PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Black Templar Mech List

Masterowen45
04-02-2010, 01:16 PM
HQ
Emperors chap (goes in one of the rhinos)
Accept Challenge no matter…

Elite
Assault Terminator Sword Brethrenx5 (3 Lightning claws, 2 thunder hammers)
Furious charge+15

Landradier crusader (dedicated)
Smoke launchers

Venerable dread
Armour
smoke launchers
Drop pod
Deathwind launcher

Troops
Crusader squad (6 Initiates 3 neophytes)
Melta gun
PF
Rhino (dedicated)
Smoke Luanches
Extra armour

Crusader squad (6 Initiates 3 neophytes)
Melta gun
PF
Rhino (dedicated)
Smoke Luanches
Extra armour

Fast attack
2 Attack bikes
Multi meltas

Heavy Support
Vindicator
Armour
Smoke launches

Pretty simple list really using the smoke launchers on turn one and assaulting turn 2. The dread drops down turn one shots then charges turn 2. The attach bikes take out any vehicles (hopefully). The vindicator sits behind the 'wall' shooting. I would like this t be competitive for a local tournament, so C&c would be great.

any advice would be fantastic:)

thanks

eagleboy7259
04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Dang are BT players coming out of the woodwork or what? It looks like you've kind of got yourself a miniature Bushido list here eh? Alright if you are going to run the route of using the Vindicator, you should ideally give it POTMS, that will allow it to move and shoot not matter what. Even though its the BT old school POTMS with BS 2 it really doesn't hurt that much because its a blast weapon. At that point you can leave the Extra Armor and Smoke off of it.

If you are going to run Crusaders in transports or pods ideally they should be composed mostly of Crusaders to take advantage of ACC. At a base cost of 50pts ACC is more worthwhile the more models that get to use it, trust me drop the Neophytes for Initiates, you'll get a much greater impact in assault.

Ideally if you are going to run a Venerable Dread in a pod the loadout should look like this : Venerable Dread w/ MM, Heavy Flamer, Tank Hunter, Extra Armor in a Drop Pod w/ Deathwind Launchers for 210pts. When you are dropping right into enemy lines you're going to be close enough to either run or assault so you don't need to try to smoke and be stuck glanced out anyway next turn. If the MM hits you should be almost guaranteed to get a penetrating hit. For penny's more you get so much more.

The attack bikes should be broken up into two units, alternatively you could run Land Speeders, and give them the MM and Heavy Flamer loadout.

After all that my one thought would be that your land raider will hit the dirt pretty quick, as a BT player myself I've lost confidence in the eggs in a basket approach. On one hand I can't help but believe its almost a guarantee that you will make it to assault and earn those points back since opponents could never hope to get into melta range until turn 2. On the other hand you have a unit whose ride is almost a solid 40pts over everyone else's Crusader and who are in reality pretty weak if they don't win the combat the turn they charge. If this were me, I would drop the bikers for a Predator Annihilator, since we don't pay SM price you can kit it out for 148pts and it will fudge opponent target priority when theres and LRC running around and it will probably kill more than your twin attack bikes. Tall order to make 50pts worth of changes to this list, but if you do then I believe you will perform a lot better.

Masterowen45
04-03-2010, 05:07 AM
thanks for the advice, but you have just told me what to add with these changes i will be way over the 1500pt mark.

Fellend
04-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Just want to point out that Black Templar drop pods do not come down on the first round but enter as normal reserves.

Nikephoros
04-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Just want to point out that Black Templar drop pods do not come down on the first round but enter as normal reserves.

Which is definitely a good thing.
------
My advice would be to try to turn those neophytes into initiates somehow. Maybe drop the deathwind launchers off the pod, the smoke and extra armor off the dreadnaught. That alone will pay for 4 of the initiates.

Masterowen45
04-03-2010, 01:01 PM
ok here it is with amendments, now i am also over points, any ideas??? remember, slightly competitive.

HQ
Emperors chap

Elite
Assault Terminator Sword Brethrenx5 (Lightning claws)
Furious charge+15

Landradier crusader (dedicated)
Smoke launchers

Venerable Dread
MM
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
Extra Armor
in a Drop Pod
Deathwind Launcher

Troops
Crusader squad 9 initiates
Melta gun
PF
Rhino (dedicated)
Smoke Luanches
Extra armour

Crusader squad 9 initiates
Melta gun
PF
Rhino (dedicated)
Smoke Luanches
Extra armour

Heavy Support
Vindicator
POTMS

Predator Annihilator
Heavy bolters
Smoke launches
Extra armour

Beta_Ray_Bill
04-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Dang are BT players coming out of the woodwork or what?

I know! It's because we're awesome.

eagleboy7259
04-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Okay working backwards from what you can leave out that will affect this list least the list goes:

1) Take Tank Hunter off the Venerable Dreadnought, the MM is S8 +2D6 within 12" so dropping the +1 doesn't hurt you that bad.
2) Drop a single Crusader from each Crusader Squad
3) Your Vindicator is 155pts not 160pts =D
4) The Predator Annihilator is 153pts with extra armor not 148pts =( but you could instead run it as a Predator Destructor with side lascannons. Its still pretty good at hunting tanks, not ideal but 2 S9 lascannon shots and 2 S7 autocannon shots with range 48" is nothing to sneeze at.
5) Drop the Deathwind Launcher off the Drop Pod
6) Drop a single Crusader off the Crusader Squad the Squad that the EC is traveling with OR if he was ridding with the Assault Terminators drop 1 single Crusader in each squad for a Neophyte.
7) Drop the Heavy Flamer off the Venerable Dreadnought

If you do all that it's over 100pts in changes. I don't think you have to do number 7 but for the life of me I cannot remember the pricing on that Deathwind Launcher... I think I remember but this is all from memory.

eagleboy7259
04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I know! It's because we're awesome.

Best darned chapter in existence!

gcsmith
04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I dnt no why but I agree they beat the space clowns (BA) the smurrfs, and the pupps, we are the only true legion, the way the emperor intended :p

eagleboy7259
04-03-2010, 03:06 PM
5,000 strong and growing every conquest!

Masterowen45
04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I cannot remember the pricing on that Deathwind Launcher... I think I remember but this is all from memory.
20 points

ok so made the changes and changed the annihilator for destructor with 2 lascanons but i am still at 1528 even without the flamer on the dread.

thanks for the advice guys

eagleboy7259
04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I have it at 1492 with the Heavy Flamer still on then. The mods might get on me for this but the points break down like this: Tank Hunters (10) 2 Crusaders (32) Correct Vindicator Pricing (5) Going from Annihilator to Destructor (20) Deathwind Launcher (20) Dropping 1 additional Crusader (16) or swapping 2 Crusaders for Neophytes (12) losing the Heavy Flamer on the Dreadnought (10)

By the time you reach the second adjustment to the Crusader Squad depending on which route you took your points stand at either 1492pts or 1496pts.

Masterowen45
05-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Final List with changes:

HQ
Emperors chap

Elite
Assault Terminator Sword Brethrenx5 (Lightning claws)
Furious charge+15

Land raider crusader (dedicated)
Smoke launchers

Venerable Dread
MM
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armor
in a Drop Pod

Troops
Crusader squad 7 initiates
Melta gun
PF
Rhino (dedicated)
Smoke Luanches
Extra armour

Crusader squad 8 initiates
Melta gun
PF
Rhino (dedicated)
Smoke Luanches
Extra armour

Heavy Support
Vindicator
POTMS

Predator Annihilator
Heavy bolters
Smoke launches
Extra armour

Thanks for the advice guys, any last changes or does it look good before i start the army.