PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, care to jog my memory?

atrox_futurus
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I can't quite remember all the details about the Space Wolves "Red Sleep" stage. I know that they enter the red sleep (or red dream?) when they are seriously wounded, but I can't quite remember all the details about it. I'm also pretty sure that you can come out of it (like Berek Thunderfist did in the Ragnar books) but if anyone has some facts they'd like to share with me that would be stellar.

Cheers,
atrox_futurus

AirHorse
04-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Its an emergency healing mode that they enter when they are critically, possibley even mortally, wounded. It slows down their bodies metabolism and function to preserve them so that their brothers have more time to get them to a healer and see to their wounds. Its kind of like a coma really, their body shuts itself down due to trauma and once the body is all dandy again they wake up and are like "sigh, how many months was I out for!".

All space marines do this, unless their geneseed is incomplete, and some voluntarily enter the state for various reasons, such as traveling long distances with little supplies.

atrox_futurus
04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Many thanks AirHorse, this will help me immensely.