PDA

View Full Version : BLOOD ANGELS 200 pt tourney list by DUKE

Duke
04-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Ill give the list and then the ideas behined it

HQ:
- Librarian
Blood Lance, Unleash rage (Preferred enemy)
- Librarian
Blood Lance, Unleash rage

Troops:
- Assault Squad
Sgt. Power weapon, M. bombs
Melta Gun
Razorback with TL Hvy. Bolters

- Assault squad
Same

- Assault Squad
Same

- Assault Squad
8 men
M. Gun
Sgt lightning claws, M. Bombs
Rhino
- Assault Squad
Same

Elites:
3 Sang Priests
Power weapons
2 Sang Priests
Power weapons

Heavy:
- Predator
Sponson Lascannons, Autocannon turret
- Predator
Same

Fast Attack
- 2 Multi Melta attack bikes
- Baal Predator
Flamestorm Cannon turret
- Baal Predator
Same

IDEA:
The Sang Priests join the Assault squads to give them Feel no Pain and Furious charge. Alsothey are there to give a few more power weapon attacks to the initial assault.

The Librarians joining the Rhino squads and fire off the Blood Lance from the safety of the vehicle at heavy armor. once assaults begin he casts preferred enemy on his unit and charges in, this is the same reason those sgt.s have lightning claws. This unit should hit like a ton of bricks

The Predators are there to take out light- Medium armor. with two lascannons and a Autocannon Rhinos and Chimeras should be short work, allowing me to assault the squishy troops, who have nice looking neck veins!

The Baals are set out to do the opposite of the standard preds. Outflank or scout move to get into good position and flame the enemy off objective with st 6 ap 3 templates not much should survive their wrath. In my test games they aren't that bad against light armor either, strength 6 on the side or rear hurts

In short:
Anti Infantry: Baal, Assault squads, razorbacks
Anti Heavy infantry: Rhino assault squads
Anti light armor: Hvy Bolters, Baal Preds, Auto Cannons on preds +everything in the Anti Heavy armor field
Anti Heavy Armor: Las cannon sponsons on preds, Multi melta attack bikes, Meltas in squads, Blood Lance
Anti psycher: Hoods on Librarians

C and C welcome,

DUKE

Tynskel
04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
the second libby should get either sanguine sword or might of heros.

Unleashed Rage effects the squad: so the other libby will already benefit from the power. By taking something like might of heros- you can get d3 attacks to the Sgt with Lightning Claws... or sanguine sword, and you have a re-rolling to hit str 10 weapon.

Duke
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
The libbies won't be in the same squad. Each one is joining one of the Rhino squads. That would be a good idea though if I had them in one squad. Any other ideas?

Duke

Tynskel
04-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't think you need 5 Sanguinary Priests. They are relatively expensive, and overly redundant. Their effect is an area, 1. And 2 there are tricks you can do to protect them and still gain benefits.

For example: Assault Squad, Razorback, Sanguinary Priest (no weapon). Disembark Assault Squad, leaving the Priest onboard, charge! As long as an Assault Marine is within 6" of the Razorback, the Squad still benefits from all of the powers of the Priest.

With that in mind, you could probably shave a couple of Priests. Then you could drop one assault squad. With those points, you could get a vindicator (Fast vindicators are AMAZING), and get weapon sponsons for the Baals (doesn't look like you took any). You should get weapon sponsons for the Baals for 2 reasons, weapon destroyed doesn't cripple your tank, and there will be times where you will move only 6" and fire 3 Templates!!!! If there are still any points left, you might be able to get a third Attack Bike (even if it cannot have a Multi-Melta, this adds more wounds!).

Another idea is to shave a couple of priests to get a Chaplain! You can have 2 Libbies and a Chaplain! An Assault Squad that Charges with re-rolling to hit Str 5 Init 5 is great!

Tynskel
04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Some other fun stuff:

Assault Squads get discounted Land Raiders (that deep strike!!) That alone can buff your army pretty well.

I REALLLLLLY like Assault Cannons on Razorbacks, so 1 (or two) could be worth upgrading.

What I find best in designing mechanized Space Marines is to have a variety of tanks. Then within those tanks mix up the characters attached to them. The idea is to make each tank roughly equal in target priority! This confuses the crap outta your opponent. The more time they have to 'think' rather than 'do' gives you an advantage. People in the middle of game can easily over-think things. Your 'gut' feeling is your brain making a series of calculations based upon previous experience. Trust your gut!

Duke
04-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info T... Ill look into the changes, I have thought about finding a way to include Chappies in the list since they are now Elites!

The one thing I disagree on is Vindis... I played a few games with them and though they are great on paper, the prevalence of cover severely weakness their killiness... At most I might include 1

DUke

Tynskel
04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Heh,

I have had some games where my Vindicator gunner was an '@$$hole' from Space Balls. Just shot all over the place.

However, the gun is usually quite accurate. Yeah, cover saves can be annoying- but Str 10 vs things like Thunderwolves will be quite useful. The Vindicator can also be a great back up anti-tank. Ordnance rolls 2d6 pick highest for penetration rolls.

I only have one vindicator- I agree, I think more than one would start entering the diminishing returns category.

Overall, I am really enjoying this codex. I am just excited to see that thoughts and ideas about the Blood Angels should work seem to be becoming a reality. (not that I submitted anything--- but simple things like, Jump Troops need a transport. Baals were restricting what other armor you could take. stuff like that).