrikes /w lashwhips and boneswords, scything talons, adrenal glands, toxin sacs 180

Trygon prime /w adrenal glands 250

Like it says its a pretty deep strike heavy list, Hive commander sends a tervigon outflanking, Prime goes with warriors.

Shrikes are there because i have the awesome forgeworld wings for them and they look freaking awesome, not to mention they can do some great things if you give em a chance, especially with low model counts so its easier to hide them from being shot at ... stupid 5+ armor.

6 units deepstriking/outflanking, not sure if 1 group of zoeys 2 groups of hive guard is the way or 2 zoey 1 hive guard hmm ...

Tynskel
04-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Interesting.

I'd make some minor changes:

Drop the Shrikes for a Mawloc (adrenal glands?) The Shrikes won't last too long- the mawloc lets you do some REAL 'Ard Boyz Cheese (TM) (made in America). :) Deep strike into the middle of Castle tanks, and because you surrounded them with pods/Trygon- they are destroyed because they cannot move away!

I would go with 20 Devourer Gaunts rather than 20 Supa gaunts. The turn you come outta the pod is not wasted getting shot at- instead you are firing 60 Str 4 Shots.

I'd Drop one Tervigon, and one Termagant squad. Too Redundant and diminishing returns.

Give your tyrant the guard it needs! Buy another! Also give the Tyrant one set of Devourers- those Scything Talons are no longer needed. Plus, you can only cast 1 power a turn- might as well fire two guns a turn! Don't underestimate the power of 6 Twin-Linked Str 6 Shots- they can be a decent armor buster.

Use the points to buy 12 Supa Gargoyles. Buy a Brood of Sky Slashers: 3 Bases, Adrenal and Toxin Sacs. This stuff will hang around the Tyrant- screening the Tyrant and giving it extra CC umph. Don't underestimate the 3 Sky Slashers- they are purpose built throw away unit (69 points!)- however, if ignored, 15 re-rolling to hit and wound poison attacks are really nasty.

One Last thing- really a preference thing.
I don't like Kitchen Sink Warriors. They are expensive.
I think a better combo would be:

245 Screamer Killer
Carnifex, Bio-plasma, Frag, Adrenal Glands
Dedicated Transport: Spore Pod, Cluster Spines
195 Warrior Brood
4 Warriors, 3 Deathspitters, Barbed Strangler
Dedicated Transport: Spore Pod, Cluster Spines
Now you get an extra pod, and another kick-butt creature. The Carnifex MUST be dealt with, it will destroy ANYTHING the carnifex touches. If your opponent decides to nuke em, you aren't losing a large squad- they have to shoot 2 targets.

One Last thing. This list will get Screwed by a Inquisitor Mystic, unless you take out the Inquisitor/Mystics, right away. Difficult to do, however. (the Mawloc can do it, just swallow whole! Maybe Venom Cannons/Barbed Stranglers.)